• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Does he strike you as possessing sound judgment?
He's probably never before faced the kind of scrutiny that requires such concern. Let's be clear, Trump has had an easy life. He's probably so used to getting his way with cash and self-aggrandizement that foresight about his personal life was never a real concern.

Garlador

Listening to the Stern slip, Trump is clearly a bit uncomfortable with Stern talk about Ivanka like that and quickly brushes off his comment to speak of her accomplishments. There are many reasons to skewer trump, but this is not one of them.

What? If someone asked me if they could call MY daughter a "piece of ass", I don't care what the environment is like, I'd shut that down.

I wouldn't say "OKAY". That's utterly INSANE.

... and then you HAVE to factor in all the things he's said, unprovoked, about her body and his attraction to her.

Oriel

EVERY GOP Senator has now withdrawn support for Trump. Wow! Is there any sort of precedent for this in modern times?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Why did Trump reveal so much deeply personal to this Howard Stern guy though ?

It strikes me as really dumb to voluntarily scandalize one's self like that.Even back then when he wasnt running president.
A few things:
1) Donald Trump's reputation has ALWAYS been sleazy. Like seriously, even when he was a "democrat" children's cartoons mocked him for being tacky and boorish. That was his schtick.
2) Howard Stern had a huge audience and he basically built himself an empire of being the posterboy of railing against 90s PC culture. Everyone gets kinda gross and raunchy on his show. That's the whole point.
3) He never thought he was going to get nominated. He ran the first time as a negotiation tactic with NBC. He tried it again and miscalculated. Now he's just been improvising.

CuSH0spUIAQVOeT.jpg:large

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Listening to the Stern slip, Trump is clearly a bit uncomfortable with Stern talk about Ivanka like that and quickly brushes off his comment to speak of her accomplishments. There are many reasons to skewer trump, but this is not one of them.
Stern is known to bait people. Discussed heavily in the politico article.

However, if Obama said anything remotely close to this on tape they would be looking to impeach him. Trump doesn't get a pass here.

EVERY GOP Senator has now withdrawn support for Trump. Wow! Is there any sort of precedent for this in modern times?
Since when? Link?

Window

She can be awful at times, but I think she still has principles. I can see her leaving.
I find it hard to believe that anyone leaving at this stage is doing so because of principles (unless those principles only consist of preservation their careers)

You might have been able to convince me of that were it not for, you know, the other million comments from Trump, including ones about his daughter and what he has said about her appearance; e.g., if she weren't his daughter they might be dating.

Now I don't know if he is "giving Stern permission" to call her a piece of ass, as many reports on this describe, but I don't hear the discomfort you're referring to.

Trump has bad wiring. He's the dirty old man who lusts for his daughter and he has serious problems with the way he thinks about women.

kevin1025

Banned
I find it hard to believe that anyone leaving at this stage is doing so because of principles (unless those principles only consist of preservation their careers)

You're right, everything at this point has been gross. But everyone (even questionable people) have their breaking point.

Bossking

Banned
The fucked up thing about the Donald Trump/Stern bit is that even if the "obligation to sleep with him" part is a misquote, he still says immediately after that he would go backstage while the girls are undressing since he was the owner and could use the "just inspecting" excuse. And he openly said that he did it just to scope out the ladies.

That's still pretty fucking sleazy.

riotous

Banned
The fucked up thing about the Donald Trump/Stern bit is that even if the "obligation to sleep with him" part is a misquote, he still says immediately after that he would go backstage while the girls are undressing since he was the owner and could use the "just inspecting" excuse. And he openly said that he did it just to scope out the ladies.

Yeah I thought the same; the most disturbing part of the Stern interviews.

Oersted

It strikes me as really dumb to voluntarily scandalize one's self like that.Even back then when he wasnt running president.

We are talking about a guy who openly brags about assaulting women, receives cheers and gets women pushed into his arms.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed

Agreed. Worse than a sleezy joke.

Kibbles

Look up any Howard Stern interview tbh, Howard gets everyone talking

Good luck with that. A lot of people have turned against him.

Trump still has a ton of angry Republican voters backing him. It's one of the reasons why the GOP waited forever to leave him. He just has to convince his fanatical voters to not vote for GOP politicians at all or to vote for their opponents and it can really fuck them over.

kevin1025

Banned
You give her too much credit. I'd wager it's more about her future job prospects than any kind of principled stand. Anyone with principles wouldn't have been a surrogate for him in the first place.

Haha, true, true. I'll definitely concede to that.

Fair enough, I agree. It's just difficult to gauge the authenticity of their motivations at this point

Absolutely. Definitely no way of knowing how far someone will sink for this guy.

So is this one of the biggest "October surprises" ever? Have there been any other that not only have damaged the candidate a lot but have fractured the party like this?

Trump still has a ton of angry Republican voters backing him. It's one of the reasons why the GOP waited forever to leave him. He just has to convince his fanatical voters to not vote for GOP politicians at all or to vote for their opponents and it can really fuck them over.

Only a matter of time before they stop supporting him too, especially if there happens to be more dirt coming out on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom