• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
JO8ZtW7.gif

You gotta admit, no one would be stepping up for Romney or McCain like this. Trump has endeared himself to his followers better than anyone I've seen in a long time.

Romney and McCain would have fallen on their own swords by now.

Or more to the point, they would have recalled these kinds of skeletons were in their closet and never run in the first place.

It seriously frustrating that all these Republicans keep saying they won't vote for Hillary. You know you are, stop lying. Otherwise you will vote for Trump and just tell us all you didn't.

I didn't give enough context in that Nate Silver quote, the thesis statement is basically that Trump is fucked. His point was not at all that the race is still close and he even says there's no point taking a "wait and see" approach with regards to how the tape scandal will change the polls.

Well, I'll give him (very) small props for at least mentioning Central Park Five, Khan, etc.
Same. His military background made the Khan reference understandable if not expected, but this is probably the first Republican I've seen on the national stage call Trump out on the Central Park Five.

Tiny kudo points where they are due.

WedgeX

Banned
So assuming that Trump sticks around for another month, and that he has supporters still...is this the moment where the GOP finally splits?

bachikarn

It is pretty clear that people are withdrawing support because everyone else. Either they don't want to look bad, or they realized they have a reasonable out to do it now (and hopefully save face).

GOP mega-donors Robert and Rebekah Mercer, two of the most influential figures in Trump's orbit, said Saturday that their support for the GOP nominee has not faltered in the slightest after a tape revealed crude remarks he made about women a decade ago.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yay for McCain withdrawing support, but this 'owed him deference due to the majority vote' strikes me as him desperately scrabbling for a rationale that wouldn't make him look bad.

Still, better that more dominos fall instead of less, even if it is due to attempt to abandon ship to save their own political careers.

I think a lot of Republicans that have secretly loathed Trump are viewing this as a golden opportunity to wash their hands of Trump without making their base angry.

zelas

Still spineless and a jackass for a lot of things he pulled,but good for him.

Nah, he deserves no props. Of all people, nobody who was single out by Trump's attacks should have been siding with him. He's only turning around now because the Republican ship is sinking.

I can't even imagine how unhinged he'd be.

Down on the sidewalk to wave to the supporters. They're talking about it on CNN.

That orange fuck is gonna ramble like he has never rambled before. It will be beautiful to see him implode.

And on a different note, I wonder what the Trump supporters who were on GAF are thinking right now. Probably that they are lucky they aren't on so they don't look like goofs because of this.

It is pretty clear that people are withdrawing support because everyone else. Either they don't want to look bad, or they realized they have a reasonable out to do it now (and hopefully save face).

Yep, people just following the flock...they should have dumped his ass months ago

iammeiam

Differences with McCain aside, I'll give him credit where credit is due. This was the correct thing to do and McCain didn't mince words about it either.

I really want to know what the hell happened to him this election cycle. Back in 2008, he was willing to endure boos from his own supporters to maintain that Obama was a decent person deserving of respect. How the hell do you go from that to willing to stomach so much of Trump's garbage? The behind the scenes of this has to be fascinating.

WedgeX

Banned
The hilarious part is that it doesn't matter. The Trump campaign isn't spending any money on ads or ground game. Let his "donors" remain, what does that even mean in practical terms?

People who are funneling money back to Trump's family so that they gain more personal wealth while hoping his presidency helps them.

Empty

if even late career, reputation trampled all over, mccain is done with trump then this story is genuinely incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom