• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Republican who throws shade at Trump needs to state whether they are voting for him and support him for President. These chucklefucks who are going to stand by the party over country need to be tied around Trump's neck and be hurled into the political abyss with him.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I really wish he would end it, but then I think they get someone would could actually beat Hillary. So no Trump, please don't crack yet.

Even if they could change the ticket, there isn't a politician or even human being alive that they could put up and have a chance of winning with a month before election day. It's just way too little time to even educate the base about who this person is. The normal dirt than everyone has would come out and wouldn't have any time to die down.

Trump could just say "Fuck it" and stop campaigning and permanently screw over the GOP. He wouldn't do that, but the headlines would be glorious lol

CuM-kCFXEAAQagx.jpg:large

So he'll just fuck the opposition to death.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He said "a lot." didn't say most didn't say he did. He certainly didn't say it was ok.

Trump though, won't affect his base at all. This morning on NPR they interviewed a female middle aged supporter and asked her about the Rosie O'Donnell thing.

She didn't blink or pause, she said, "I think she's a pig too! The things she says on TV! Just my opinion."

Irredeemable. Nothing he can say or do will have any effect on those people.

Just vile.

They're going to interview her again after the debate.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Oh is this actually registering as a scandal?

I've been so used to Trump's missteps being ignored by his supporters, or only making him stronger....

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Can we just have a minute to thank the person who recorded this, and had the good sense to hang on to this for the right moment for TEN YEARS?!?!?! Such patience and timing. If this came out at the time nothing would have happened

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I've been so used to Trump's missteps being ignored by his supporters, or only making him stronger....

Some of his misdeeds have been ignored, but none have made him stronger in the general election. The two periods where he polled best is the two periods where things were pretty reserved.

kess

It's a shame nothing will happen to Trump. He has the best lawyers other people's Trump Foundation money can buy.

Dude shook the foundations of one of the most powerful political parties in the world, apparently has a propensity for sexual assault, is a self admitted tax cheat, and has a shocking lack of humility and self-reflection. Luckily for his enemies, he's going to Cosby himself with his own words.

It feels like everyone put on a show and let him get away with so much so we could all flip the switch at once when it's too late.

Those reporters on CNN weren't given that Trump lady anything.

This has happened before in races where nominees for lower offices passed away during the campaign, their names still on the ballot, won, but the office went to the replacement picked by the state party.

I'm not making the best explanation here, but there are multiple loopholes to where a switch can be made. Deadlines are indeed fast approaching, however.

I mean you're technically right. Some (maybe many) states would allow Trump to drop out and be replaced by Pence but this is going to have to be figured out 50 different times in a week or so. It would be complete madness and youre somewhat disenfranchising the 250K people who have already voted. There has to be some % of them that would want to change after the ticket changes.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Can we just have a minute to thank the person who recorded this, and had the good sense to hang on to this for the right moment for TEN YEARS?!?!?! Such patience and timing. If this came out at the time nothing would have happened

This won't change anything. He said and did three or four worse thing even this week.

kaskade

Wow, I just read his statement "I apologize if anyone was offended". Are you kidding me. You can't even say I shouldn't have said that, it wasn't appropriate?

dankir

Just grab her pussy hmmm? Not even subtle about it. Does anybody know anything about his policies at this time?

I could recite his controversies from the last couple of weeks but no cold hard facts.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
A reminder of what Ivanka Trump said in May.

"I'm not in every interaction my father has, but he's not a groper. It's not who he is," she said. "And I've known my father obviously my whole life and he has total respect for women.

Come on out of hiding, Ivanka. I know that Cosmopolitan interview was really rough for you, but come out and defend your piece of shit father.

rjinaz

A true hero. He/She should be remembered as the person that stopped the rise of a facist.

CHC

that image will follow him for the rest of his career.

and he was SO CLOSE to not having this picture taken. All he had to do was stay the course.

Not like failed presidential candidates usually get a second chance at the same campaign, but yeah, that's his Howard Dean scream.

kevin1025

Banned
So if he does that press conference tonight, what are the possibilities for this? I don't see how that fixes things, other than giving them footage of him half-apologizing. What's done is done, right?

Adaren

Most of Trump's scandals are either:
A. somewhat complicated
B. slightly ambiguous / dogwhistling (people can argue that they don't hear it)

This one is neither. It's easily digestible and completely blatant. It'll get traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom