• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse.

wilflare

EatChildren said:
Any Steam key deals going around? AU prices are, as always, out of this world.

if you wanna get it on Steam and need help with regional pricing, just add me on Steam: wilflare

this is the first time a game releases earlier for my region but i have yet to order ><

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Herla said:
G2PLAY has them for 40% off right now, but I don't know how much of a deal that is in other countries (it's 30€ here, so pretty good).

More than half the local price. Excellent.

wilflare said:
if you wanna get it on Steam and need help with regional pricing, just add me on Steam: wilflare

Whats the local pricing for you? US I assume.

Keiician said:
It's 29.99$ on CDKeys discount. Seems legit if the CD Key self-giving thread is to be believed.

A third of the local price. Double excellent.

EDIT: Oh, and for those wondering, the Aussie price on Steam is ninety fucking US dollars.

EatChildren said:
Any Steam key deals going around? AU prices are, as always, out of this world.

I don't know if this'll work for you but due to my region I can get it from Impulse for 30.50€...

Edit: Oh, much cheaper to get it from the other guys :)

wilflare

EatChildren said:

EDIT: Oh, and for those wondering, the Aussie price on Steam is ninety fucking US dollars.

the usual 50USD :D
(i get the normal USD prices except for EA games -EA as usual ><-)

Any reviews or comments on how long the campaign is? Trying to figure out what to get this week and I kind of fear the MP on this is not going to be all that great or have longevity. The SP is what interests me the most right now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Aaand bought!

This game is gonna own.

EatChildren

Keiician said:
Where did you buy it/did you get a key already? ;d

The aforementioned CDKeys Discount. Cost me just under AU$30, which is about a third of what the regional pricing on Steam is. Hell, its less than the goddamn digital guide.

Darklord

Banned
Played the demo, man that's pretty boss. Has anyone ever had issues with cdkeysdiscount.com? I might buy it there.

Edit: Shogun 2 is $17 on that site? Holy fucking shit!

derFeef

EatChildren said:
Aaand bought!

This game is gonna own.
Sweet. And yeah, this game will own. Watched parts of that "part 3" clip again and holy cow does the plasma pistol sound amazing.

Twinduct

EatChildren said:

Wtf? Ausgaf: dedicated Mother fuckers!

EatChildren

Castor Krieg said:
Did you get the key immediately and did it register fine with Steam?

Instantly, and I'm pre-loading now.

derFeef said:
More people need to join the Steam group...
You have my chainsword.

Am busy as hell, but it'll be nice to relieve some workday stress by disemboweling a few thousand Orks. Waaaaaarrrrrgggh is right.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm in the Steam group, y'all should add me since I'll be playing a lot of mutiplayer if it doesn't totally suck. This should should be unlocked by the time I get out of work (8-9 hours), I'm hyped. I might go on a killing spree with a chainsword to celebrate the occasion.

Herla

EatChildren said:

Oh well, cancelling my preorder on G2PLAY...I don't want to wait 'til friday.

edit: I'm also in the Steam group, name is Reight

anddo0 said:
Is the free copy of Darksiders still in affect?

I purchased the game via THQ yesterday. Just wondering if I'll have another copy now.

Free Darksiders is only given to people who pre-ordered on Steam.

derFeef

Herla said:
Oh well, cancelling my preorder on G2PLAY...I don't want to wait 'til friday.

edit: I'm also in the Steam group, name is Reight
It does not change your unlock time, though.

Torraz

Sorely tempted regarding the cdkeydiscount offer, but why do they also want address details + phone number etc. if the code is getting sent by e-mail? This is triggering my sketch-alarm.

Shuusui

Really don't want to pre-order this from GameStop. Can't a friend who works there just hook me up? Had them do that in the past.....

Doesn't steam from time to time revoke/ban these keys that come from not authorised reseller (mostly russian/ east european ones)?

Herla

MesserWolf said:
Doesn't steam from time to time revoke/ban these key that come from not authorised reseller (mostly russian/ east european ones)?

From what I understand that's just a rumor originated from Activision bitching about russian Call of Duty keys or something, but nothing happened for other games.

btw, got my key instantly and I'm preloading. Too bad G2PLAY just gives you store credit...

MesserWolf said:
Doesn't steam from time to time revoke/ban these keys that come from not authorised reseller (mostly russian/ east european ones)?

Well, EatChildren is from Australia if I'm correct, and he successfuly registered the game on Steam. Meaning it's not a Russian/E.European key.

Also, since I won't be able to play this until Sunday morning I'm relying on you guys for SP and MP impressions. Need to get some feedback before I buy.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:
Alright, you made me do it. If i get banned, you will suffer! Registration was quick and painless from Germany, if anyone cares.

Chinner

Banned
you guys are going to hate me... i've played the demo and the combat is really fun and stuff... but is there more to the game than just mindless, stylis' killin'?

Kalnos

Banned
Chinner said:
you guys are going to hate me... i've played the demo and the combat is really fun and stuff... but is there more to the game than just mindless, stylis' killin'?

Nope.

Chinner said:

The game is the same as every other 3rd person action-adventure, with a mix of melee and ranged combat (you need to melee in order to regain lost health). From what I saw in the demo it also promises to throw a lot more enemies at you than God of War, or Gears. Ofc the big draw is Warhammer 40k universe, which makes me think the game will be fairly successful on PC at least.

Unity2012 said:

The comments from people there are terrible. Plus, Jim tries hard to pick on things. I didn't know Destructoid got so bad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Chinner said:
Judging by the universe that this takes place in, no.

Tokubetsu

Chinner said:

There is only war.

Chinner said:
I don't think so.

MedIC86

Chinner said:

yes there is..

PinkSpaceMarine.jpg

OF COURSE NOT ! IN THE GRIM FUTURE OF 40K THERE IS ONLY WAR!

zoner said:
You mean Relic isn't going to build my 40K City Sim?

"Welcome governor, it is now your turn. Would you like to:

1. Send 1000 Psychers to Terra?

2. Begin producing a Titan?

WARNING: Ork fleet discovered nearby. Please recruit 5 million IGs to survive the initial attack. You have 5 turns to do that."

Darklord

Banned
Chinner said:

You get a jet pack and launch into the air THEN REIGN DOWN HELLFIRE AS YOU HACK AND CARVE YOUR ENEMIES IN HALF AFTER YOU SMASH INTO THE GROUND AND THE FEW THAT FLEE YOUR MIGHTY CHAINSAW YOU AIM AT THE BACKS OF THEIR HEADS AND REMOVE THEM OF THEIR BRAIN MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to answer your question, no.

MedIC86

Castor Krieg said:
"Welcome governor, it is now your turn. Would you like to:

1. Send 1000 Psychers to Terra?

2. Begin producing a Titan?

WARNING: Ork fleet discovered nearby. Please recruit 5 million IGs to survive the initial attack. You have 5 turns to do that."

you forget option 3.

3. Sacrifice 40 milion IG's to buy the fleet an hour of time to counter attack :p

Top Bottom