• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
CuM6gUzWcAA0TZC.jpg
Holy. Shit.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Trump is on the ballots, no ifs ands or buts.

They can't, states are already voting.

There actually is a loophole. States name electors based upon electoral college votes. Electors are nominated by state parties. On election day you are voting for the candidate, and then once votes are tabulated the winning state party then has their electors cast their electoral votes.

Those electors vote for the party ticket, not the persons on that ticket.

Some states mandate that the name on the ballot must also be the name that the electors choose, whereas most states electors vote for the party ticket. So while Trump's name would be on the ballot, if that state votes GOP, the state elector would then cast the vote for the party ticket that would be resubmitted by the RNC.

This has happened before in races where nominees for lower offices passed away during the campaign, their names still on the ballot, won, but the office went to the replacement picked by the state party.

I'm not making the best explanation here, but there are multiple loopholes to where a switch can be made. Deadlines are indeed fast approaching, however.

rjinaz

Matthew Iglesias
@mattyglesias
Ted Cruz was *this close* to having played the whole cycle perfectly.

Right?! I even said that I thought Cruz doing what he did would pay off for him long term if Donald had a scandal and there was a good chance he would. But, Cruz chickened out.

GOOD.

No way, literally the worse thing he could do is stay quiet.

...but I have no idea what he could say to make it better, hah.

Also I looovvveee how this just piles on Cruz.

Maybe just a straight up apology (rofl)? Lol, if there's nothing he can say that will make it better, it will just make it worse.

Strimei

There's no way Trump's backing out of the race. He's in it to the end.

I can't see him admitting defeat. That's just not who he is.

No way, literally the worse thing he could do is stay quiet.

...but I have no idea what he could say to make it better, hah.

Also I looovvveee how this just piles on Cruz.
Trump is no normal human being. Silence from him is invariably better, regardless of the situation. Any sentences he's capable of forming would be disastrous.

CHC

Haha, CNN saying Trump may speak tonight. Oh shit

My crazy prediction:

- Has a press conference
- Opens with a crappy apology
- Tries to segue into some rant about Bill
- Goes off rambling about anything that comes to mind
- Tweets tomorrow before any of his staff are awake, probably insulting Billy Bush, Washington Post, and the woman he was talking about.

adj_noun

There's no way Trump's backing out of the race. He's in it to the end.

I can't see him admitting defeat. That's just not who he is.

He either wins a fair election or loses a rigged one that he had no chance of winning. No matter what he'll be the winner in his head.

No really, guys. Who goes around grabbing other people's crotches in the first place?

What sort of privelidge do you have to believe you have to square that around in your head?

...and these poor Republican voters (yes, most of them are poor) expect THIS GUY to help improve their financial standing? What the fuck is wrong with their minds?

Strimei

Yeah definitely not happening, unless his entire campaign team bails on him if more stories hit.

Even then I could see him going it alone. Admitting defeat would just kill his...well I'd say soul, but I doubt he has one. What's the opposite of a soul?

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
This is super gross and yet I'm still surprised that this might be the thing to finally drag him down. Not that I'm complaining.

My crazy prediction:

- Has a press conference
- Opens with a crappy apology
- Tries to segue into some rant about Bill
- Goes off rambling about anything that comes to mind
- Tweets tomorrow before any of his staff are awake.

Holy shit, this is ridiculously accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom