• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

Well the Clintons and the Trumps are actually friendly to some extent...

donald-hillary-800.jpg

I doubt Hillary wants to destroy the man whose wedding she attended.
A rude joke about the visibility of Trump's hands presents itself.

Anybody check out Dan Rather's facebook post:
What does it take to knock Donald Trump out? You would think that the latest obscene, vile, repulsive audio leak would be an electoral haymaker that has him on the canvas for good. In any other election, with any other candidate, this might well have been the equivalent of a spontaneous combustion. And it might be for Donald Trump, but I have thought that many times before.

Calling Mexicans rapists and murderers? Trump went there and it set him on the path to the GOP nomination. Running over John McCain's war record? Barely a speed bump for the Trump campaign bus. Mocking the disabled? Check that off the list and Trump bounces back. Disrespecting the parents of a fallen American soldier? It seems like in the end it was merely a flesh wound for the Donald. And there were so many more instances that likely would have proven fatal to any other candidate in any other election.

Clearly Trump has a floor of support that would condone almost anything. But perhaps this is different and we will see a chipping away at his numbers. Perhaps we will see more of a free fall, although I doubt it. And yet it is also clear that his floor is not enough for Trump to capture the White House. I can't see this adding any voters to his totals, except maybe the villains of the movies from the 1980s.

If you want to see how this plays out, listen to Republicans running for election this fall. Every one of them is going to be asked this weekend to defend Trump's comments. What will they do? Will the knives come out for the party's nominee from his fellow Republicans? Will they begin to run from him, rather than with him? Will this final wave finally sink the Trump campaign?

I must add that while the severity of the latest audio is particularly disgusting, any elected official who expresses surprise must surely be feigning it. Look at Trump's Twitter feed. Listen to his statements from the past. Did you really think this kind of language was beyond him?

This election is not only about the presidency, but about who will lead in Congress and the state houses. How toxic does Trump become? Can he bounce back yet again, even if the polls seem to be moving against him? Will this doom the GOP in 2016, or even beyond? Will it realign our political system?

So many questions, but we will get answers. And we will be the ones who will give them when we go to the polls. There are few times in my career when I have been more at a loss for what I could expect for the future of my country.

https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/posts/10157527351865716

No Love

Banned
I refuse to believe Trump has not used the n-word at some point and it wasn't caught on tape. That has to be next.

I'm sure Donald will say that "niggers" treat women worse than he does once that comes out. And then he'll say that Bill Clinton is actually secretly a black guy that abuses women.

At this point there can't be any candidate in U.S. history that's a bigger sack of shit than Trump.

mjfor40

Side note: poor NFL can't catch a break. Declining TV ratings already, this week's Sunday Night game about to be watched by 20 people.

C4Lukins

It is funny.

Guys do this. They talk sexually about girls and how they want to bone them, in various ways.

For example, "I would totally hit Lisa Kudrow, I bet that girl is wild."

Men do not have creepy discussions where they talk about just wanting to kiss a girl on the face, or grab their breasts, or clutch their pussy, oh and yeah she is married.

This exchange is like an alien talking about sex. Yes we can get a bit gross in our private discussions, but this is super creepy. And oddly molesty. It is one thing to imagine an encounter, and another thing to actually speak about engaging in one.

I was worried about Trump, but this awkward recording may do him in. Nobody talks like that.

benjipwns

Banned
At this point there can't be any candidate in U.S. history that's a bigger sack of shit than Trump.
lol, yeah, certainly not those slave holders and supporters, actual virulent racist warmongers who wrote extensively about the inferiority of the negro, the glory of the nation being built on the slaughter of its citizens, and the need to eliminate checks on state power. Oh, and participated in those things rather than blustering about it in 140 characters.

Also, can't forget history's greatest monster.

I just woke up and suddenly this thread is 43 pages long.
I'm kinda surprised that this is generating this much controversy and that Trump issued a semi-apology (kind of).

Don't get me wrong, he's a piece of shit and there's plenty to be offended about in that conversation. But everybody is so numb to Trump scandals by now, I wonder if this is actually going to stick.

Hey, I would love it if it finally happened, but let's not forget he called Mexican rapists and murderers and he knew the mic was on. And it's not like everybody on earth wasn't already aware that he's a horrible misogynist.

Makonero

It is funny.

Guys do this. They talk sexually about girls and how they want to bone them, in various ways.

For example, "I would totally hit Lisa Kudrow, I bet that girl is wild."

Men do not have creepy discussions where they talk about just wanting to kiss a girl on the face, or grab their breasts, or clutch their pussy, oh and yeah she is married.

This exchange is like an alien talking about sex. Yes we can get a bit gross in our private discussions, but this is super creepy. And oddly molesty. It is one thing to imagine an encounter, and another thing to actually speak about engaging in one.

I was worried about Trump, but this awkward recording may do him in. Nobody talks like that.
It sounds alien to you because this is a sexual predator talking. A predator with power and no compunction about using it. But this much more common that you probably realize, because like Cosby, this stuff often gets hidden and protected. It's disgusting.

Hey, I would love it if it finally happened, but let's not forget he called Mexican rapists and murderers and he knew the mic was on. And it's not like everybody on earth wasn't already aware that he's a horrible misogynist.

Everybody knew Ray Rice had committed domestic violence and then the video came out.

Biske

It sounds alien to you because this is a sexual predator talking. A predator with power and no compunction about using it. But this much more common that you probably realize, because like Cosby, this stuff often gets hidden and protected. It's disgusting.

Exactly, just look at Billy Bush in all this, supporting, encouraging, and then enabling with the "give the donald a hug" bullshit.

benjipwns

Banned
Why does the image of the person get progressively larger with each charge yet they still smashed the text into Hillary's face in the last one.

Machina

Banned
Why does the image of the person get progressively larger with each charge yet they still smashed the text into Hillary's face in the last one.

Don't mind me if I don't pay attention to the ramblings of a fruit who doesn't even spellcheck his fucking photoshop jobs

C4Lukins

I just woke up and suddenly this thread is 43 pages long.
I'm kinda surprised that this is generating this much controversy and that Trump issued a semi-apology (kind of).

Don't get me wrong, he's a piece of shit and there's plenty to be offended about in that conversation. But everybody is so numb to Trump scandals by now, I wonder if this is actually going to stick.

I think this is compelling, because men specifically will find his comments awkward. And white male America is his strongest contingent. And when I talk to some of my Trump apologist friends and family tomorrow, I imagine they will be creeped out about it.

I can see the Mexican rapist thing as being misconstrued. I always thought that was a weak argument. He was talking about immigrants from Mexico, and some of them being criminals.

This is more compelling because it is a specific conversation with audio, and speaks directly to his character. Criminals entering the US illegally is an actual thing, and a debatable issue.

AniHawk

checked in as it broke and thought it would just get swept under the rug like a lot of trump things. instead it's the first sign this could be a wave election.

kom susser tod has been excellent listening material while catching up.

Vagabundo

Boom: headshot.

Now we watch zombie Trump stumble around for a few weeks.

#Octobersurprise

I wonder will we get something juicey every week now from the Hilary camp?

EDIT: This debate should be great. I think he's going to come out swinging and say mad shit,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom