• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

I don't even know but I really hope there is some crazy way that he can just drop out and let Pence take over. Is that even possible? Chaffetz dropping support and Ryan uninviting him to the Wisconsin gig is a very big deal. Can the party just remove him under some kind of violation of trust?

I don't. Fuck Pence. He's a terrible human being too.

CHC

htkiok3.jpg

This is absolutely the best one yet. If that's original work.... bravo.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I was supposed to get some school work done today.

I didn't get any school work done.

Good lord at the mental gymnastics some conservative media pundits have gone to in order to hand-wave this whole fiasco away:

vPIikq1.gif
Someone needs to photoshop Mike Pence's face onto this.

I get the feeling they're doing multiple takes, but that the more takes there are, the more agitated he becomes. So it may be a while.

I imagine they're still trying to convince him to apologize. Look how it turned out when they tried to force him to admit Obama is a citizen. He couldn't do it until someone came up with a spin he could live with.

Browsing reddit and pol right now is hilarious, seeing people freaking out, clinging to the talking point about Bill, trying to say that Trump is wrong through the lens of their own ideology, like this gem:

"What a degenerate piece of garbage

What do you think Adolf would think of that kind of behavior?

A true leader doesn't talk to women like that.

This is just plain degeneracy. I could take him calling others fat and all, but this is just n----- tier talk."

Jesus Christ.

Based on my girlfriend and her friends and every other girl? Do you really think women are some kind of virgin saints? They also talk about some guy in bed, how they would like to fuck married men and worse, which is just fine, is just talking

No, I don't think women are "virgin saints," but I don't think their chat gets casually rapey in the locker room or wherever

Do you really think the sorts of examples you posted here are comparable to what Trump actually said?

Skatterd

Based on my girlfriend and her friends and every other girl? Do you really think women are some kind of virgin saints? They also talk about some guy in bed, how they would like to fuck married men and worse, which is just fine, is just talking

He literally said he could do whatever he wants to women, wanted or not, due to his celebrity and they wouldn't say anything.

Phased

This isn't event feasible. Dumbos.

It isn't, but if they drop out now they can at least have a chance of not going down with the ship.

Honestly I hope the stink of Trump stays with every one of these guys well through the midterms and the 2020 elections. If Democrats don't label and call out every single one of the people who supported him they are missing a golden oppurtunity.

benjipwns

Banned
Electors do not have to vote for the candidate whose slate they were on. They can all vote for Pence/Martinez or Ivanka/Donald Jr. if they wanted to or the party told them to.

Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates have died between election day and when the electors vote before.

The hard part is getting the word out that although it may say "Trump" on the ballot it's actually [X], that wouldn't be a major problem these days though since we have all this communication technology.

mjp2417

Banned

Women talk about sex with men. Women talk about sex with women. Men talk about sex with men. Men talk about sex with women. Men and women do not casually discuss sexually assaulting one another. This isn't hard.

KillerAJD

My Grandfather passed away this morning, and what is currently hurting the most is he's not here to see Trump implode tonight. Our dinner conversation this evening would have been AMAZING.

border

She has a 2% chance.

Utah Representative Chaffetz on CNN now: "I'm out. I can't vote for Hillary Clinton, but I won't vote for Donald Trump. I played college football, I've been in a lot of locker rooms and this was nothing like that.........I can't endorse him for president."

You're pretty sure, huh? Well, that's conclusive.

Natalie Portman once told a reporter that she invited a young actor to go blender hunting, that she could grab the dick of any key grip in Hollywood because she's a star, and then popped a Mentos because the driver was walking up

Or not, I dunno

Electors do not have to vote for the candidate whose slate they were on. They can all vote for Pence/Martinez or Ivanka/Donald Jr. if they wanted to or the party told them to.

Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates have died between election day and when the electors vote before.

The hard part is getting the word out that although it may say "Trump" on the ballot it's actually [X], that wouldn't be a major problem these days though since we have all this communication technology.
Faithless electors are pretty rare.

Nibiru

Banned
Trump doesn't give a single fuck about the GOP. In what world do people think at the last minute he'll drop out? This has all been about Trump from the start. He ain't going NOWHERE.

Edit: Oh no. Top page!

For sure but this is kind of unprecedented no? What if Pence drops out? He just might because I think he has a 2020 plan based on how he has been carrying himself. What happens then? Is there any law or weird "out" so to speak?

Bolivar687

Banned
Utah rep on CNN withdrawing his endorsement.

I would not rule out Pence stepping down from campaigning. MSNBC also said many Republicans realize their longevity absolutely demands they distance themselves and condemning this.

BruceCLea

Banned
My pops and I did a social experiment...we changed the channel to all major news networks and they're all covering this Trump scandal. Except Fox News, they're covering the hurricane where it hasn't hit yet!!!

To me, the best fucking thing about this is the extreme writhing of people like Paul Ryan and Reince Priebus. This shit makes them stink just as much as him. Come on guys, keep endorsing him while twisting like pretzels to condemn everything he says and does.

Oh, and I just can't fucking wait to see scum like KellyAnne Conway defend, justify, and dismiss this, and keep talking about how Trump respects and empowers women in such amazing fashion. I'm fucking embarrassed to speak like that, to anyone- I can't imagine how a 70 year old does it. What a lack of class.

Utah Representative Chaffetz on CNN now: "I'm out. I can't vote for Hillary Clinton, but I won't vote for Donald Trump. I played college football, I've been in a lot of locker rooms and this was nothing like that."

this is what happens when you open the door to the insane tea party republicans.

benjipwns

Banned
Faithless electors are pretty rare.
They wouldn't be "faithless" if they're acting on Party orders.

For sure but this is kind of unprecedented no? What if Pence drops out? He just might because I think he has a 2020 plan based on how he has been carrying himself. What happens then? Is there any law or weird "out" so to speak?
There is nothing stopping either Trump or Pence or Clinton or Kaine from dropping out. Though they may remain on the ballot depending on the state law. Their electoral votes would simply go to someone else.

kevin1025

Banned
They should get the editor(s) that did Oliver Stone's JFK and Natural Born Killers. Cut it up and just send out the video as a complete nightmare of cuts.

"I will --- ALWAYS --- apologize --- FOR THE --- things I said. --- BELIEVE ME."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom