• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like your rage has no roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like Killary is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what oppression is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like hatred's what you wanna do

I didn't know they had a jingle!

So is this one of the biggest "October surprises" ever? Have there been any other that not only have damaged the candidate a lot but have fractured the party like this?

And apparently it's not even over yet. Because there is even more disgusting stuff on the way. It's going to get even crazier. Count on it.

Fair enough, I agree. It's just difficult to gauge the authenticity of their motivations at this point

Let's be real the only reason this gained traction is because while these people might not know any Mexicans, Blacks, Muslims. Many of them have daughters or wives, so they can't separate themselves from this nearly as well. That and this is clear audio

mo60

So is this one of the biggest "October surprises" ever? Have there been any other that not only have damaged the candidate a lot but have fractured the party like this?

This is a part of the october surprise. I wouldn't describe it as the biggest october surprise yet until the other parts of the surprise happen/

Only a matter of time before they stop supporting him, too.

I really don't see the MAGA hat wearing crowd ditching this guy. They're so deep in their bubble that they probably thought he won the debate last week. The fact of the matter is that unless there's a Penguin style video of him talking about what a bunch of fools his supporters are, they will be voting for him and by the millions. Even if there was such a video they would rationalize it away as a liberal conspiracy or a fake tape that was made with lamestream media computers.

chadskin

Reince Priebus was scheduled to appear on Face The Nation tomorrow but has been replaced by Giuliani:
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus was originally booked to appear on the broadcast, but the Trump campaign and the RNC contacted Face the Nation late Saturday to inform us that Priebus’ appearance was called off, and that Giuliani would be appearing instead. According to an RNC official, the Trump campaign “wanted a campaign person” to appear on the broadcast.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sunday-...iversity/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab8f&linkId=29718454

Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like your rage has no roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like Killary is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what oppression is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like hatred's what you wanna do
giphy.gif

Krejlooc

Banned
Why did Trump reveal so much deeply personal to this Howard Stern guy though ?

It strikes me as really dumb to voluntarily scandalize one's self like that.Even back then when he wasnt running president.

Honestly - Stern is great at interviewing people. He gets them comfortable and they start talking. Plenty of people have gotten in trouble for being too loose on the Howard Stern show.

CHC

Honestly - Stern is great at interviewing people. He gets them comfortable and they start talking. Plenty of people have gotten in trouble for being too loose on the Howard Stern show.

New York Times had a really good article about the "new" Stern
and how much he's changed. They mention his outstanding interviews. The short version is that the interview is an hour long, most celebrity's have about 10 - 15 minutes of script. There's nowhere to hide.

It's a good read.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
And to think, this may not even be the worst of it.

I think the rest of the GOP know that this is only going to get worse now and have signalled the big Red Alert button.

Trump is going to try to go "yuge" tomorrow with his attacks on Clinton. He's going to try to make it all about Bill, and how bad the Clintons are etc. I wont be shocked if he tries to accuse Hillary of cheating etc too. The problem is he's going to be swinging at air, while Clinton waits for the perfect moment to press the trap door.

Trump only has one out, and even then, it's damage mitigation. He has to use contrition and try to say he's a changed person since he decided to run for office. Of course Clinton can use pretty much his entire campaign against him, but at least if he sounds half genuine he can paint Clinton as being mean and ignoring an honest attempt to draw a line and move forward.

Instead, we all know what's going to happen. He's going to go full Trump, and in his head, fighting accusations of sexism and a lack of respect for women means that he has to respond in a completely disrespectful way towards Clinton and other women. He'll say that anyone saying he has been sexist are lying, he's the least sexist person ever and his actions just show how his involvement with women is just empowering them to be awesome, like him.

This campaign may be over by Monday morning if he goes full Trump. There's very little now to stop him, especially if Pence has effectively told him that he's done with him this weekend, and Conway, his current moderating force has went "Fuck this shit", leaving the lunatics again to run the asylum.

This debate is going to be fun.

TheContact

Listening to the Stern slip, Trump is clearly a bit uncomfortable with Stern talk about Ivanka like that and quickly brushes off his comment to speak of her accomplishments. There are many reasons to skewer trump, but this is not one of them.

Yea. Only trump gets to sexualize his daughter.

mjp2417

Banned

I'd say yes, but if rumors are true this one might feel tame and quaint by election time

TaterTots

Banned
Maybe its uncommon on GAF or something, but a lot of guys talk like this in private. A presidential nominee though? Fuckin lol. Dude has way too much shit under the rug to even sweep.

She will probably leave silently with little fanfare. I don't think she wants to be attached to this any more. I'm sure shes looking for an exit strategy.

I wonder if her legacy is ruined now. . of course it is Donald but geez she is at the steering wheel of this car wreck

@RyanLizza

Kellyanne Conway tells me she is NOT resigning. "That is silly," she texts. (There was speculation after she canceled tv appearance on Fox.)

Maybe its uncommon on GAF or something, but a lot of guys talk like this in private. A presidential nominee though? Fuckin lol. Dude has way too much shit under the rug to even sweep.

A lot of people that commit sexual assault and/or rape talk like this.

I have never once implied I would do something sexual without the consent of someone. And I would probably end up in their face confronting someone that would even talk like this with me.

Dude get the fuck out of here.

I think the two main differences between this and locker room talk are:

1. Most people don't mention how they like to rape women after saying how hot they are
2. Most people don't have the background and history of allegations to give these claims any credit

If you or any of your friends actually say stuff like this, you're a piece of shit.

I'm reminded of the room in Halo 2 where the Covenant are slaughtering one another in a civil war while Breaking Benjamin is shredding it in the background.

I've heard a lot of "blue" talk in my life. I've never once heard someone advocate for sexually assaulting a woman. Stop with this bullshit.

again. no they don't talk about violating consent.

there is uncouth comments, but you need to tell your friends they're being rapists if they talk about touching and grabbing women without their consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom