• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
If Trump drops out and lets Pence take over, I would switch to Pence immediately. As things are right now, I won't vote for Trump.

Pence is an idiot.

"Should we allow more countries more nukes? Just answer yes or no?"

M5vlnYc.png

"well umm, umm umm ummm"

kJlByUk.png

marrec

Banned
I don't get how this changes things though. Trump could literally kill someone and his supporters would only like him more. Nothing can sway their opinions.
There is a group of people, 30 to 35% of America, that is going to vote for him simply because of the R by his name. Therly aren't voting for Trump cause of Trump.

A smaller group (5% to 15%) is actually voting for him because they are deplorable people. There is a venn diagram where those two groups intersect but between those two groups he has about 40% of the vote. He needs to expand his support beyond that 40% but cannot specifically because of shit like this.

This is only the most recent and most shocking (for puritanical America) of his fuckups. So despite this weird idea that he can do anything, based on polls it's clear that he cannot do anything.

El Topo

Trump will never drop out lol

Who gives a fuck what he said back then? Guy changes his opinion every day.

He refused to sign a pardon for a man who got exonerated of a crime, because reasons

Are there legal reasons, e.g. setting a legal precedent that could cost the State money? I mean, if I look at my country (Germany), I think to this day the homosexuals that were prosecuted until the 90s due to laws aimed at gay people have not been pardoned to this day.

Tarydax

Banned
Yes getting up to speed on this. Pretty shocking. Why didn't this come out during the primary? Surely it would have sunk him.

It was a few pages back (or maybe in another thread), but there was something where Republicans said they didn't think anyone would care about stuff like this.

Plus Rubio, Jeb!, and Lyin' Ted had a clownshoes opposition-research operation and they also wanted Trump's supporters.

CHC

Yes getting up to speed on this. Pretty shocking. Why didn't this come out during the primary? Surely it would have sunk him.

If it was planned it's the smartest move. Let the GOP nominate a complete buffoon with a Raiders of the Lost Ark style warehouse of dirt on him, then slowly drip it out and shred the once chance that they gave themselves at the president.

It's like the differences between attacking a bunch of spread out enemy barracks or waiting until every single soldier in each of those barracks boards one single ship, then sinking it.

rjinaz

I've been seeing this sentiment on my FB.

SEFGFkp.jpg

This is how they talk about their women I guess.

Back to the issues.

This "back to the issues" talk is glorious coming from Trump supporters when they can't go a minute without bringing up emails, Benghazi, or Bill Clinton affairs.

Stop talking about this, I care about the issues! Besides Hillary did this and that...

yeah ok.

Otnopolit

Christie and Giuliani both just walked into Trump Tower and refused to take questions. Shit is going down, and I really want to know if Pence will give a statement about his absence in Wisconsin.

OH IMAGINE THIS: Pence drops out, and Donald, unable to be gracious when slighted, publicly condemns his "weakness" and says he's better off without him. Glorious.

Crayon

I talk about McDonald's breakfast that way. But I don't know if all men do.

When I see a mcgridle I just start kissing it. I can't help myself.

Christie and Giuliani both just walked into Trump Tower and refused to take questions. Shit is going down, and I really want to know if Pence will give a statement about his absence in Wisconsin.

OH IMAGINE THIS: Pence drops out, and Donald, unable to be gracious when slighted, publicly condemns his "weakness" and says he's better off without him. Glorious.

I need this. Just stay in and go scorched earth.

You're talking about the second passage that was written by Trump's lawyers after a settlement, right?

And the first, written for an intended bestseller "tell-all", is more credible?

It's not a good line of attack against Trump. It's like treating Bill Clinton as a rapist because of Juanita Broaddrick's accusation.

shiba5

This is the bestest timeline.

If Pence walks away, would this be the third time Trump lost a running mate, because damn that would be something.

I can't believe that of all the shit Trump has said and done, this is what blows up the most. Not to downplay it - he's a vile person - but I didn't think anything would hurt him at this point.

I mean, he literally admitted on tape to viewing women as mere sex objects and sexually assaulting multiple women. While married to his pregnant wife at the time.

It's different to the other things he's done so far.

User1608

Banned
Lol Romney, way better than Trump despite being an asshole too. At least he has some principles and had a platform.

*And yeah, sorry Romney but the rest of the party and down ballot is likely going down in flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom