• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Bachmann is fucking disgusting, as usual. Doesn't even attempt to address the Q. Saddens me that slimy filth like this popped out 5 kids. Hopefully they turn out nothing like her.

https://twitter.com/NewDay/status/784771584728834051

Hopefully they will all be like her husband.

1_123125_2100252_2280281_2298413_110715_hn_bachmannwaves_tn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Forearms

Him saying pussy on camera shouldn't be the gamechanger. We have his own words backed by testimony after testimony. He's said all this shit before and the only difference this time was that he used naughty words.

He's talked women in derogatory fashions and their capitulation to his so called fame many, many times. None of this is new, but none of them blew up lile this. This is a victory with a fun soundbite and nothing more.

This is different because he's bragging about sexually assaulting women because of his status... stop listening to anyone trying to make it less than that (e.g. Trump surrogates). The word pussy is not the problem here.

I have no idea why people in this thread, and some Republican politicians, think Trump can withdraw and they can put someone else on the ballot. That ship has sailed - if he withdraws then they just forfeit having a Presidential candidate this election unless I'm 100% utterly mistaken. Nobody else was nominated, nobody else has been properly vetted, and nobody else is on the ballot in any state or will be. I guess they could do a write in campaign but good luck with that. They're stuck with that vile piece of shit and I say good.

I don't think most people believe that they can replace him, or that it would be even remotely possible to win at this point even if they could.

I think--hope, because I like to believe even people on the opposite side of the spectrum have basic decency--that they instead recognize it as a moral imperative to prevent the man from taking office and do what's possible to pull away his pulpit for preaching increasingly vile and hateful rhetoric. If not that, then I at least hope they have enough shame to want to remove him purely for the sake of saving face.

There are worse things in the world than losing. Trump is rapidly working his way down that checklist for the GOP and its constituents.

rjinaz

I know that's why I'm wondering why people are saying this is the final thing that sunk him when we don't know the real impact

Nobody KNOWS but there can be safe assumptions. He got booted from a fundraising event by Ryan. The reactions from this are like no others so far. Him boasting about grabbing women by the pussy because he's famous isn't something people are going to forget. It's most definitely a campaign sinker because it's an insult to the largest group of people yet. But he was going to lose anyway imo so take that for what you will.

Sydle

Romney must be getting great sleep lately. He never backed Trump, spoke out against him from the start, and now he actually looks like a human being rather than a puddle of boneless flesh.

I am out of the loop. Why didn't he run again? I think he would have this in the bag.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Seeing people on my friendslist defend this is hilarious. They'll mow down Hillary over emails but talk about how okay this is.
"It's just how guys talk" (a girl said this)
"Those people on CNN act like they're angels"
Hooboy

"[Blank] is no angel..." is always the best argument. It's a red flag that the person doesn't have a way to argue against what is happening. Literally none of us are angels. So everything is okay, I guess. lol

CHC

I am out of the loop. Why didn't he run again?

You mean in 2016? Basically because he didn't want to. If you watch the documentary on him, Mitt, it's actually very humanizing and is really one of the best glimpses into how exhausting and awful campaign life is. It really took it out of him.

Yeah he's bragging about being able to sexually assault women, because he can. It's not the naughty P word that has people upset. Surely you see this?

He's bragged about using his fame to sleep with women before, you know that right? And you're surely aware of the many many testimonies of women accusing him of sexual assault?

This news isn't revalatory, this isnt some secret new side Trump. He just didn't say "grab them by the pussy" before.

Hylian7

I don't completely get why this is the thing that people are treating like a bigger deal than any of the other fifty krabillion fucked up things he has said. He has advocated war crimes, called people from a country rapists, had a video clip spread around about how he would date his daughter, advocated assassinating his opponent, advocated beating people up at his rallies, other awful comments about women, and a laundry list more. I'm not complaining here, as I'm glad this does him in, and he loses to a woman like another poster said. I'm just curious what it is about this that separates it from everything else, or is it just a last straw type of thing?

Loxley

I am out of the loop. Why didn't he run again? I think he would have this in the bag.

Running for president takes a lot of energy (and money), and he'd already ran for president twice. He probably just had enough of the whole circus. Plus I think he also just wanted to spend more time with his grandchildren.

Forearms

He's bragged about using his fame to sleep with women before, you know that right? And you're surely aware of the many many testimonies of women accusing him of sexual assault?

This news isn't revalatory, this isnt some secret new side Trump. He just didn't say "grab them by the pussy" before.

Mind sharing your source with video and audio of these previous statements? Perhaps this is different as there is irrefutable evidence vs what somone else heard him say?

BigDug13

I don't completely get why this is the thing that people are treating like a bigger deal than any of the other fifty krabillion fucked up things he has said. He has advocated war crimes, called people from a country rapists, had a video clip spread around about how he would date his daughter, advocated assassinating his opponent, advocated beating people up at his rallies, other awful comments about women, and a laundry list more. I'm not complaining here, as I'm glad this does him in, and he loses to a woman like another poster said. I'm just curious what it is about this that separates it from everything else, or is it just a last straw type of thing?

It's a last straw type of thing plus this is video evidence of Trump admitting to sexually assaulting women.

haha what? this isn't about him saying naughty words, it's about Trump saying he's rich and can sexually assualt women and grab them by the pussy.

This is different because he's bragging about sexually assaulting women because of his status... stop listening to anyone trying to make it less than that (e.g. Trump surrogates). The word pussy is not the problem here.

He's advocated this before, though. I get that you guys aren't aware of this, nobody really talked about it much or listened to victims, because they couldn't run a clip of Trump saying "grab them by the pussy". It became further background noise that amounted to one Trump anecdote amongst hundreds.

border

I see a lot of people talking about this sinking him, have there been new polls or reports since this happened backing that up?

The reason a secret recording is so incredibly damaging is because people will interpret it to be your true character. How you act when you think nobody is listening is who you are. The guy can get on TV and claim "That's not the real me" but nobody is going to believe that shit.

Romney's 47% comments were a secret recording as well, and he never recovered from it.

Yes getting up to speed on this. Pretty shocking. Why didn't this come out during the primary? Surely it would have sunk him.

The genesis of this tape is in Clinton pushing the Alicia Machado allegations. Those, and Trump's return fire, inspired an AP article about Trump's behind the scenes behavior on The Apprentice, which in turn gave NBC the idea to go look in the vault for anything they might have from their tabloid show.

This never came up in the primary because no one in the Republican Party really wanted to press on his disgusting sexist behavior with the exception of Cruz, and Cruz was only interested once Trump went after his wife and then only approached it from "talking about my wife is off-limits".

I have no idea why people in this thread, and some Republican politicians, think Trump can withdraw and they can put someone else on the ballot. That ship has sailed - if he withdraws then they just forfeit having a Presidential candidate this election unless I'm 100% utterly mistaken. Nobody else was nominated, nobody else has been properly vetted, and nobody else is on the ballot in any state or will be. I guess they could do a write in campaign but good luck with that. They're stuck with that vile piece of shit and I say good.

Honestly, at this point, I think everyone doing that is just trying to save themselves. They know this is impossible, but they have to signal that they still support the party even if they can't support the candidate. Thus, they call on him to step aside, and if someone actually points out that that is not an option, then they can lament that and go with "please vote down ticket but don't vote for Trump". They have to signal that they support the party to the end, so they have to push for a way, even an unrealistic/impossible one, by which the party can be saved.

BigDug13

He's advocated this before, though. I get that you guys aren't aware of this, nobody really talked about it much or listened to victims, because they couldn't run a clip of Trump saying "grab them by the pussy". It became further background noise that amounted to one Trump anecdote amongst hundreds.

Surely you see how video evidence changes things in our society? Ray Rice got suspended for a couple games for domestic violence but as soon as the tape of it leaked, he got suspended indefinitely. That's quite a swing for a tape that supposedly the NFL already had in their possesion.

It's about perception, and you can't hide or really spin the perception that a video creates.

Seeing people on my friendslist defend this is hilarious. They'll mow down Hillary over emails but talk about how okay this is.
"It's just how guys talk" (a girl said this)
"Those people on CNN act like they're angels"
Hooboy

It's nice to see deplorable people outing themselves.

Caja 117

Because all of the other stuff was either against minorities, or could be spin making it look like he was been ambiguous, but now he is caught on tape basically gloating about sexual assault, there is no spin on this or an /s at the end, this is the evidene showing what we already knew about him baed on how he has talked about woman before dancing around words to not seen like a what he really is.

border

"in the eleven year old video released yesterday"

Why even mention the age of the video? Does Pence really think that will persuade anyone?

They really cannot help themselves. Yes, this is terrible but it was like 10 years ago!

I hate that argument that everyone talks that way. Same thing they try to say to downplay racist commentary. No, not all men talk like that, and even if they did, that doesn't make it fine. The president should serve as an example. He or she should at least try to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom