• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoggy

"Locker room banter" is bad enough and is not ok.

And that's shit like "dog look at that ass I'd climb mt Everest to hit that" and " I could motorboat those titties to cross the Atlantic"

What trump said was basically "just molest her, it's cool, np, you were on tv before you earned it"

Oriel

I see Wikileaks finally released its "big surprise", which turned out to be a big fat nothing. Obviously the timing of this release had nothing to do with this leaked video that's now destroying the Russian candidate's chance of being president. Assange and the rest of the Alties must be enraged. Lol.

El Topo

Even if they did have access to it, Republican primaries are such a complete clownshow that it probably wouldn't have mattered. This is the kind of thing that, while it will kill Trump in a general, might not have even dented him in a primary. This is and will continue to be the fundamental catch-22 of GOP politics.

If you are losing, might as well try whatever you have in your arsenal though, no? If only to save that fragment of dignitiy that is left.

cyba89

It's weird that this is what blows in his face after all the shit he already said and done before during his campaign. I mean he publicly suggested to shoot Hillary Clinton ffs.

So my thinking is, no way Trump voluntarily drops out.

He's going to have to be abandoned by the RNC brass.

And I honestly DO think that will happen, perhaps w Pence at the top of the ticket.

If that doesn't happen, there goes the last remaining grasp I have on reality when it comes to this election. How does that NOT happen at this point? Trump's behaviour up to this point has been inexcusable, but now? GET HIM OFF THE TICKET!

I don't know if they're going to even try. It's pretty much October right now and November is right around the corner. The Republican Party are in too deep now with no escape, and I don't feel sorry for their asses in the slightest. The party voted for this disgusting asshole to be their nominee, and now they have him. And the RNC brass would look terrible to their base, so they are screwed both ways.

Ithil

I see Wikileaks finally released its "big surprise", which turned out to be a big fat nothing. Obviously the timing of this release had nothing to do with this leaked video that's now destroying the Russian candidate's chance of being president. Assange and the rest of the Alties must be enraged. Lol.

What's more, the Trump leak has caused it to barely receive any coverage, and because it's frankly a nothing story, they're not going to go back to it after the Trump stuff dies down (especially when the debate is on Sunday and will dominate the news cycle for next week).

It basically got released at the least effective time. Their last ditch effort and they completely whiffed it.

Oriel

What's more, the Trump leak has caused it to barely receive any coverage, and because it's frankly a nothing story, they're not going to go back to it after the Trump stuff dies down (especially when the debate is on Sunday and will dominate the news cycle for next week).

It basically got released at the least effective time. Their last ditch effort and they completely whiffed it.

Sad!

And pretty much confirms beyond any doubt who Assange is supporting here.

Zach

Why, because I didn't focus on the world of racism you obsess in? Historical perspective encompasses a hell of a lot more than race.

One could almost believe your little tirade against that Ghandi supporter (enabled in part through the accomplishments of MLK Jr. and the CR movement) had you thinking our values and morals had largely progressed past the point you predicate your dismissal of the rest of my post upon. My mistake. We don't view it as acceptable as a nation to publicly lynch anymore, do we? Woman's rights have evolved, haven't they? Give our nation some credit. Unless that "historical perspective" you accuse me ignorant of is only cited in convinient context when it serves your best interests in its revisionism and grudge-holding, yes?

The funny thing is, you use the term "risen from", implying progress in our morals and values, yet then immediately proceed to insinuate my post is rambling nonsense absent the support of those very things due to my lack of historical perspective.

So yes...whatever.
Ultimate Warrior, is that you?

mjp2417

Banned
If you are losing, might as well try whatever you have in your arsenal though, no? If only to save that fragment of dignitiy that is left.

Sure, I'm sure if Rubio/Cruz/Bush had access to this they would have publicized it. I'm just not confident it would have affected the outcome in any meaningful way.

convo

What apology?

"It's a real shame that this came out, but im such a great guy and Bill had slept around 20 years ago, see ya sunday".

All any trump supporter can do is directing attention off themselves to not talk about the mountain of garbage Trump has pilled up. Sadly these people will live for generations to come.

Zoggy

It's weird that this is what blows in his face after all the shit he already said and done before during his campaign. I mean he publicly suggested to shoot Hillary Clinton ffs.
The thing is there is no misinterpretation or "taken out of context" angle with this.

Not even a "yeah he said it but the people he attacked are not as big of a demographic" like the shit he said about Muslims, blacks, Latinos, Asians, lgbt, you name it.

Yeah he's said horrible shit about women and specific women before but they always could do some mental gymnastics about it.

This has no defense , literally none. If your best friend for life said this you'd leave his ass in the dust

Haha, looks like the Russians tried to keep the Bill Clinton Rapist hashtag going but its dropped off hard while the #TrumpTapes is still number one.

Why, because I didn't focus on the world of racism you obsess in? Historical perspective encompasses a hell of a lot more than race.

One could almost believe your little tirade against that Ghandi supporter (enabled in part through the accomplishments of MLK Jr. and the CR movement) had you thinking our values and morals had largely progressed past the point you predicate your dismissal of the rest of my post upon. My mistake. We don't view it as acceptable as a nation to publicly lynch anymore, do we? Woman's rights have evolved, haven't they? Give our nation some credit. Unless that "historical perspective" you accuse me ignorant of is only cited in convinient context when it serves your best interests in its revisionism and grudge-holding, yes?

The funny thing is, you use the term "risen from", implying progress in our morals and values, yet then immediately proceed to insinuate my post is rambling nonsense absent the support of those very things due to my lack of historical perspective.

So yes...whatever.
Uh. What?

My obsession with the world of racism? My "little tirade" against a Ghandi supporter? My interests in revisionism and grudge-holding? What the hell are you even talking about? You write entirely too much for how little you end up actually saying.

Let me bring it back on topic: Your attempt at false equivalence between Trump and Clinton is inane. Your idea that America has fallen into depravity and has morally regressed is also flat out silly. The treatment of minorities was just an ridiculously easy example to reference amongst many. But instead of fortifying your point in response to this you instead go off on some digressive tangent about conversations I've had in other threads?

2oAqBOr.gif

Ain't nobody got time for that.

The thing I don't get about this is why are people acting like he just used bad language about women when he's talking casually about sexually assaulting women like he does it (or used to do it) all the time?

It's not like there weren't multiple women alleging that he was doing exactly the kind of stuff he talks about in the tape and were being ignored for the most part.

Phreaker

I almost feel bad for the Trump surrogates on CNN today. almost...

Everyone knew he was a pig and we heard similar stories from other women, now it's on tape in his own words. This should end him really.

A lot of GOP members have daughters, so they can empathise when he says shit about women. GOP members don't have black, Hispanic, Muslim or gay friends so those insults are just white noise.

Ishan

The thing I don't get about this is why are people acting like he just used bad language about women when he's talking casually about sexually assaulting women like he does it (or used to do it) all the time?

It's not like there weren't multiple women alleging that he was doing exactly the kind of stuff he talks about in the tape and were being ignored for the most part.

From the horses mouth plus actually listening to him say it . Hearing someone is an ass and actually seeing that person being an ass have different impacts .

So the Trumpeters are using #BillClintonIsARapist on Twitter now huh...

The one that he plays golf with and invited to his wedding?

A lot of GOP members have daughters, so they can empathise when he says shit about women. GOP members don't have black, Hispanic, Muslim or gay friends so those insults are just white noise.

They have no empathy, they are covering their own asses. Notice how most of them are still endorsing him.

convo

I almost feel bad for the Trump surrogates on CNN today. almost...

But they obviously have to believe in everything he has to say, that's what supporting him means. They sure as hell can't make him change his tone. If they're gonna support him they can at least act like the minions of a super-villian.

Man Scottie Neil Hughes will say anything as long as those checks keep coming. "No woman woke up this morning affected by this". I guess all the victims of sexual assault never happened.

Even if they did have access to it, Republican primaries are such a complete clownshow that it probably wouldn't have mattered. This is the kind of thing that, while it will kill Trump in a general, might not have even dented him in a primary. This is and will continue to be the fundamental catch-22 of GOP politics.

Republican primaries are auditions for Fox News shows and sales pitches for books. Only a handful of the candidates running are actually interested in the job. The rest are in it to line up four more years of punditry.

Gattsu25

Banned
Man Scottie Neil Hughes will say anything as long as those checks keep coming. "No woman woke up this morning affected by this". I guess all the victims of sexual assault never happened.
When she said that my jaw dropped.

Don't forget, a large swath of her political party find the concept of trigger warnings laughable so maybe she really does refuse to acknowledge that people could be affected by Trump describing his M.O. for sexually assaulting women.

Ambient80

Lewandowski, wow.

Donald Trump's former campaign manager acknowledged Friday that vulgar statements the Republican presidential nominee made about women in 2005 were indefensible, but said the US was not "electing a Sunday school teacher."

"I think the American people know exactly who Donald Trump is," Lewandowski said. "He is a person. And what has been such an attraction to Donald Trump is that he's not a career politician. He doesn't measure every word. He speaks from the heart. He speaks the way, you know many times people talk around their dining room table."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/polit...donald-trump-sunday-school-teacher/index.html

That bolded part... I just can't.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Just think. You're Scottie and you are working until like 2AM spinning bullshit, you hate your life, you know what you are doing is wrong, but you get up at 5AM to get back on TV and spin the same bullshit again for like five days. So sad!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
He speaks from the heart. He speaks the way, you know many times people talk around their dining room table."
These motherfuckers sincerely have zero respect for not only women but themselves as well. Like literally, fucking STOP. This shit is indefensible, they need to have some goddamn dignity for once in their miserable lives.

Erevador

Such a disgrace. Sickening to see this individual gain such prominence in this country. At least now no one can deny what kind of person he is.

SaintR

Was watching CNN for a bit in the morning and there was a panel of 3 women, one of them a Trump surrogate.

She actually said, in a straight face, "No woman is waking up this morning affected by what Donald Trump said"

The other women in the panel almost fell off their seats in disbelief at that statement. My wife was like, how does this woman look at herself in the mirror and say that?! Shit is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom