• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying this is normal, locker room banter... There is a difference between commenting on other people's looks and sharing sexual fantasies/episodes - which can be distasteful in itself - and saying that, when you're feeling horny, you don't even wait for consent. That's sexual assault. That's what this monster is saying. He's saying he can get away with sexual assault because he's a celebrity. There is no way of possibly spinning this. This shit is inadmissible. Tons of what he's said and done is inadmissible, but somehow people have thrown him multiple passes - most scandals can be spinned. This one can't.

RPGCrazied

Just woke up to his "apology". I fucking told you he would bring up Bill's scandal. And LOL he turned the apology video into a stump speech and once again blaming Hillary. For fuck sake man, how much lower can you go.

Apology not accepted.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This is why CNN needs to drop the Trump surrogates they have always on. They have no interest in being objective or even truthful. Their only job is to defend anything and everything Trump does or says and try to spin it back on Hillary. Is this really worth destroying whatever reputation you still have left as a legitimate news channel?

So Trump calling Mexicans a bunch of rapist is just more of him projecting.

Has there been an insult or acussation that he has made that isn't him projecting?

ISOM

What is truly saddening about this whole election is that many in this nation seem to have lost all bearing of moral grounding and framework. Our morals and values are descending into relativistic depravity. These comments made by Trump are disgustingly abhorrent by any measure, and need to be vehemently fought against despite what the other side has done. Yet they are viewed as acceptable by more people that can lend me comfort, and worse, touted as morally superior simply by virtue of contrast to things committed on the flip side that are dispicable as well.

Neither are superior, they never will be, and none of this is morally justifiable. We are so reduced to the "lesser of two evils" that we've convinced ourselves we can do no better, and hence, act disgustingly in turn constantly searching for the new low to "one up" the preceding one.

Have we lost all semblance of standard? Do we no longer accord dignity and respect in values and morals but only look upon and relegate them to ammunition to drive our agendas by the lowest means available? This utter fiasco of an election exemplifies the growth of moral bankruptcy, or at best, exposes it. It is symptomatic of a much more worrisome and deeper rooted issue in our culture than the banter of derision between candidates can ever hope to demonstrate.

Holy shit, you wrote a lot of words to say nothing.

Ambient80

This is why CNN needs to drop the Trump surrogates they have always on. They have no interest in being objective or even truthful. Their only job is to defend anything and everything Trump does or says and try to spin it back on Hillary. Is this really worth destroying whatever reputation you still have left as a legitimate news channel?

One of them is on right now!

Excuse me, two of them. I swear he introduced one of them as a Hillary supporter but I was mistaken.

SaintR

One of them is on right now!

Excuse me, two of them. I swear he introduced one of them as a Hillary supporter but I was mistaken.

The one on the left in the yellow, I forget her name, was the one saying earlier that this doesn't affect women at all. Smh

I watched CNN last night, they humiliated every Trump surrogate they had on. There would be 1 Trump surrogate say something stupid, then 4 of the other panelists would jump on them, including the host.

Ambient80

There probably won't be any reliable polls until later in the week after the debate or early the following week.
Yeah I feel like we'll see the effects of this issue sort of rolled into whatever happens with the debate, as far as polls go. It's the weekend and the debate is tomorrow. Even if a reputable pollster ran a poll, I'm not sure how reliable it would be.

squall23

News channel? The only thing I've been constantly watching on CNN for years is Parts Unknown.

Binabik15

These motherfuckers sincerely have zero respect for not only women but themselves as well. Like literally, fucking STOP. This shit is indefensible, they need to have some goddamn dignity for once in their miserable lives.

Why? Because of some bad words Trump said? Get over yourself PC liberals. Besides the women Trump assaulted this is a victimless crime!

mclem

Wow, the timing of this bombshell news against Trump is so damn good for Clinton. Trump now has to play defense going into the next debate. What I don't understand is what undecided voters need to hear from Clinton and Donald that hasn't already been said, or has already been known about them. Trump is a pure bred scumbag even if you put aside his questionably corrupt business methods.
The other thing that strikes me is that, in the process of drumming in a defense of this into Trump, I bet any of the more policy-based planning and rehearsal will go out of the window.

Ekai

I never realised just how far off the deep end the Dilbert creator had gone:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151504993671/why-does-this-happen-on-my-vacation-the-trump

"8. If the LGBTQ community wants to be a bit more inclusive, I don’t see why “polyamorous alpha male serial kisser” can’t be on the list. If you want to label Drumpf’s sexual behavior “abnormal” you’re on shaky ground."

This shows just how little the righties understand the LGBT community. And also reveals their low opinion of us when they use terminology like "shaky ground".

Vire

CuN-CIJW8AAwoIT.jpg:large

It will be much easier for the GOP to reconcile with voters in 2020 if they shut down Trump now and loses with Pence or some other stiff.

McGullive

Neo Member
this is a disgusting thing to say, presidential candidate or not, and Trump is rightfully going to be hammered for it. im surprised by all the posts in here acting like this is something they could never imagining somebody saying though. you guys make me feel like im the sole witness to all the most heinous utterings on earth. i've heard far worse everywhere ive been from high school, to university, to my current job. what circles do Gaffers socialize in where this type of stuff is super uncommon?

this is a disgusting thing to say, presidential candidate or not, and Trump is rightfully going to be hammered for it. im surprised by all the posts in here acting like this is something they could never imagining somebody saying though. you guys make me feel like im the sole witness to all the most heinous utterings on earth. i've heard far worse everywhere ive been from high school, to university, to my current job. what circles do Gaffers socialize in where this type of stuff is super uncommon?

You commonly hear people talk about sexually assaulting women in a serious predatory manner? Because that's what Trump did, he openly admitted to sexually assaulting women.

pestul

Mr President wants to use his power to walk up and grab a woman by the pussy. This is not normal 'guy' conversation. Certainly not when you're with some one already.

If you regularly hang out with men who frequently and openly admit that they break the law in regards to their conduct towards women, there are a million other things you should probably be doing other than shrugging it off.

Nocebo

I don't understand. I don't understand why people are focusing on that "he said something vulgar". That's not the true extent of it, is it?

Donald is saying that he has sexually harassed and assaulted women. He then boasts that he gets away with it. This is not just talk. It's actions! It is more than just vulgar banter. Another piece of evidence for the case that Donald Trump is unable to control himself too.

Gutek

Next morning, and the fallout was minimal. Reince, Ryan, Pence, and Christie still endorse him.

Chaffetz the only high ranking person that showed integrity in the last 24 hours.

Tamanon

Banned
I mean, just think of this not even on a political level. If Donald Trump was the CEO of a non-family business, he would immediately be called on to stand down. It makes no sense that people would even consider him for the most important leadership position in the nation when he basically exemplifies the use of power as a force for personal gain.

McGullive

Neo Member
You commonly hear people talk about raping women in a serious predatory manner?

maybe in a more joking context, but yeah ive heard people say some vile stuff. in my experiences young straight white men say some awful things. i feel like im definitely not alone in witnessing this

Iorv3th

Mr President wants to use his power to walk up and grab a woman by the pussy. This is not normal 'guy' conversation. Certainly not when you're with some one already.

I take it more of him trying to be some blowhard braggart and claiming 'he gets all the pussy'. Like a frat boy or something.

Has to satisfy that ego by getting (claiming to get) more pussy than the other guy....

In the same thing he claims his "going heavy" on someone "like a bitch" is bringing them furniture shopping.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom