• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
His percentage of the women's vote was so low before this scandal. This one just laid the hammer down. It's totally done for the Don. What a wild ride.

Nightly news!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
How many October Surprises can one man have? Good lord

Can someone who works in TV tell me if its normal to be recording from worn mics on a bus like that? That's what this is right?

It was for a soap opera, presumably shot in the three-camera style. It was the main way of recording dialogue back in my studio production class last semester, which used the same camera set-up.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What I was referring to was the "shit she's hot" and "I'm gonna eat a tic tac" bits. That's akin to us saying "tig old bitties" and "watch... I'm gonna make her laugh." My bad for not giving this more attention, but there's been such a thirst for "gotcha!" shit with public figures for so long that it's getting old. That, and we were listening to a Jim Norton standup at work where he talked about the "fake outrage" over Paula Deen when that was going on and I was (incorrectly) drawing parallels.

Understandable. I was mostly thinking it wasn't a huge deal before that line too. Seemed like more of the same womanizing stuff he's been saying that'll add nicely to the attack ads, but not reveal much of anything.

And then it got rapey.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
You mean the candidate that is already struggling big time with educated women, and already had huge unfavorables, and has been sliding bigly in the polls since the last debate? AND he has another debate on Sunday. Bruh, stick a fork in him.

1. I agree with you!

2. The point that all of the above was NOT enough to get Paul Ryan and the GOP to walk away from him is the long term issue here. This cannot, must not be forgotten.

Elandyll

Banned
I can totally see him thinking that he is going to have to go hard on Lewinski, Bill infidelities and Hillary's alleged "hard" treatment of mistresses in order to make it look like Hillary is doing a "You too" when she starts hitting him.

It's going to backfire so hard if he goes that way ...

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Nothing surprises me any more. If Trump rushed Clinton at the town hall on Sunday and bit off her ear, I'd say "of course he did that."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
UThBDEw.jpg

Lol Corey is saying Hilary hasn't released her transcripts from the bank speeches, and maybe Hillary said something similar and that's why she won't release em lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
Corey: "This is not how women should be spoken about."

Well damn
And he immediately started defending it right after that.

And now he's trying to claim Hillary Clinton probably made equally offensive statements in her Wall Street speeches.

The guy is pure scum.

4Tran

I get the feeling that this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Trump's previous scandals have hurt him to a degree, but none of them are as bad as this one. There are three aspects that are uniquely bad about this one. First, it's sexy and there's an audio clip so it's going to stick around for multiple news cycles. Next, it invites the kind of scrutiny that Trump can't combat, and it's coming at a terrible time. Finally, it threatens to pick away at Trump's support among evangelicals. This group is already holding their noses to vote for him, and they tend to treat vulgarity with extreme hostility.

At the very least, it's going to make for an amazing debate.

Is this Trumps "Binders full of women" moment? Or is this his "47%" moment?
It's probably worse than both of them put together.

border

Corey Lewandowski on CNN right now: "Not to change the subject, but we still don't know what Hillary Clinton said in those speeches to Wall Street. She still won't release the transcripts."

Wow, this guy could teach a class on grasping at straws.

cordy

Banned
Trump makes Suge Knight look like Will Smith.

I want to see video of him dog fighting before some other Republican comes to break it up saying "Yall act like you're on some vacation while I got (insert Republican) in the next room just grinding man, working and yall in here-"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Can someone who works in TV tell me if its normal to be recording from worn mics on a bus like that? That's what this is right?
Since the plan was obviously to start recording as they got off the bus, yes, of course they'd be miked up already. Now, it's a little less odd that the mic packs were on so far ahead, instead of having someone on the bus switch them on just before they exited.

BLACKLAC

Can't believe I'm saying this but... This may have killed Trump.

He was already going to lose but Dems now have a legit shot at the house.

I have to believe that any straight dude isn't surprised nor offended by this. Literally every one of them I've known (myself included) has spoken about women during private conversation in a similar objectified manner -- only more vulgar than what's recorded here. Sure none of us have been rich/famous so the specifics are different but the sentiment is the same. Hell, I doubt that Obama abstained from any and all guy talk during his eight years in office, and if he did the man is a saint.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is a scumbag, but stuff like this doesn't shape my opinion of him. And it was ten years ago ffs.

Edit... addition from later post for y'all that are just going to read over it: K. Maybe I didn't catch the straight up rapey bits. I was listening whilst making dinner.

I'm not offended. I'm just a straight dude who doesn't see women as objects. It's pretty simple.

<------- Now there's the door, get the hell out.

I don't get what you guys are happy about the rumors of the GOP dropping Trump.

I take this as bad news because they can replace him with a Fresh Face that can win in November

I don't want a Fresh Face, I want Trump to lose in November 8 legit

Fat4all

Banned
Lol Corey is saying Hilary hasn't released her transcripts from the bank speeches, and maybe Hillary said something similar and that's why she won't release em lol

I can just picture her giving a speech.

"Grab them by the dick. That's your dick now, and they can't say no because you're powerful."

Prologue

I take this as bad news because they can replace him with a Fresh Face that can win in November

Too little time to even build up a base.

jett

D-Member
Sadly I doubt anything will dissuade his base. Nothing's gonna keep him from getting over 40% of the vote.

FStop7

Banned

I don't think he can be dropped, can he? It's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom