• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Domixis

Banned
My boss has a trump sign on his door, wonder if it will still be there after this weekend. A lot of females work there. Shiiiett.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is there any legal avenue for the RNC to change their candidate?

The ship has sailed, especially since ballots have already been cast. It would be a logistical nightmare to not only come up with a replacement. The most likely scenario is that the GOP just abandons him for the next month.

They should be planning for 2020 at this point. If they let their base get caught up by another nutjob in the primaries (which is a real possibility) then they'll be doing the same dance in four years. They need to come up with a way to push the fringe elements out of their party OR ensure that a fringe candidate doesn't get attention. Neither option is easy.

Strimei

Can't they do whatever they want? What laws would apply?

He's already on the ballot, early voting is already in progress in many places, I imagine they'd have to fight state by state to change it, it'd anger Trump's supporters and splinter things further. And there's a month left.

Also as i posted earlier, they already looked into figuring out how to get rid of him should the need arise. The deadline was September 1st.

lenovox1

How weird would it be if millions of people who were gonna vote for Trump instead vote for a 3rd party and we then end up with a three party system....

That's not how the US electoral system works. If Republican voters splinter, we have a one party system due to the first past the post nature of the system we have.

I feel like the title is too easy on Trump.

Not saying the OP messed up, but saying that conversation is "extremely lewd" undermines how creepy it is.

He's already on the ballot, early voting is already in progress in many places, I imagine they'd have to fight state by state to change it, it'd anger Trump's supporters and splinter things further. And there's a month left.

Also as i posted earlier, they already looked into figuring out how to get rid of him should the need arise. The deadline was September 1st.

The other option is a nationwide campaign for a write-in vote. Like just writing in Ryan or Bush or something.

That'd take...massive amounts of money and I would bet most voters are too dumb to follow instructions like that.

Cyanity

Banned
So now the real question: What could possibly be worse than "I'm rich and powerful so I can rape women if I want to." ?

Has a candidate for office ever had a worse week than Trump has had?

First, he utterly bombs the debate.

Then, he picks an unwinnable and very public fight with a former Miss Universe, a private citizen.

Then, it comes to light that he likely hasn't paid any taxes in decades.

Now, the hot mic of the century will ruin his chances among the one group he needed to win: suburban married women.

How can he even show his face at the debate after this? The GOP might as well re-enact this scene:

ezgif-570794118.gif

Strimei

The other option is a nationwide campaign for a write-in vote. Like just writing in Ryan or Bush or something.

That'd take...massive amounts of money and I would bet most voters are too dumb to follow instructions like that.

And not all states allow write-ins, do they? I don't remember it here (Delaware) at least.

What is that cockbag saying?

"I don't agree with what Trump said, but like he said, it was locker room banter. Now let me tell you about Bill Clinton for 20 minutes"

Judge Jeanine Pirro is even worse.
"It was just talk!, look, he got off the bus and he was very nice to the lady. Gave her an air kiss and did nothing!" "It was just words!"

Nah, there are virtually no female trump supporters. Just a lot of shills and women who are too scared to disagree with their husbands.

Well there's Kellyanne Conway, Kayleigh McEnany and Katrina Pierson, though for some reason, those three always seemed spaced out every time they tried to defend Trump. The depiction of Kellyanne on SNL's Family Feud skit was pretty spot on(especially with the eye movements) to this "spacey-ness" those three share.

It seems like everyone in the know is saying there is worse stuff in the wings we will see later in the month

Safe to say it's going to get worse than this. Somehow.

Has a candidate for office ever had a worse week than Trump has had?

First, he utterly bombs the debate.

Then, he picks an unwinnable and very public fight with a former Miss Universe, a private citizen.

Then, it comes to light that he likely hasn't paid any taxes in decades.

Now, the hot mic of the century will ruin his chances among the one group he needed to win: suburban married women.

How can he even show his face at the debate after this? The GOP might as well re-enact this scene:

ezgif-570794118.gif

Too bad those events didn't all happen in the same week though.

mcfrank

@maggieNYT: Trump campaign is canceling hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising in Fla, NC, OH, possibly other states, per two buying sources.

Time to start diverting the remaining campaign funds to trump businesses and pack it up. All part of the plan.

Anth0ny

I can't believe Trump keeps managing to outdo himself.

By the end of the campaign he'll be eating babies on live TV.

funny thing is, none of this shit matters! he'll still have his supporters claiming Hillary is worse, blah blah blah, come november everyone welcome emperor trump.

cackhyena

"I don't agree with what Trump said, but like he said, it was locker room banter. Now let me tell you about Bill Clinton for 20 minutes"

Judge Jeanine Pirro is even worse.
"It was just talk!, look, he got off the bus and he was very nice to the lady. Gave her an air kiss and did nothing!" "It was just words!"
Holy shit. Nothing will make these people budge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom