• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

mjfor40

I'd love to know how much money his businesses are losing right now. I certainly won't ever book a room at one of his hotels.

Mark Cuban is adamant this is happening already and his brand will be literally = dog shit in the near future. Too bad for the trump kids. Sad!

Cindro

i grew up in a suburb that was like 99% white and there was only like 1 gay person in my grade. most of the people i hung around were guys. the people who i have heard talking like this were straight and white and male. i am also a straight white male. fucking relax
I've heard plenty of those talks too in my life, also coming from a primarily white neighborhood/society, but that's just the demographic makeup of where I happen to live. Maybe I misunderstood the comment, but surely you recognize women have had to suffer through awful sentiments at the hands of men from all over the globe since time immemorial?

It just seems to be doing the concept a disservice to imply it's worse amongst a specific race. Ladies have to put up with this heinous garbage everywhere, and it sucks.

Mahonay

Banned
I'd love to know how much money his businesses are losing right now. I certainly won't ever book a room at one of his hotels.
Sadly there's still plenty of people that don't give a shit.

Hell, there's been a number of people here in this very thread suggesting this is just a case of "guy talk" and no big deal at all.

Squire

Banned
While his extreme example of what women would let him do because of his fame/money is clearly hyperbolic and meant to astonish young Billy Bush, it's still inexcusable the way he "over-objectifies" women. Guys can say some pretty crude shit, but combining this crassness with his "power-groping" brag.. I really can't see myself pulling the lever for him regardless of Georgia's shade of red/purple come November.

Johnson/Oh-Weld 2016.

Nah, we don't have to give him this benefit of the doubt.

Uh. What?

My obsession with the world of racism? My "little tirade" against a Ghandi supporter? My interests in revisionism and grudge-holding? What the hell are you even talking about? You write entirely too much for how little you end up actually saying.

Let me bring it back on topic: Your attempt at false equivalence between Trump and Clinton is inane. Your idea that America has fallen into depravity and has morally regressed is also flat out silly. The treatment of minorities was just an ridiculously easy example to reference amongst many. But instead of fortifying your point in response to this you instead go off on some digressive tangent about conversations I've had in other threads?

2oAqBOr.gif

Ain't nobody got time for that.

What?

"Fortifying my position" to a post that afforded no substance and brought to bear nothing pertinent to productive discourse? Are you for real?

I know the reference to the past treatment of minorities was a ridiculously easy example for you, which is why it needs to be exposed as your underlying persecution complex is blatantly apparent. My op mentioned nothing of it, yet you arbitrarily introduced it and then claimed a lack of perspective on my part based on it. What the fuck are YOU on about? Firstly, how do you come to that conclusion when the disparity between minority rights from past to present has improved markedly, and secondly claim me ignorant of history by it? That you admitted you didn't finish what I wrote because of our nation's past racial problems proves that you see everything through a racial lens, to use to toss aside or argue anything that doesn't support your own narrative.

You didn't substantiate your position, instead you played race to make a worthless drive-by shitpost in dismissal. The user in the other thread brought up Ghandi, and you immediately leapt on him, accusing him of supporting Ghandi's racist positions early in life, further demonstrating that you are obsessed with race and it resides at the forefront of whatever you choose to engage in. You are looking for any excuse, don't bullshit yourself.

This will be an account suicide. Fine. Users report me, mods indulge me, post some "Bye Bitch" Disney GIFs for your collective amusement, and I'll laugh right alongside. Unfortunately, I've no bukkake GIFs at the moment to share for assured banhammer-age, but this will suffice far past necessity I suspect. This corner of the net is far too facist in moderation and clique-ish in membership to wish to continue. It's no wonder the rest of the net views Gaf as a refuge of elitist, condescending asshats, as many of you are.

Trust me, I'll not miss any of you more than you'll miss me. A mutual good-riddance.

As Fernand would say, "It's actually quite...liberating...wouldn't you agree?"

McGullive

Neo Member
More than one person in your grade was gay. I guarantee it.

haha probably, but i graduated with like 80 kids and only one was openly gay. regardless, my point is that i heard a lot of fucked up shit hanging around straight white guys who i was around alot in school and sports. everyone seems to be coming at me like im somehow responsible for hearing their bullshit, but when i got to college, i heard similar shit and was on the opposite side of the country. im just wondering if Gaf experiences this too or not, im not trying to downplay Trumps awfulness, but alot of people are acting like i am to somehow prove their ethical supperiority

McGullive

Neo Member
I've heard plenty of those talks too in my life, also coming from a primarily white neighborhood/society, but that's just the demographic makeup of where I happen to live. Maybe I misunderstood the comment, but surely you recognize women have had to suffer through awful sentiments at the hands of men from all over the globe since time immemorial?

It just seems to be doing the concept a disservice to imply it's worse amongst a specific race. Ladies have to put up with this heinous garbage everywhere, and it sucks.

lol yes, i do know all that and yes, u did misunderstand the comment. all i was wondering was if other people had witnessed this type of stuff firsthand like i had, because a lot of posters in here seemed like they could never imagine someone saying something like this in real life.

edit: ive also heard sexist stuff from minorities of course, i was just using SWM as an example because ive been around them most and i was also thinking of all the horrible homophobia and racism ive heard from them

Surfinn

Lol first thing I said to my GF was that people are going to excuse this as "boys being boys". No less than 5 min later we hear some woman on the radio who says she's heard much worse at her construction site job (she claims that's just how men are when together) and that we should apparently focus on what "really matters, like emails and the Clinton foundation".

Well that didn't take long. I'm starting to believe in humanity less and less every day..

shiba5

I live in the D.C. area and am looking forward to the day he has to sell his new Trump hotel here (the one he tricked the media into advertising). Apparently no one wants anything to do with it.

RPGCrazied

Lol first thing I said to my GF was that people are going to excuse this as "boys being boys". No less than 5 min later we hear some woman on the radio who says she's heard much worse at her construction site job and that we should apparently focus on what "really matters, like emails and the Clinton foundation".

Well rusty didn't take long. I'm starting to believe in humanity less and less every day..

He wasn't a boy though, he was 60 when he said this, 60!!! Even still nobody should say this, even boys.

Nah, we don't have to give him this benefit of the doubt.
I've been around these types. They have an innate desire to constantly talk themselves up.. what they could do because of their fame/status/money. This conversation came off that way to me. It's not unusual, but I refuse to vote for someone whom I know has this trait.. it's also obvious he's overcompensating and I don't need a POTUS shooting down Russian MIGS over Syria because his balls hang lower than his penis.

gcubed

i've heard some vile shit in a locker room before as well.

Guess what? I wouldn't vote for a single one of the fuckers who would talk like Trump talks

this line of defense is as stupid as it sounds, and is perfect for Trump supporters due to their low IQ and lack of reasoning ability

Mahonay

Banned
Lol first thing I said to my GF was that people are going to excuse this as "boys being boys". No less than 5 min later we hear some woman on the radio who says she's heard much worse at her construction site job and that we should apparently focus on what "really matters, like emails and the Clinton foundation".

Well that didn't take long. I'm starting to believe in humanity less and less every day..
It makes me sad hearing so many people come to the defense of this, but I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

At least lawmakers aren't rushing to his defense.

haha probably, but i graduated with like 80 kids and only one was openly gay. regardless, my point is that i heard a lot of fucked up shit hanging around straight white guys who i was around alot in school and sports. everyone seems to be coming at me like im somehow responsible for hearing their bullshit, but when i got to college, i heard similar shit and was on the opposite side of the country. im just wondering if Gaf experiences this too or not, im not trying to downplay Trumps awfulness, but alot of people are acting like i am to somehow prove their ethical supperiority

I've personally never heard talk like that OFF the internet, and certainly nothing suggesting sexual assault, but I think we should stop comparing a 59 year old married man with a baby on the way, and a shady history, to teenagers or 20-somethings in a "locker-room".

RPGCrazied

Asked my dad (a staunch republican) what he thought.

"It's better than leaking emails to Russia."

Oh well.

I just lold

If I had a father like that we would begin to start to have a rocky relationship. I wouldn't put up with this, even from family members.

I've been around these types. They have an innate desire to constantly talk themselves up.. what they could do because of their fame/status/money. This conversation came off that way to me. It's not unusual, but I refuse to vote for someone whom I know has this trait.. it's also obvious he's overcompensating and I don't need a POTUS shooting down Russian MIGS over Syria because his balls hang lower than his penis.

So, are you're saying, it was this(as if it's actually shocking), and none of the other garbage he's being spewing all his life that finally swayed you? Are you serious?

ISOM

Asked my dad (a staunch republican) what he thought.

"It's better than leaking emails to Russia."

Oh well.

I just lold

Lol, Trump literally asked Russia to hack her emails. How the fuck does people have such cognitive dissonance that they don't put the two together. But it's all Hillary. Jesus

SeanR1221

If I had a father like that we would begin to start to have a rocky relationship. I wouldn't put up with this, even from family members.

I mean, I'm a grown man who sees his parents once a week to grab some food. I'm not cutting off my dad because he hates Clinton. Plus there's little to no chance Trump takes PA so I don't even care.

I just find the cognitive dissonance funny.

Uh. What?

My obsession with the world of racism? My "little tirade" against a Ghandi supporter? My interests in revisionism and grudge-holding? What the hell are you even talking about? You write entirely too much for how little you end up actually saying.

Let me bring it back on topic: Your attempt at false equivalence between Trump and Clinton is inane. Your idea that America has fallen into depravity and has morally regressed is also flat out silly. The treatment of minorities was just an ridiculously easy example to reference amongst many. But instead of fortifying your point in response to this you instead go off on some digressive tangent about conversations I've had in other threads?

2oAqBOr.gif

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Man, I got to say I love reading your posts. I hope you are having a good Saturday morning.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I can't believe the Clinton campaign has been silent on this the whole time. What discipline! Lol.

meppi

Time for another name change.

I look forward to visiting Shrumpf Tower in a few years.

I's prefer he'd go with Strumpf myself.

I can't believe the Clinton campaign has been silent on this the whole time. What discipline! Lol.

The other side is doing plenty of damage themselves, so there's no need to waste much energy on this at this time.
Everything is probably going into prep for what we'll see tomorrow and the following week.

Tigress

Lol first thing I said to my GF was that people are going to excuse this as "boys being boys". No less than 5 min later we hear some woman on the radio who says she's heard much worse at her construction site job (she claims that's just how men are when together) and that we should apparently focus on what "really matters, like emails and the Clinton foundation".

I'd respond back why don't we focus on why these attitudes are so prevalent and accepted. Maybe cause people keep dismissing it rather than seeing how horrible it really is. And hat a president with these attitudes is not a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom