• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Video Reveals Spring Window For Oreshika 2, Helldivers, Hotline 2, Shovel Knight

Takao

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpbyyLCsq90

Games highlighted:
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Jungle Jumble (Available Now)
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Coming Soon)
Helldivers
Shovel Knight (Coming Soon)
Toukiden Kiwami
Olli Olli 2
Titan Souls (Coming Soon)
Spongebob Heropants (Available Now)
Grim Fandango Remastered (Available Now)

As if the lack of communication wasn't enough, I think it's safe to say Oreshika 2 is a PSN-exclusive in the west. Play-Asia is listing a physical English release in March for the Asian region, so those that must go physical have an option.

I love my Vita, it's nice to know at least her biological parents are somewhat interested in her as well.

Can't wait for Olli Olli 2 and Hotline Miami 2

bobawesome

Can't wait to finally play Shovel Knight on a platform I care about.

0umSZDt.jpg

Shizuka

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Jungle Jumble (Available Now)
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Coming Soon)
Helldivers
Shovel Knight (Coming Soon)
Toukiden Kiwami

Olli Olli 2
Titan Souls (Coming Soon)
Spongebob Heropants (Available Now)
Grim Fandango Remastered (Available Now)

Only games I'm getting from that list in bold. Still, great games.

Producer

Lol at them just randomly putting out a minute long sizzle trailer, then half of it is PS Now and Remote Play.

gg

Takao

Banned
Damn, I kind of hoped to see Steins;Gate there.

Probably too "obscure" for this video. They didn't highlight Hotaru no Nikki or Idea Factory's stuff. Toukiden has graphics and Oreshika is a Sony game.

People thought Oreshika would get a physical release?
Sony isn't even putting MLB 15 Vita out physically

I can see their still being an audience for a physical copy of Oreshika in the US but not MLB (which is still getting a retail release btw, but it's a download voucher and not a card). Vita is the RPG and indie game machine now, not sports and AAA. But it was pretty clear from how little Oreshika was mentioned that it was destined for digital-only status from the start.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Still, fuck SCEA. Between them and NoA, living here is pure disappointment.

I figured Oreshkia would get a physical release. Freedom Wars did, and this seems like a very good first party effort, so I would expect one personally. Can't wait for that, OlliOlli2, Shovel Knight, and Toukiden Kiwami. Not sure how I'll afford all of them though.

No Axiom Verge :/

At least Oreshika is on there, and Sony cares enough about Vita's continued existence to make a 2 minute un-narrated video of trailer clips. I feel like that's progress.

I figured Oreshkia would get a physical release. Freedom Wars did, and this seems like a very good first party effort, so I would expect one personally.

I was living in some deluded world where I thought it would get a collector's edition. The Japanese one was sweet:

gentei.jpg

That case is so classy :(

And I think it's pretty obvious that despite all the noise, Freedom Wars physical didn't sell much in the West. That was probably the last chance and now everything else will be digital releases.

Anyway, good list of games there. I'm buying Helldivers, Hotline Miami 2, Titan Souls and Shovel Knight. Super Time Force Ultra and Broforce too, if they are any time soon.

Nice to see they haven't forgotten about Oreshika then. There was a lot of silence around that game for a while, I was getting worried.

dugdug

Banned
Let's be realistic. People had to pressure Sony into putting Freedom Wars on retail, and still no one bought it.

They aren't falling for that again.

Steel

Banned
Really want Oreshika. Sounds like a pretty interesting concept overall. Hope the delay means they dubbed it.

monpiece

Banned
One minute video, with 20 seconds dedicated to advertise PS4 games. I think that is worse than the usual lack of effort SCEA puts on Vita.

18-Volt

Just give up Sony. No one will use PS Now or Remote Play on Vita unless you add L2/R2 and clickable buttons somehow.

Either support the system with more actual games or just call it quit.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I get a bit hot under the collar imagining Shovel Knight being played with the Vita d-pad.
Just give up Sony. No one will use PS Now or Remote Play on Vita unless you add L2/R2 and clickable buttons somehow.

Either support the system with more actual games or just call it quit.
I'd be fine with remote play if they just let us remap buttons where we want them.

bigkrev

And I think it's pretty obvious that despite all the noise, Freedom Wars physical didn't sell much in the West. That was probably the last chance and now everything else will be digital releases.

Anyway, good list of games there. I'm buying Helldivers, Hotline Miami 2, Titan Souls and Shovel Knight. Super Time Force Ultra and Broforce too, if they are any time soon.

I think Freedom wars was half price at Best Buy less than 2 months after its release

Top Bottom