• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse.

Boogdud

According to steam ~2500 people are playing right now... wth? I wanted to get the best buy chaos skins but the prospect of actually getting to play tonight (before midnight) might be too much!

M.J. Doja

Banned
So.. P2P matchmaking on PC's? I missed whatever news transpired over the weekend but this is the first I heard of it. WTF relic?

M.J. Doja said:
So.. P2P matchmaking on PC's? I missed whatever news transpired over the weekend but this is the first I heard of it. WTF relic?
Well the reviews are still to be seen .... to be honest I don't even read them anymore (I rely on user reviews of people I trust) , but this secrecy it's making me nervous . What do they have to hide ?

derFeef

daedalius said:
On a scale of 1-10: 40,000
Pretty much. Playing on hard and died once sadly (damn cheevos). Story is what you expect, nothing special so far except that the Imperials trade you as godlike and are stunned by your sight. Combat is maybe even more snappy than in the demo, but my mind could trick me.

I'll finish this mission and then off to bed, as I am tired and it's 1am. Saving that gem for tomorrow.

edit: got jumpack, must play longer :p

M.J. Doja

Banned
SapientWolf said:
It's only 8v8 though.

well my upstream isnt godlike or anything so I'm only hoping it doesnt take a monster connection to have a good 8v8 game with no lag. of course.. how would that be possible unless everybody lived in my region? (west coast)

we'll see. sp will grab me initially anyway so no worries for now.

daedalius

Gav47 said:
Wow that's much better, The Destructoid stream was running at like 20 fps.

The girl playing on destructoid's stream is also terrible, and apparently has no idea how to stun/execute, also the stream chat is filled with idiots.

LEGGZZZZ

zoner said:
40K-gaf tonight
v30spi.gif

Be right back, I have to post this in the Resistance 3 thread as well.

Damnit - my pre-load just did another small download and the pre-load button turned into a PLAY button, but its still locked.

What a fucking tease.

Would've been good timing too since Darksiders just crashed on me ;P

derFeef

Kill 40,000 enemies in the game (all game modes combined).
375 / 40,000

Well... this is doable.

Also, ammo can get sparse on hard, Orks eat a lot of Bolter rounds.

edit: I meant sparse -.-

Bufbaf said:

I knew there was something sinister about the ponies. Nothing could have spread that fast without a little help.

On-Topic: I hope we get a good look at the Adeptus Mechanicus. They were always the one of my favorite things about the setting.

Salazar

NullPointer said:
Damnit - my pre-load just did another small download and the pre-load button turned into a PLAY button, but its still locked.

I am inspired to finish my pre-load, just in case.

derFeef

Snkfanatic said:
Has anything been said about how long the game is supposed to be? I love the demo
I reached chapter 3 (of 17) in 70 minutes. I suspect it will get harder and the chapters also longer maybe, so 8-10 hours is a fair guess.

Corto

derFeef said:
I agree, Corto. (damn, need sleep)

So do I hehehehe That was what kept me from going further. I also stopped at 3rd chapter like you. This game should have unlock on a Saturday damn it!

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Pulled the trigger on a pre order to get the game at midnight from Gamestop. When the clock strikes 12 it's clobberin' time.

Salsa

573c6ea55a3dc37287523294cb33ed893ac704da.PNG

hype machine got to me

i basically made the last jump based on how good was the performance on the PC demo. Been encountering some shoddy ports lately and this was just fucking great. Not a single framerate drop with tons of orks on screen. Only thing lacking was AA but that can always be arranged.

Hype!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn.... trying to decide if i should get this from D2D. i already have dead island for tomorrow.... hmmm
I just bought it from D2D a second ago. Pre-loading like a boss right now. You know what to do...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, it looks pretty rad on PC. My only complaint is the 720P HUD, it's way too big and it's too close to the center of the screen. I play on a 1080p monitor, I don't need a huge HUD blocking all the good stuff.

But whatever, it's not a major issue. It didn't stop me from playing the demo for three hours. :)

Boogdud

Does anyone know if you can actually buy the collector's edition anywhere other than thq? I'm thinking of picking one up at best buy if available, if not I might just pull the trigger on steam.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Boogdud said:
Does anyone know if you can actually buy the collector's edition anywhere other than thq? I'm thinking of picking one up at best buy if available, if not I might just pull the trigger on steam.

THQ is the only place to get it that I'm aware of, but it's a waste of money bud.

AEREC

Snuggler said:
Yeah, it looks pretty rad on PC. My only complaint is the 720P HUD, it's way too big and it's too close to the center of the screen. I play on a 1080p monitor, I don't need a huge HUD blocking all the good stuff.

But whatever, it's not a major issue. It didn't stop me from playing the demo for three hours. :)

ya that was my only complaint from the demo too...it tends to be a little distracting. Hopefully they patch by the time I am able to play it which is this upcoming weekend.

Boogdud

Alienshogun said:
THQ is the only place to get it that I'm aware of, but it's a waste of money bud.

Yeah, I know it's not much of a value. But I'm a sucker for that type of thing, especially when it comes to warhammer/40k. Doubt It'll be an issue since I lack the patience to wait for it to ship anyway.

jediyoshi

Just to reiterate for anyone else buying it last minute to preload
It's available on D2D for $38.21 with promo code retail15
You don't get the Blood Ravens armor for DoW, but you still get a copy of Darksiders

wilflare

jediyoshi said:
Just to reiterate for anyone else buying it last minute to preload
It's available on D2D for $38.21 with promo code retail15
You don't get the Blood Ravens armor for DoW, but you still get a copy of Darksiders

darn D2D ain't accepting my monehhh :/

excellent deal though!

Salsa

f8a1251a8702d2ef7d7e146bbf3a0bff07cc2181.PNG

so now i get a separate south american release date rather than universal-america one or whatever?

what the fuck?

this is bullshit ;_;

Ken

SalsaShark said:
http://i.picpar.com/f8a1251a8702d2ef7d7e146bbf3a0bff07cc2181.PNG[IMG]

so now i get a separate south american release date rather than universal-america one or whatever?

what the fuck?

this is bullshit ;_;[/QUOTE]

Same release date as me despite being able to just go out right now and grab a console copy. ]:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SalsaShark said:

what the fuck?

this is bullshit ;_;
Interesting, it's definitely unlocking in 4 hours for New Englanders.

I caved and ordered from CDKeysdiscount. Used paypal for payment and the transaction went through perfectly! I will be using them again for sure.

Can't wait to play this tomorrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is this site legit?

I had no problems with it what so ever and after reading good feedback from this thread even about the site I tried it and I am happy I did.

I have never gotten into the Warhammer series. After playing this demo and buying this game I think I want to try some of the other titles out. Anyone have any recommendations for the rest of the series?

Top Bottom