• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
checked in as it broke and thought it would just get swept under the rug like a lot of trump things. instead it's the first sign this could be a wave election.

kom susser tod has been excellent listening material while catching up.

i can't believe shinji ikari is about to win this fucking election

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
People always share screenshots of social media posts that demonstrate how set in their vote everyone is, but does anyone have examples of the opposite? I feel like I never see it. Someone on twitter or in the comment section of some site saying "okay, this is too much, i'm voting for x instead"

I would behoove you not to read the Youtube comments.

3oz8xE3WD53x7ndNug.gif

People always share screenshots of social media posts that demonstrate how set in their vote everyone is, but does anyone have examples of the opposite? I feel like I never see it. Someone on twitter or in the comment section of some site saying "okay, this is too much, i'm voting for x instead"

Not often. People don't like to admit they were wrong.

benjipwns

Banned
Why would someone have made a wrong decision in the first place?

This is like the 3rd right winger banned today. The meltdowns are real.

I got permabanned (reduced to a 3 month sentence) because a mod mistook me as a Trump supporter. I now find myself in the curious position of being more sympathetic to their cause, although I wish they actually put more thought into their posts. To be fair, the political discussions in general seem to be largely memes and reaction posts here.

I haven't seen anything but I had a few Bernie or bust people on my fb who posted a shit ton and then just went silent in the last couple months. I know they can't support Trump or the 3rd party candidates but I also don't expect them to admit they're voting for HRC. Maybe they'll leave it blank.

G.O.O.

I was like "no one will care" when I went to bed.

America, you so crazy.

It's not even like no one knew he was a misogynist...

Eusis

Out of all the outrageous things he said, this is what Americans get upset about. Whatever, I'll take it.
I have to admit, my reaction on the news breaking out was "great, more bullshit we all knew he was guilty of and is only going to enrage people who already weren't putting up with his bullshit."

And hell, it may still be true to an extent, but the edges are being worn away more rapidly it seems this time, and that publicity and peer pressure may well knock things down to just the white supremacists, MRAs, and various other shitlords.

I have to admit, my reaction on the news breaking out was "great, more bullshit we all knew he was guilty of and is only going to enrage people who already weren't putting up with his bullshit."
I completely dismissed it as a throwaway story that wouldn't change a thing. I don't really get it but fucking finally America. JFC.

I was like "no one will care" when I went to bed.

America, you so crazy.

It's not even like no one knew he was a misogynist...

America has this weird thing where we don't believe anything till it is in audio or video form.

This is in both so its pretty much fucking toaster-time for trump

pigeon

Banned
Well the Clintons and the Trumps are actually friendly to some extent...

donald-hillary-800.jpg

I doubt Hillary wants to destroy the man whose wedding she attended.

This is a really dumb and incoherent argument though. If you're happy to assert that Clinton lies about emails for personal benefit and conceals her political positions for personal benefit, how can you possibly be surprised that she might attend a wedding for personal benefit? Why would you assume she's genuine here when you assume she's lying in all the other situations?

dankir

Can't wait to hear what his dipshit son will say to spin this. Didn't Ivanka say his father is very respectful to women?

lol amazing! BURN BABY BURN!

Trump's been grossly misogynist forever though. He literally has to grab people by the pussy to get them to realize it.

I think there is a societal undercurrent that is deeply resistant to admitting inherent racism / sexism in this country (or any other).

It's almost like if you admit it, it's true, so deny at all costs, type-of-thing.

Denial got Trump all the way to within a month of the election, but I don't see denial flying in the face of this news.

.JayZii

Banned
Not enough people are praising the woman in the video for how well she handled those two creepy numbskulls. Truly the temperament of someone who deals with garbage people on the daily.

Monocle

The ten thousand dollars in donations he gave to Hillary probably helped.
I was just going to say, there's no way would he would be worth her time if he weren't rich.

Not enough people are praising the woman in the video for how well she handled those two creepy numbskulls. Truly the temperament of someone who deals with garbage people on the daily.
Women have been heroically battling stupid creeps since the dawn of time. That awesome lady continues the tradition with flair.

Nordicus

Out of all the outrageous things he said, this is what Americans get upset about. Whatever, I'll take it.
There's only so many votes the GOP will let Donald Trump lose them.

Muslims?
"Fuck em"

Black people and hispanics?
"Eeh, minor loss"

Women?
"STOP EVERYTHING!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom