• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Cat

Why is this blowing up bigger than him saying all Mexicans are rapists?
Relatability. Some people do not have a 'theory of mind'--that is, they cannot reason in abstract terms about people who are different from them being conscious and hurting from comments like the above. You can guess who they are.

SDCowboy

maybe in a more joking context, but yeah ive heard people say some vile stuff. in my experiences young straight white men say some awful things. i feel like im definitely not alone in witnessing this

I'm a straight white male, and was once young (though I guess I'm still pretty young 31), and I've never once in my life heard anyone say anything even in that stratosphere.

Dunlop

You commonly hear people talk about sexually assaulting women in a serious predatory manner? Because that's what Trump did, he openly admitted to sexually assaulting women.

this

This wasn't locker room banter as some are trying to portray.

Cheating on his wife is bad, but between them.

Using his status to sexually assault women as he does not believe there will be any repercussions are 1000x worse.

His stance on women are well know, but this is above that.

I'm not clear how anyone could vote for this piece of shit and then try to look at your mother/wife/girlfriend/daughter in the face again.

The Republican party made their choice and now are reaping the consequences

Cindro

maybe in a more joking context, but yeah ive heard people say some vile stuff. in my experiences young straight white men say some awful things. i feel like im definitely not alone in witnessing this
Woo, now we get to the racism! Those damn straight white men, always laughing about their desire to rape women.

This thread has just been the juiciest burger I've tasted in a long long time.

Slayven

It is interesting. This news was release on a Friday(a death sentence for a news story to gain traction) AND displacing news of a once in a 100 years national disaster.

The Kree

Banned

He never said all Mexicans are rapists. He said:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

It did not blow up because it's defensible in a way that these recently revealed comments are not.

Woo, now we get to the racism! Those damn straight white men, always laughing about their desire to rape women.

KKBnThr.png

McGullive

Neo Member
If you regularly hang out with men who frequently and openly admit that they break the law in regards to their conduct towards women, there are a million other things you should probably be doing other than shrugging it off.

my bad, definitely not talking about having done or planning to do awful stuff, but ive heard plenty of horrible "jokes" made in that edgy SWM way. maybe not exactly like how Trump talks about actually committing heinous acts, but when phrased as a "joke", yeah ive heard that alot.

I almost feel bad for the Trump surrogates on CNN today. almost...

Everyone knew he was a pig and we heard similar stories from other women, now it's on tape in his own words. This should end him really.

They have the choice to resign and not have to defend his shit to millions of people. They choose instead to stay on and go on national TV to do so. No sympathy.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I take it more of him trying to be some blowhard braggart and claiming 'he gets all the pussy'. Like a frat boy or something.

Has to satisfy that ego by getting (claiming to get) more pussy than the other guy....

In the same thing he claims his "going heavy" on someone "like a bitch" is bringing them furniture shopping.....

He's bragging how he's force kissing the women and they can't say anything because he's a star. And how he's grabbing their pussies. And in the same video he talking about eating some Tic Tacs and going for the woman that just entered the scene. Just watch at 1:14. He's explaining how he will do something he did before.

This is no joke talking. This is him exposing the way he acts and acting accordingly.

FStubbs

Because his comments are also an offense to white women and Christians. Up until now he's mainly said stuff that pisses off minorities, so there were a lot more people comfortable with glossing it over.

And remember, a good deal of white people hate minorities - in fact it's the (usually unspoken) core of the Republican platform.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I see Michele Bachmann has resumed being terrible on CNN. When asked how she would explain recent Trump events to her daughter she just immediately beings criticizing Hillary. She literally deflected every question about it.

McGullive

Neo Member

i grew up in a suburb that was like 99% white and there was only like 1 gay person in my grade. most of the people i hung around were guys. the people who i have heard talking like this were straight and white and male. i am also a straight white male. fucking relax

One is him basically alleging that Mexico is using illegal immigration as a means to rid itself of its criminals, and the other is him talking about how he can (did) commit sexual assault because he's rich and famous. It's a lot easier to compartmentalize and diminish the former.

pestul

i grew up in a suburb that was like 99% white and there was only like 1 gay person in my grade. most of the people i hung around were guys. the people who i have heard talking like this were straight and white and male. i am also a straight white male. fucking relax
More than one person in your grade was gay. I guarantee it.

While his extreme example of what women would let him do because of his fame/money is clearly hyperbolic and meant to astonish young Billy Bush, it's still inexcusable the way he "over-objectifies" women. Guys can say some pretty crude shit, but combining this crassness with his "power-groping" brag.. I really can't see myself pulling the lever for him regardless of Georgia's shade of red/purple come November.

Johnson/Oh-Weld 2016.

Apdiddy

I'm surprised that no one is going after Billy Bush for egging on Trump. This man is a member of the Bush family (George H.W. Bush is his uncle and George W Bush is his cousin) and any chance of him running for office should be ended.

What Trump said cannot and should not be spinned to 'yeah but the Clintons,' or 'yeah but Benghazi soldiers' or 'yeah but emails.'

This won't be a debate Sunday. It'll be a massacre. It completely derails any and all arguments Trump has for him to be elected as president. He doesn't deserve to be president. He doesn't even deserve to be famous anymore.

After 2016 elections, Melania Trump will divorce Donald Trump. We'll probably get more 'insider's view' of Trump's campaign from tell-alls, etc.

Cindro

This is art
An excellent and well thought-out rebuttal.

Disgusting and awful men who victimize and women come from every creed, race, and background. To imply it's a sentiment mainly carried out by white guys (as opposed to terrible human beings in general) is absurd and, uh, clearly racist.

diaspora

I'm surprised that no one is going after Billy Bush for egging on Trump. This man is a member of the Bush family (George H.W. Bush is his uncle and George W Bush is his cousin) and any chance of him running for office should be ended.

What Trump said cannot and should not be spinned to 'yeah but the Clintons,' or 'yeah but Benghazi soldiers' or 'yeah but emails.'

This won't be a debate Sunday. It'll be a massacre. It completely derails any and all arguments Trump has for him to be elected as president. He doesn't deserve to be president. He doesn't even deserve to be famous anymore.

After 2016 elections, Melania Trump will divorce Donald Trump. We'll probably get more 'insider's view' of Trump's campaign from tell-alls, etc.
Bush isn't running for president, and his apology was better than Trump's.

While his extreme example of what women would let him do because of his fame/money is clearly hyperbolic and meant to astonish young Billy Bush, it's still inexcusable the way he "over-objectifies" women. Guys can say some pretty crude shit, but combining this crassness with his "power-groping" brag.. I really can't see myself pulling the lever for him regardless of Georgia's shade of red/purple come November.

Johnson/Oh-Weld 2016.
So that's the last name of Johnson's running mate.

shiba5

I'd love to know how much money his businesses are losing right now. I certainly won't ever book a room at one of his hotels.

mjfor40

Dude is going to lose his job on the Today show (70% female audience?), wont get another job for a while (except on the forthcoming Trump TV channel) and Jeb wants to disown him for not telling him about this 10 months ago. He's in a bad place right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom