• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Verizon Droid X by Motorola |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

viakado said:
my verizon contract is up soon, how much would this baby cost if i resign with an additional 2yr contract?
Only $150 if you do it online, that's what I just did.

kinggroin

Banned
Captain Blood said:
Today was kinda my first battery test day and I am not sure what to think seeing as this is my first smart phone. I seemed like over the weekend I wasn't making it a whole day without having to charge but I just equated that to constantly using it. So today I worked an 8 hour shift, and during the shift I really didn't use phone much. Some web surfing during breaks and my lunch hour but that was about it. At the end of the shift my battery had gone from 100% to 60% which I thought was kinda ridiculous. I then turned my phone off then on and my battery jumped from 60% up to 80% where it has been for about an hour. Has anyone else experienced this?

My omnia does this. Though as soon as I do anything semi-intensive, it drops right back down to the low battery life.

womp

Fatalah said:
Low blow! The Incredible is great! *if you can find one.

2.2 is on the way!
Not a low blow at all my Android brethren, the Incredible is a great phone but facts are facts.

:)

scoobs said:
Sweet, ordered my droidx so I hopefully will have it in a weeks time. When i upgraded I noticed there was no option for unlimited texting.. seems strange to me because I could have sworn this option existed for verizon now.
It still exists. You have to click the "Talk & text" option when ordering though. It's on the screen in which you pick your minute plan.

bathala

Banned
Captain Blood said:
I am bummed I was hoping I would have gotten the update by now.
got it
I check first. nothing.
fiddled with some "about the phone info" went back and checked it again. Updating now

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
bathala said:
got it
I check first. nothing.
fiddled with some "about the phone info" went back and checked it again. Updating now

2.2? Where did you go?

Edit: I got some update, didn't look like 2.2...

purg3

slept with Malkin
bathala said:
got it
I check first. nothing.

Yeah, I just went into the system update option and then was prompted to download the update.

bathala

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
What does this update do?
Improvements

Better battery charging status indicator
Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions
Redesign of weather widget icons
Faster Exchange ActiveSync¿ email loading
Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications
Organized favorite contacts by call count
Updated Bluetooth connection for enhanced video-sharing experience
Coordinated date and time across phone displays
Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol
Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot
Faster Visual Voice Mail loading

Enhancements

Enhanced, preloaded My Verizon application
Preloaded Amazon Kindle application

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ah thanks. Didn't appear to fix the wifi issue though, I can connect to wifi fine but it will drop internet all of the sudden, but will show full signal and my pc will still work. Odd.

bathala

Banned
really like the Droid X's email app than the gmail one.
interface seems more refined, and email messages more structured. html email still sucks

Fatalah

I bought this brand for my Incredible. Absolutely kicks butt.

+ It's light, and doesn't add much thickness to the phone at all.
+ It's made of shiny rubber, so it doesn't collect dust or stick to fabric (like jeans pockets)
+ It's very classy-looking.

I dropped my phone on tile within the first 10 minutes of putting the case on. Saved my phone's life. :-D

88668-large.jpg

This screenshot of the Nexus One case gives a better idea the shiny rubber material:

e01443a7dc7a50d98d24354adde242c0.image.300x297.JPG

Alucrid

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
Depends on if you want bigger screen or hardware keyboard. I think the X has better overall specs. :D

Screen isn't much of a factor, hardboard keyboards are indifferent. If X has the specs and I can get it now, it's definitely that. Thanks, glad there's no 'huge' differences. For me at least.

Drewsky

I'm new to buying phones and such. I've had the Env2 for a year and a half I think, if I wanted to upgrade to a smart phone like the Droid X what would I have to pay? Full price however expensive that is?

owlbeak

Is the virtual keyboard good on this thing? I was gonna wait for the Droid 2 for the physical keyboard, but I really want this big screen AND 720p video.

Fatalah said:
I bought this brand for my Incredible. Absolutely kicks butt.

+ It's light, and doesn't add much thickness to the phone at all.
+ It's made of shiny rubber, so it doesn't collect dust or stick to fabric (like jeans pockets)
+ It's very classy-looking.

I dropped my phone on tile within the first 10 minutes of putting the case on. Saved my phone's life. :-D

http://www.amzer.com/productImage/88668-large.jpg[IMG]

This screenshot of the Nexus One case gives a better idea the shiny rubber material:

[IMG]http://cimousa.com/bmz_cache/e/e01443a7dc7a50d98d24354adde242c0.image.300x297.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]
I bought that case and a Steinheil Crystal Clear screen protector. Can't wait to get them in.

scoobs

Horsebite said:
Is the virtual keyboard good on this thing? I was gonna wait for the Droid 2 for the physical keyboard, but I really want this big screen AND 720p video.
Its actually quite good and it has swype built in to it. The screen is so big they spaced out the letters more so its very easy to hit the correct letters.

I actually just bought the cheap-o rubberish case so we'll see how that goes.

owlbeak

scoobs said:
Its actually quite good and it has swype built in to it. The screen is so big they spaced out the letters more so its very easy to hit the correct letters.

I actually just bought the cheap-o rubberish case so we'll see how that goes.
Awesome, thank you! My contract is up on Aug 1st, so I will be picking this bad boy up. I assume when Android 2.2 comes out, this will get the update?

JayRizzle

Neo Member
I got mine the morning it released, and I love the hell out it so far. I'm a little disappointed that I can't root it (yet), but it is a huge improvement over my BB Storm.

phalestine

aka iby.h
Horsebite said:
Awesome, thank you! My contract is up on Aug 1st, so I will be picking this bad boy up. I assume when Android 2.2 comes out, this will get the update?

Are you eligible for New Every Two? if you you can upgrade now and get a discount.

Paznos

Horsebite said:
Yeah the Droid X is suppose to get Android 2.2 by late summer.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the phone coming from my Blackberry Storm, and I may be missing something, but I can't find a way to turn on vibration notifications for SMS/MMS or e-mails received. How can I do this?

I'm going to wait (im)patiently for a Seidio Innocase for the phone, I'll be super gentle with it until then. Unless there's some case that comes along that fits into the Moto car dock.

Paznos

Lambtron said:
Okay so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the phone coming from my Blackberry Storm, and I may be missing something, but I can't find a way to turn on vibration notifications for SMS/MMS or e-mails received. How can I do this?

I'm going to wait (im)patiently for a Seidio Innocase for the phone, I'll be super gentle with it until then. Unless there's some case that comes along that fits into the Moto car dock.
For SMS/MMS go to Text Messaging app then press the menu button and select messaging settings, then select Vibrate under the text messaging settings.

And for emails it's the same thing just go into the Gmail or the email inbox and go to settings and select vibrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom