• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozigizo

I bet there was no opportunity to vet Trump before he exploded with the alt-right movement. This kind of oversight is incredible.

This is a beautiful implosion.

If that's the case, then how could they not release it? I don't understand the logic of "it's so terrible that we can't even tell the public about it".
There is no logic. No one's sitting on some megaton bomb. Hence, Wikileaks' expired tea.

This video alone proves that - it leaked within hours of being discovered at NBC's archives. Whatever other surprises come will be similarly fresh off the presses.

benjipwns

Banned

Ithil

This wasn't found by the DNC, it was found by NBC (who produce Access Hollywood) when someone remembered they did an interview and checked the raw rolls.

And even then, it wasn't NBC who released it (though they were planning to soon). Someone leaked the footage to the Washington Post (to David Fahrenthold specifically) who immediately put out an article on it.

Nobody would give a shit about that pledge if Trump lost.

I don't think they give a shit about it now, Donald has broken the GOP pledge cult. His supporters for instance are a very specific form of right wing and the rest will fall in line with whatever gop candidate thinks more like them, the party is fracturing along specific lines and pledges don't make sense anymore.

The damage from this should be enough to finish him off, but...

I dunno, the irrational part of my brain is worried that instead of making undecided voters go Dem they'll just say "screw it, not voting" and some dem voters will stay home laughing because they think the polls should be a sure thing...

Nah.

The amount of soundbites that's going to come out of it

There is a reason why this is huge. Why the media networks are blowing up about this.

Think about it. Trump has said that Mexicans are rapists, that he could shoot someone, that he'll ban Muslims, that' he'll punish women who abort, he has said all that shit and he's continued along his merry way.

But this? This has shook the whole GOP. This has shook people who were against trump. This has shook people who are with Trump. Trump is in such deep shit, whereas he said he wouldn't apologize about the Mexicans, about the Blacks, about the Muslims, and he puts out two press releases(One a video) about him apologizing over this. Over something that's 10 years old.

Trump is shook. This is the event that made people get the light to turn on in their heads, to realize that Trump is a fuck up.

And it's glorious.

I bet there was no opportunity to vet Trump before he exploded with the alt-right movement. This kind of oversight is incredible.

This is a beautiful implosion.

This is just like Palin EXCEPT everyone always knew what a piece of shit Trump always was. You could see this coming a mile away.

Fat4all

Banned
cnnihp0x.gif

I really need a gif of Ana right before they cut to commercial after that, where she's just savoring the moment.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Slightly off-topic but still related...

What Donald described doing to women I think I've only seen on film once and I think it was a scene from that Mad Men show when the MC literally did that move to a woman (who wasn't his wife) in the process of seducing her. In retrospect, given the psyche of men in that show/era, I'm even less shocked that Donald is a person who professes to doing this sort of thing.

About the only thing shocking about this whole fiasco is the fact that this is the presidential candidate for a major party.

Biske

If pussy is what finally brings down Donald Trump, that is some beautiful irony. We can truly thank pussy for everything good in life.

benjipwns

Banned
I don't think they give a shit about it now, Donald has broken the GOP pledge cult. His supporters for instance are a very specific form of right wing and the rest will fall in line with whatever gop candidate thinks more like them, the party is fracturing along specific lines and pledges don't make sense anymore.
Well, yes, the pledge was always bullshit. But it's definitely bullshit if the GOP candidate doesn't win because who's going to enforce it in favor of a known loser versus an unknown.

.JayZii

Banned
I love that people are saying "oh isn't it convenient this is coming out now"

Yea well that's how the game is played, don't be mad your boy made it so fucking easy.
They're using what my candidate said against him to make him look bad. It shouldn't count.

benjipwns

Banned
Any concrete news/data on how this is moving the needle yet?
Hillary's numbers are in free fall, Gary Johnson is surging because he's actually shown his tongue technique, while all Trump has done is talk and Hillary won't even discuss her relationship with Huma.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Any concrete news/data on how this is moving the needle yet?

Probably nothing decent for awhile. We're just now seeing the impact the first debate had. I expect to see a lot of those garbage online polls but they're worthless

None of these comments are surprising, even to ardent Trump supporters. If this had been revealed a few months ago, it would have been less damaging but he still would have won the Primaries.

Being so close to the next debate, and the November election, make this a more volatile period in Trump's presidency. His poll numbers weren't good enough despite the momentum in recent weeks and rather than gaining from the initial debate, he lost further in key demographics - such as women.

The real story will be the fallout within the Republican party as they begin to realise their core base will relent in their support of a sexist, bigoted, demagogue.

Fat4all

Banned
Hillary's poll number were already on the rise in some unexpected states, this plus the debate has the potential to boost her numbers super bigly.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Hillary's poll number were already on the rise in some unexpected states, this plus the debate has the potential to boost her numbers super bigly.

Fivethirtyeight's Now-cast has Arizona trending blue.

If my state went blue this election I don't think I'd stop grinning for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom