• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Selter says there's probably more tapes. I think he's right. This can't be it. He knew this was being recorded, he's been in the media for years. He knows this.

Rachel Maddow talked about how her show has been trying to get behind the scenes tapes from The Apprentice that would confirm the allegations that came out earlier this year. Fahrenthold was on her show and said he was trying as well. In both cases they said Mark Burnett Productions (the company that owns the show) didn't even respond to their requests.

GAy5sS8.png

HEH

Saw a story like this on yahoo's front page not too long ago. The thought from someone in the article was that campaign dollars had been running out

I wonder if overcharging his own campaign for rent, transportation, and services had anything to do with that.

Hannity is playing the tape of hillary talking about defending an accused rapist....because it is totally the same thing.
Isn't that the Republican/Conservative/Right winger way? Clean and kiss each others asses! "Oh, our candidate did some messed up shit... uh, should we try to make things right, do GOOD for once in our miserable lives and pay the piper, or.... I know.... Oh yeah, well YOUR candidate did (insert childish jab)!"

It really is shit you'd see children doing on a playground during recess:

Child 1(Democrat): "Donny just threw a rock and hit a few kids in the head and pushed Stacey down."

Child 2(Donny/Republican): "Oh yeah, well your parents are divorced. Your daddy doesn't love you, your mommy cheated on him with the mail man and you eat boogers!"

Nah that wouldnt do anything at this point. What we need is a video of him making fun of religious people.
Trump: "There is no God. I am God. I'd be the BEST God that money could buy. Everybody loves me, more than that other guy in the Bible. Jesus was poor. No class. A carpenter. I wouldn't pay him to build a toothpick! Me, I'm a savior. I'd save many jobs. I make sacrifices. I employ many people. The churches should have statues of ME!"

this is so lame...this is like me or someone else talking about sex with another guy. Only bad part I see is him talking about a married woman. This does nothing to move the needle really. While Clinton has some real shit on her.

I'm late to this party so let me educate anyone who would take this line of thinking.

Anyone who thinks anything vaguely similar go read this tweet chain.

Every girl in that chain of replies is someone who has been sexually assaulted either by someone they know or at random. A lot of them didn't get justice. A lot of them suffer in silence. One thing in common is that this is the same behavior that Trump blithely describes in his "locker room banter". To hear one of the two nominees of a major party that is running for President of the United States make light of sexual assault. To think in any way, shape, or form that this is any sort of legitimate behavior is beyond the pale.

We don't demand a lot from our elected officials anymore. But we should be able to stand up and ask that someone who casually refers to sexually assault and has these views should not be eligible to be President of the United States ever.

Vestal

Trump is the hero we have been waiting for..

He is doing what no democrat has ever been able to do.. BURN THE GOP TO THE GROUND!!!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't drop out material this far into the campaign.

For any other candidate in history this would be. Trump has set the bar so low that this is just a bad day for him.

Imagine a tape like this coming out for Romney or Obama or McCain or Kerry. They'd all be done.

Strimei

I hope the Republican Party can reboot. A healthy democracy needs at least two serious parties.

One way or another, they'll have to. They've put it off for a while, to the point where its more of a "burn it down and start over" than just hitting a reset button.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
For any other candidate in history this would be. Trump has set the bar so low that this is just a bad day for him.

Imagine a tape like this coming out for Romney or Obama or McCain or Kerry. They'd all be done.

This is dropout material for a rehearsed politician that has been grooming their entire adult life towards a presidency.

This is not drop out material for a guy who didn't expect to be running for political office (none the less president).

I'm late to this party so let me educate anyone who would take this line of thinking.

Anyone who thinks anything vaguely similar go read this tweet chain.

Every girl in that chain of replies is someone who has been sexually assaulted either by someone they know or at random. A lot of them didn't get justice. A lot of them suffer in silence. One thing in common is that this is the same behavior that Trump blithely describes in his "locker room banter". To hear one of the two nominees of a major party that is running for President of the United States make light of sexual assault. To think in any way, shape, or form that this is any sort of legitimate behavior is beyond the pale.

We don't demand a lot from our elected officials anymore. But we should be able to stand up and ask that someone who casually refers to sexually assault and has these views should not be eligible to be President of the United States ever.

I'm usually against post-ban replies but you know what, this is a great fucking post

Bronx-Man

Banned
Rachel Maddow putting it in the simplest terms:

"You're awake, by the way. You're not having a terrible, terrible dream. Also, you're not dead and you haven't gone to hell. This is your life now. This is our election now. This is us. This is our country. It's real."

And you may ask yourself "Well, how did I get here?"

shiba5

Brian Selter says there's probably more tapes. I think he's right. This can't be it. He knew this was being recorded, he's been in the media for years. He knows this.

"Where did you find this?! Where did you find this?!" suddenly makes a lot more sense.

rjinaz

Hannity just a second ago: "Don't you think the Clinton campaign has had this for a long time? Don't you think they waited to release this on Wiki Leaks day?"

SeanHannity1-660x330.jpg

Who the frak cares you conspiracy, Trump ass kisser Hannity? It doesn't change that it happened.

Meowster

WHY did Trump run for President? His brand is damaged goods after this election. There will be nothing left for Ivanka and co to salvage if this onslaught of allegations doesn't end. Is everything to him really this short sighted and about the immediate gains? And his supporters still claiming he's an amazing businessman when it's obvious what is going to happen afterwards. They are so deluded. What does it take to wake them up?

This is dropout material for a rehearsed politician that has been grooming their entire adult life towards a presidency.

This is not drop out material for a guy who didn't expect to be running for political office (none the less president).

He started a presidential campaign in 2000. 2015-2016 isn't some out of nowhere development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom