• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strimei

I am going to assume this won't effect him in the slightest. He has said far worse shit and has gotten away with it, I am surprised this is the thing that will sink him it it does, because right now while it seems like a big deal, I think it will amount to a whole lot of nothing.

Have you somehow missed the past 24-36 hours?

The reporting has been bad in not distinguishing that this is not just "lewd" comments and only prudes should be offended.

It isn't him saying pussy. And bitches. And fuck. And being a vulgar douche.

It's him saying he can do whatever he wants to women and they can't or won't stop him even if they don't want him to, because he's rich and famous.

And it's not just him saying words which some GOP talking heads want to make it out as. These words are describing his actions.
Yeah, that last part in particular I think might be the most important of all. Like he's not just some terrible pervert, but rather bragging about the horrible things he's already done.

Maybe I'm assuming, but I thought the reason they'd let him would be because they're too intimidated, not that he's that suave.

Ah yes, because these women all have a sign on their forehead reading "grab my pussy."

Are you this dense? They "let" him because he has power, money and influence; they have no control.

Also, do some reading up on what can happen to a woman's psychology when they are sexually harassed, assaulted, or raped.

A lot of victims "freeze up". They aren't "fighting back" because they can't, not because they 'don't want it'. This is often used by the legal system to dismiss rape cases.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe its uncommon on GAF or something, but a lot of guys talk like this in private. A presidential nominee though? Fuckin lol. Dude has way too much shit under the rug to even sweep.

speak for yourself. There's a fucking chasm between laddish banter and what Trump said.

I think the whole "but was he really talking about sexual assault?" argument falls apart when you consider the fact that women are coming out with stories that have very specific and relevant details.

Since the recording was published, CNN anchor Erin Burnett said her friend had experienced the same behavior from Trump.

“That’s exactly what Trump did to me,” Burnett said, quoting her friend. “Trump took Tic Tacs, suggested that I take them also. He then leaned in … catching me off guard and kissed me almost on the lips. I was really freaked out.”

http://qz.com/804486/the-women-whove-accused-donald-trump-of-sexual-assault/

chadskin

Ha.

CuScWNcWcAAXabW.jpg

Strimei

Also, do some reading up on what can happen to a woman's psychology when they are sexually harassed, assaulted, or raped.

A lot of victims "freeze up". They aren't "fighting back" because they can't, not because they 'don't want it'. This is often used by the legal system to dismiss rape cases.

Yup. My mother talked a bit about an assault that happened to her when she was a teen. My mother is a spitfire, take-no-shit sort of person, always has been, and she froze up then too.

So she "let" the guy assault her because she was just so shocked. Going by how some of these people are explaining away Trump's words, I guess my mother actually wanted that sicko to assault her.

Fuck you people defending him and explaining it away.

shiba5

I hope when Trump starts babbling about Bill during the Town Hall that Anderson yells, "No!" and squirts him in the face with water. Like a bad dog.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Maybe its uncommon on GAF or something, but a lot of guys talk like this in private. A presidential nominee though? Fuckin lol. Dude has way too much shit under the rug to even sweep.
No....we don't. Talking about rape is not something that normal guys do in private, sorry, if anything, the people who say shit like "This is just the way dudes talk" are seriously implying that this is what they do.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The reporting has been bad in not distinguishing that this is not just "lewd" comments and only prudes should be offended.

It's him saying he can do whatever he wants to women and they can't or won't stop him even if they don't want him to, because he's rich and famous.

And it's not just him saying words which some GOP talking heads want to make it out as. These words are describing his actions.
I agree.

As a mod can you maybe edit the thread title and replace the lewd part with something like "bragging about how he uses his status to sexually assault women"? We still have people coming in this thread wondering "what's the big deal, guys always talk like that" o_O

TaterTots

Banned
He's not some random douche at the bar. HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

And for me personally, I don't hang out with anyone who talks this way about women. I hear it once in a while from other people and they sound like sociopaths.

This was the point of my initial post with the, "too much shit under the rug to sweep" part. Also, I'll be honest. I've had friends that would talk about what they'd like to do to an attractive woman. At my age now it is uncomfortable and I don't even know how to reply anymore. I work in retail and you wouldn't believe what I hear from the customers having conversations among themselves. I hear similar shit all the time, but someone saying they can do what they want because their famous and the woman would let them due to them being famous is something else.

Lime

Lol that this would be beyond the pale

Not the Mexicans are rapists
Not the black people are dangerous
Not the nuclear threats
Not the willingness to kill middle eastern civilians
Not the abilist performances
Not the god awful rhetoric

But when it comes to the excicit sexist treatment of white women, things will not stand. (Except for abortion laws and owning women's bodies)

Fuck the GOP and fuck anyone thinking that this is now the worst thing he has said

Red

This was the point of my initial post with the, "too much shit under the rug to sweep" part. Also, I'll be honest. I've had friends that would talk about what they'd like to do to an attractive woman. At my age now it is uncomfortable and I don't even know how to reply anymore. I work in retail and you wouldn't believe what I hear from the customers having conversations among themselves. I hear similar shit all the time, but someone saying they can do what they want because their famous and the woman would let them due to them being famous is something else.
"The things I'd do to her..." is not nearly as bad as "she'd let me do these things to her..." They might both be creepy, but only one of them assumes she will not object, and invites direct action.

But we are judging him on his words here. We have no evidence he sexually assaulted someone and tried to gloss over it with the language you used. He clearly says they would let him. Hillary has plenty of real substantial ammo here.. there's no need to make assumptions

I'm well past the point of giving this bloviating shitbag the benefit of the doubt.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
"This is just the way guys talk" reveals a lot about the person saying it.
Absolutely.

The bombshell Donald Trump video that surfaced Friday has so dramatically altered expectations for Sunday’s town hall debate that one Democrat close to Bill and Hillary Clinton had a new view of what may unfold in St. Louis: “Expect Armageddon.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/clinton-team-girds-for-all-out-assault-229388#ixzz4MXtr2uxH

Hillary is setting up the Spirit Bomb...
I'm so fucking ready...she already had the premonition to say this based on all the other dumbass shit he's said.
12113083_10-hillary-clinton-moments-from-the-debate_tea12431f.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
You know throughout my life i've always held the opinion that i'd like my president to be a heck of a lot smarter and more charitable than me, but apparently there are a number of people that are literally dumber than dogshit that can't recognize that. Fuck those fucking pieces of shit. Trump supporters are vile.

Punjicide

That's thing that disappoints me the most about all of this. It seems like even some of the media that's slamming him is really only doing it for his vulgar language rather than him saying he can sexually assault women with no consequences.

Corpekata

Banned
You mean you guys don't talk to your bros in the locker room about talking random married pursuits furniture shopping, how your celebrity status means you can get away with anything, and grabbing women by the pussy?

Bunch of prudes.

Like I don't get how anyone can even defend this as relateable given the absurd circumstances his life is, even outside of the general nastiness.

Carnby

Seriously, I do not talk this way in private or with my friends. Its immature and disgusting behavior that typically only human trash participate in.

shiba5

Jon Voight looking like a damn idiot. No one gives a shit about the words. Every one of these motherfuckers talking about the "words" are dismissing the real problem - that Trump used his fame to sexually assault women. Fuck every last one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom