• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilo

Maybe its uncommon on GAF or something, but a lot of guys talk like this in private. A presidential nominee though? Fuckin lol. Dude has way too much shit under the rug to even sweep.

Only completely disgusting men talk like this in private. I, and nobody that I would ever call a friend, has ever had a discussion that involved us gloating about sexually assaulting women.

Azzanadra

I am going to assume this won't effect him in the slightest. He has said far worse shit and has gotten away with it, I am surprised this is the thing that will sink him it it does, because right now while it seems like a big deal, I think it will amount to a whole lot of nothing.

If you or any of your friends actually say stuff like this, you're a piece of shit.

Yeah uh... I mean, it's all I've heard the past few days-- it's the only "defense" I've seen. "Oh, people say stuff like that all the time." Yes, and there's more pieces of shit out there than just Trump. I'm no saint, but I've never said anything that terrible. It's like people are completely and utterly failing to actually understand what he said. This isn't just lame, obnoxious, stupid things... it's downright offensive and he means it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Maybe its uncommon on GAF or something, but a lot of guys talk like this in private. A presidential nominee though? Fuckin lol. Dude has way too much shit under the rug to even sweep.
If I heard "grab her by the pussy" in a circle of guy friends, that would be the moment I'd look at my other friends with a frown like "wtf? Gross."

TaterTots

Banned
I think the two main differences between this and locker room talk are:

1. Most people don't mention how they like to rape women after saying how hot they are
2. Most people don't have the background and history of allegations to give these claims any credit

If you or any of your friends actually say stuff like this, you're a piece of shit.

Rape? I'm gonna have to re-read the OP. It read as the typical, "I'd fuck her" stuff people say in private. I missed the part about him saying he'd do it anyway without their consent. My bad.

.JayZii

Banned
What does "move on her like a bitch" mean? Like he lowered himself to try to get with her or treated her like a dog?
I'm not sure if he or the woman is supposed to be the bitch in his quote. He could be the bitch because he failed to sleep with her, or it could be what you said.

I am going to assume this won't effect him in the slightest. He has said far worse shit and has gotten away with it, I am surprised this is the thing that will sink him it it does, because right now while it seems like a big deal, I think it will amount to a whole lot of nothing.

Republican congressmen and women are publicly dropping support and influencing their states.

This is big. They want him out. They never wanted him out before.

Skatterd

It's already sinking him.

Snaku

Banned

I'm officially fucking done with false equivalencies this election.

Only completely disgusting men talk like this in private. I, and nobody that I would ever call a friend, has ever had a discussion that involved us gloating about sexually assaulting women.

I heard it in high school, from 16 year old athletes who said stupid shit 24 hours a day (yes, even in their sleep). I like to think none of those dudes are still saying that shit today, though.

A random thought, but seems to fit the general theme of the thread:

I really hope the Democrats run a 2-tier campaign for all the down ticket races. One tier is the normal "the Republican candidate and the GOP are the enablers of Trump" attack ads. The second is directed at Trump's supporters; "Remember that the Republican candidate and the GOP turned their back on Trump, and you".

As worrying as a (mostly) temporary one-party state is, the GOP needs to be scoured to the bedrock and rebuilt into something at least moderately sane.

Sunday should be interesting. I won't say fun as the first debate was really hard to stomach, let alone watch.

Are you for real? What the hell kind of a comment is this?

Not all men think about sex (or rape, as that's vile).

Mahonay

Banned
The GOP at large is jumping ship already, so it's 100% affecting him.

Rape? I'm gonna have to re-read the OP. It read as the typical, "I'd fuck her" stuff people say in private. I missed the part about him saying he'd do it anyway without their consent. My bad.
Most people do misread it, which is why I bothered to clarify in all honesty. He talks about how he just starts grabbing women, and that he's too famous for them to say no. He also has a history of abusing women in the work place, and that's the least scandalous of the allegations against him.

I can see a bunch of guys talking about how they want to get a girl back to their apartment and then grab them by the pussy or whatever, but in that case I think it's assumed that the woman was willing and not like abducted or something.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
What does "move on her like a bitch" mean? Like he lowered himself to try to get with her or treated her like a dog?
You made the classic mistake of expecting Trump to actually form a cogent sentence.

Nearly everything he says doesn't make any sense with an ounce of analysis and this is no different. I guess he meant to try to say that as a way of de-humanising the girl in question. Because she is no more than a "bitch" it's ok to do what you what, after all, Trump is a billionaire so is better than these "bitches" by default. Instead it just scans weirdly.

It's a good indication of his character though. Anyone who isn't him is just a plaything for his game that is his life.

He literally says that he can do anything because of his money-- including just grabbing a girl by the vagina. It's implied sexual harassment. It suggests that he has did these things before. "Just grab 'em by the pussy." Let me translate: just grab them, consent be damned, I'm rich, I just do it. How is that not implied sexual assault? His comments aren't "typical" random things that are commonly said.

I hope hillary flat out accuses trump of sexual assault/harrasment on the debate. That would be crazy

Did he commit assault? He specifically said women would be "willing" to let him grab their "pussies."

He's disgusting but she has to be careful not to exaggerate the claim

Red

I've heard a lot of "blue" talk in my life. I've never once heard someone advocate for sexually assaulting a woman. Stop with this bullshit.
Yeah... what exactly are people saying that "they let you do anything, grab them by the pussy" does not sound reprehensible? It's one thing to be lewd, to be suggestive, and to be explicit about sex. It's another to say you have to have tic tacs on hand because you can't stop yourself from kissing beautiful strangers. I can recognize that many people can't make this distinction, but I can't figure out why.
Did he commit assault? He specifically said women would be "willing" to let him grab their "pussies."

He's disgusting but she has to be careful not to exaggerate the claim
He's assuming consent. Imagine someone saying "when they're drunk, they let you do anything." You see?

TaterTots

Banned
If I heard "grab her by the pussy" in a circle of guy friends, that would be the moment I'd look at my other friends with a frown like "wtf? Gross."

I see. I think the part people are leaving out that are responding to me is the, "they'd let you!" part. I can go out to any bar right now and over hear people talking dirty shit about women. Not sure why some people are responding with, "no they don't." Hell, my co-workers who are women were talking about this topic today and about how men are gross with their buddies. I don't get it here sometimes.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Setting aside the sexual assault part, Is it really that common to do it when you're nearing 60 and are married with children?

That's an honest question I'd like to know the answer to. Maybe it's just because I haven't personally run into locker room talk since high school, but by then I would think by then it turns into creepy old man territory.

Azzanadra

Republican congressmen and women are publicly dropping support and influencing their states.

This is big. They want him out. They never wanted him out before.

The alt-right who voted for him in the primaries will vote for him yet again now. They don't care about this.

If they Republican don't support Trump, they are only going to hurt themselves. What led to Trump winning the primary was the idea that the political elite didn't care about the people, he emphasized the divide between the people and their government- the GOPers are essentially fucking over themselves if they refuse to support the guy their voters nominated, it will only deepen that conviction held by those who believe themselves disenfranchised.

So yeah, I hope you're right.This split will be glorious. lethemfight.jpg

I see. I think the part people are leaving out that are responding to me is the, "they'd let you!" part. I can go out to any bar right now and over hear people talking dirty shit about women. Not sure why some people are responding with, "no they don't."
Maybe I'm assuming, but I thought the reason they'd let him would be because they're too intimidated, not that he's that suave.

Again, and he's actually sexually harassed people before.

I see. I think the part people are leaving out that are responding to me is the, "they'd let you!" part. I can go out to any bar right now and over hear people talking dirty shit about women. Not sure why some people are responding with, "no they don't." Hell, my co-workers who are women were talking about this topic today and about how men are gross with their buddies. I don't get it here sometimes.

Ah yes, because these women all have a sign on their forehead reading "grab my pussy."

Are you this dense? They "let" him because he has power, money and influence; they have no control.

Mahonay

Banned
I see. I think the part people are leaving out that are responding to me is the, "they'd let you!" part. I can go out to any bar right now and over hear people talking dirty shit about women. Not sure why some people are responding with, "no they don't."
He's not some random douche at the bar. HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

And for me personally, I don't hang out with anyone who talks this way about women. I hear it once in a while from other people and they sound like sociopaths.

The reporting has been bad in not distinguishing that this is not just "lewd" comments and only prudes should be offended.

It isn't him saying pussy. And bitches. And fuck. And being a vulgar douche.

It's him saying he can do whatever he wants to women and they can't or won't stop him even if they don't want him to, because he's rich and famous.

And it's not just him saying words which some GOP talking heads want to make it out as. These words are describing his actions.

A lot of sexual predators defend themselves that way. "She wanted it", "She was asking for it", etc.

But we are judging him on his words here. We have no evidence he sexually assaulted someone and tried to gloss over it with the language you used. He clearly says they would let him. Hillary has plenty of real substantial ammo here.. there's no need to make assumptions

Izuna

Banned

Honestly, I have heard guys say some disgusting shit, but I've never heard them say such stuff sincerely. I'm 23 and live in "stag-do" England.

Personally, I'm shocked that it's THIS that causes people tho second guess Trump. Not the racism?

What a completely baffling and out of touch post. This is already affecting Donald Trump, Azzanadra. Where have you been in the last 24 hours while he was being inundated by a mountain of un-endorsements?

The alt-right who voted for him in the primaries will vote for him yet again now. They don't care about this.

If they Republican don't support Trump, they are only going to hurt themselves. What led to Trump winning the primary was the idea that the political elite didn't care about the people, he emphasized the divide between the people and their government- the GOPers are essentially fucking over themselves if they refuse to support the guy their voters nominated, it will only deepen that conviction held by those who believe themselves disenfranchised.

So yeah, I hope you're right.This split will be glorious. lethemfight.jpg

Agreed, the alt-right do not care about this. If anything they are going to support him stronger. But the GOP will also have to decide after this if they want the alt-right support or if they need to publicly disown them.

But we are judging him on his words here. We have no evidence he sexually assaulted someone and tried to gloss over it with the language you used. He clearly says they would let him. Hillary has plenty of real substantial ammo here.. there's no need to make assumptions

ARE YOU ACTUALLY ARGUING THAT WE CANNOT JUDGE A MAN BASED ON THE WORDS HE SAID ABOUT ACTIONS HE COMMITTED? He does not ask for consent. He assumes they want it because he is Donald Trump. You trolling me bro?

kevin1025

Banned
The reporting has been bad in not distinguishing that this is not just "lewd" comments and only prudes should be offended.

It isn't him saying pussy. And bitches. And fuck. And being a vulgar douche.

It's him saying he can do whatever he wants to women and they can't or won't stop him even if they don't want him to, because he's rich and famous.

And it's not just him saying words which some GOP talking heads want to make it out as. These words are describing his actions.

Gloria Borger on CNN keeps calling it "predatory", which I appreciate her saying.

Red

He's assuming consent. That's the problem. How can the point be made more clearly? Since when is it unfair to make a value judgment on a person based on the words they say, and the beliefs they hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom