• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiba5

cugrvynueaehwt8.jpg

It looks like he's trying to swallow his own nose.

rjinaz

This won't change anything. He said and did three or four worse thing even this week.

Nah have you watched CNN? The women anchors are pissed, and rightfully so. They are even shutting down the Trump defenders. This isn't just going to go away. This is huge and sounds like more is on the way.

Veitsev

So if he does that press conference tonight, what are the possibilities for this? I don't see how that fixes things, other than giving them footage of him half-apologizing. What's done is done, right?

In theory, getting out in front of this is the right thing to do. Otherwise he will be responding to it for the first time during the debate which is the worst time to do it. Trump, however, will clearly find a way to make this worse if he talks tonight so he is fucked either way.

Vestal

Pence is an evangelical christian. Do you think he might abandon ship to preserve his image and political prospects?

It is now or never for the GOP. Abandon ship or you fuckers are going to sink with him..

IMO.. Let all of those fucks SINK.

Pence is an evangelical christian. Do you think he might abandon ship to preserve his image and political prospects?

Pence is a garbage scumbag. Do you think he might abandon ship to preserve his image and political prospects?

kevin1025

Banned
In theory, getting out in front of this is the right thing to do. Otherwise he will be responding to it for the first time during the debate which is the worst time to do it. Trump, however, will clearly find a way to make this worse if he talks tonight so he is fucked either way.

You're probably right. Doing a presser this quickly is an attempt to squash the story, but at the same time, seeing the reaction, I don't see anything really squashing this. I don't know how this is going to play.

The utter silence of the GOP and the sources inside the campaign the past hour or so is wild.

Mahonay

Banned
After being forced to play nice with Sean this should be the last straw with her if she had any self-respect at all. Sadly I doubt it will be.
She actually called out Trump this past week already for avoiding her show and only going on Hannity, which is on the network directly after her. Called Trump out for relying on "safe spaces". Lol.

I suspect she'll say something about this.

CHC

Most of Trump's scandals are either:
A. somewhat complicated
B. slightly ambiguous / dogwhistling (people can argue that they don't hear it)

This one is neither. It's easily digestible and completely blatant. It'll get traction.

Very accurate assessment of why nothing has really stuck, a lot of it is too complicated (finances and business dealings) or too unsubstantiated / he-said-she-said (Alicia Machado thing).

Luckily this is neither, it's recorded clear as day and offensive by almost any civilized standards. Even those who are not directly offended have to recognize that this is just not the kind of shit you want to be recorded saying, period. There are plenty of men who talk like this, of course, but it's just part of how society works in that we don't really acknowledge it publicly.

Like, everyone has sex but if a candidates sex tape got out, that would be bad. Trump has done worse things than this but none that are so readily presentable and universally embarrassing.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
CNN printed the f word in their story. I bet they get more flak from the right for publishing the word than Trump gets for his usage.

sphagnum

Banned

No. SCOTUS is too important, have to overturn abortion. Remember in the Old Testament that God often uses less than righteous people to achieve righteous deeds.

jbug617

Banned
Access Hollywood Identifies Woman in Donald Trump Tape as Nancy O'Dell
During a Friday night segment, the program addressed Donald Trump's latest campaign scandal involving former host Billy Bush.
Access Hollywood addressed former anchor Billy Bush's involvement Donald Trump's latest campaign scandal during Friday night's show after hot microphone audio of the two men making lewd comments about women back in 2005 was leaked online by The Washington Post.

"There were seven other people on the bus with Mr. Trump and Billy Bush at the time," host Natalie Morales said of the incident, noting that camera crew, Trump's security guard and his publicist were all present. She revealed that Nancy O'Dell, currently Entertainment Tonight co-host, was the woman Trump had been captured speaking crassly about.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...dell-access-hollywood-identifies-woman-936493

Conservatives claim to looooove Reagan, so I think at this moment, it's funny to reflect on this letter he wrote to his son:

Dear Mike:

Enclosed is the item I mentioned (with which goes a torn up IOU). I could stop here but I won't.

You've heard all the jokes that have been rousted around by all the "unhappy marrieds" and cynics. Now, in case no one has suggested it, there is another viewpoint. You have entered into the most meaningful relationship there is in all human life. It can be whatever you decide to make it.

Some men feel their masculinity can only be proven if they play out in their own life all the locker-room stories, smugly confident that what a wife doesn't know won't hurt her. The truth is, somehow, way down inside, without her ever finding lipstick on the collar or catching a man in the flimsy excuse of where he was till three A.M., a wife does know, and with that knowing, some of the magic of this relationship disappears. There are more men griping about marriage who kicked the whole thing away themselves than there can ever be wives deserving of blame. There is an old law of physics that you can only get out of a thing as much as you put in it. The man who puts into the marriage only half of what he owns will get that out. Sure, there will be moments when you will see someone or think back to an earlier time and you will be challenged to see if you can still make the grade, but let me tell you how really great is the challenge of proving your masculinity and charm with one woman for the rest of your life. Any man can find a twerp here and there who will go along with cheating, and it doesn't take all that much manhood. It does take quite a man to remain attractive and to be loved by a woman who has heard him snore, seen him unshaven, tended him while he was sick and washed his dirty underwear. Do that and keep her still feeling a warm glow and you will know some very beautiful music. If you truly love a girl, you shouldn't ever want her to feel, when she sees you greet a secretary or a girl you both know, that humiliation of wondering if she was someone who caused you to be late coming home, nor should you want any other woman to be able to meet your wife and know she was smiling behind her eyes as she looked at her, the woman you love, remembering this was the woman you rejected even momentarily for her favors.

Mike, you know better than many what an unhappy home is and what it can do to others. Now you have a chance to make it come out the way it should. There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.

Love,

Dad

P.S. You'll never get in trouble if you say "I love you" at least once a day.

Socreges

Banned
FoxNews has it on their site but:

- no where near the top
- they lead with his defense and quote from today
- they don't mention that he was married to Melania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom