• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to get murdered because he's attached to this shithole campaign.
That's why his campaign is having a meltdown yeah?

So we're officially down to 1 electable candidate, vote Hillary or stay home and pout. Great system we have here. Hopefully this disaster of an election pushes for more reform, but given how quickly it's forgotten I'm feeling pessimistic.
I don't understand how this is the system's fault. Johnson and Stein are shit picks too regardless of the fact that third parties can't really win.

Somnid

So we're officially down to 1 electable candidate, vote Hillary or stay home and pout. Great system we have here. Hopefully this disaster of an election pushes for more reform, but given how quickly it's forgotten I'm feeling pessimistic.

wbEMX

This probably has been posted a billion times by now, but the US Twitter account for Tic Tacs has posted this in reference to the Trump video.

mIZkWqk.jpg

This is fucking amazing.

RPGCrazied

This probably has been posted a billion times by now, but the US Twitter account for Tic Tacs has posted this in reference to the Trump video.

mIZkWqk.jpg

This is fucking amazing.

Super old. :p But yeah, those candy companies sure don't like don the con.

Pryce

What's up with these people acting like everyone brags about sexually assaulting people? It happens because people are horrible, but if you hear that shit everyday you need to meet new people.

(Response to Voight tweet)

Servbot24

Banned

On the bright side, the one candidate we do have is highly qualified. But yes, serious actions need to be taken by the GOP.

What's up with these people acting like everyone brags about sexually assaulting people? It happens because people are horrible, but if you here that shit everyday you need to meet new people.

(Response to Voight tweet)

Shitty misogynistic people tend to have shitty misogynistic friends

Third parties can't win so no decent candidate runs on a third party ticket.
Then shouldn't a decent candidate have been able to do better than Trump in the GOP? Again, the problem isn't the system in this case, it's that Fox News and the GOP created a monster they can't control. Your comment seems like an excuse to stick in a "smh this system" with no relation to this news.

Meanwhile, the fallout from this may result in the GOP having to seriously rebrand in the next four years (like they did in the past), which is basically the same as allowing a new party to be on the national stage.

Ekai

Maybe its uncommon on GAF or something, but a lot of guys talk like this in private. A presidential nominee though? Fuckin lol. Dude has way too much shit under the rug to even sweep.

Defense of sexual assault? Just....no....no. No.
Bragging about sexual assault is disgusting as all get out. And that's putting it lightly.
Guys talking about people they find attractive? Sure, whatever. Bragging about how you sexually assaulted someone? That's not fucking normal.

RPGCrazied

I like to reward good behavior. And I think I shall buy some of Robert De Niro's movies. Much respect for saying that. More stars need to come out aganist him.

Pryce

Maybe its uncommon on GAF or something, but a lot of guys talk like this in private. A presidential nominee though? Fuckin lol. Dude has way too much shit under the rug to even sweep.

Kindly fuck off. If you and your freinds brag about assaulting people in private than you need to just be better people.

Third parties can't win so no decent candidate runs on a third party ticket.

The US voting system is set up such that third parties will never really stand a good chance. That's not going to change. If you're dissatisfied with how either party is run, get more engaged in the primaries. Register for the major party that most closely matches your views (There is literally no cost whatsoever to doing this and it really isn't hard), and pull for the candidate that does as well. If said candidate loses, it sucks, but that's how voting works. Expecting major reforms to this system is pointless, since it'd require major constitutional changes that just aren't going to happen

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hey listen now folks, Voight is a generally good actor, he has been in a bunch of important good movies. It is a shame he is a piece of shit but lets not go 'book burning' now if you get what i mean.

shiba5

I'm still shocked the RNC can't legally kick his ass out of the party. Get the lawyers, change the rules, kick him out. Next, tell all his deplorables that they have no place in the party.
It's the only way they will be viable in the future.

Ekai

Hey listen now folks, Voight is a generally good actor, he has been in a bunch of important good movies. It is a shame he is a piece of shit but lets not go 'book burning' now if you get what i mean.

I can't think of anything I've liked him in.

I'm still shocked the RNC can't legally kick his ass out of the party. Get the lawyers, change the rules, kick him out. Next, tell all his deplorables that they have no place in the party.

It's way too late for this election. Absentee and early ballots have already started in some places

But those Deplorables are the only reason they're even viable right NOW. Who else do they have?

shiba5

It's way too late for this election. Absentee and early ballots have already started in some places

They're dead either way. The only way to minimize the fallout is to kick him. He never should have made it past the primaries. Now he's going to tear the GOP apart - which I think is funny as shit, but it would be nice not to risk another crazy person 4 years from now.

HariKari

They're dead either way. The only way to minimize the fallout is to kick him. He never should have made it past the primaries. Now he's going to tear the GOP apart - which I think is funny as shit, but it would be nice not to risk another crazy person 4 years from now.

Agreed, they need to oust him to save face. Put forth someone that at least appears to be respectable, even if the entire GOP platform is DOA at this point.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man I'm really disappointed that Jon Voight, star of Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2, seems like a shitty dude.

goddamn, people just arent aware of the Voight legacy, but in this case im not gonna care too much, he is a piece of shit after all. But yeah he been in some good movies. Im like the French, we like good filmmakers even if they suck shit /inglorious basterds.

Somnid

Then shouldn't a decent candidate have been able to do better than Trump in the GOP? Again, the problem isn't the system in this case, it's that Fox News and the GOP created a monster they can't control. Your comment seems like an excuse to stick in a "smh this system" with no relation to this news.

Meanwhile, the fallout from this may result in the GOP having to seriously rebrand in the next four years (like they did in the past), which is basically the same as allowing a new party to be on the national stage.

I'm trying to point out that this isn't exactly a political victory. Trump may have just been dealt a deathblow here but it's illustrating a rather large hole left by the system. Is the GOP really going to rush to fill the hole and even if they could what does that say for the process up until this point? Say the pre-election was more open, would that create less of an echo-chamber? Also, what about the idea of fear-based voting? Not just of immigrants and such but also of the other party. Why are all these people sticking to Trump even though they find him disgusting? Fear of the opposition? Part of the reason Trump couldn't be dumped is that if it's played zero-sum, you have to play the hand you're dealt.

Ponn

Banned
So...foreign policies of the candidates? Their solutions for the economy? Helping Americans get employed? Fixing Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Flint, etc? Helping rebuild areas affected by hurricanes? Assisting in getting the homeless off the street? Fixing the awful veterans hospitals? Fixing the lack of proper mental health facilities?

....anything?

Anything about any of that at all?

Fuck the candidates and fuck this awful election.

Trump has no substance or policies,everything always comes back to "Well Hillary and Obama fucked everything up. I build stuff and will create teams to tackle this. Emails, blah blah, emails.'

Hillary has talked about her policies every town hall, debate and has several commercials running talking about them along with a website with more detailed information. If you don't know what her policies are you are intentionally ignoring them at this point or just feigning interest to be outraged.

Ekai

Deliverance, Midnight Cowboy, Runaway Train, Heat and Rosewood. Also, Anaconda was a fun b-flick, I don't care what anyone says.

Deliverance- don't like it
Midnight Cowboy- never seen
Runaway Train- never seen
Heat- never seen
Rosewood- never seen
Anaconda was fun. I still don't like him as an actor. *shrugs*

As a person I like him even less.

That title change. You mods doing good work, thanks!

Very.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom