• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse.

Fjordson

Unity2012 said:
I got it for the X360 and it runs&looks great. What a great job with the environments, tones and overall feel--barely touched the surface of the game so far. The MP customization alone is going to take a big chunk of my life, lol!

Tonight some SP and tomorrow str8 to MP so there are more friends online. The day is finally here.

Thank you Relic and THQ.
Ohhh man, I can't wait.

Booshka

Interested to see MP impressions. I could use a new, good and unique MP shooter. Hopefully some of the networking growing pains are sorted out quickly. If they are severe enough they could really cripple the game's online community, the first few weeks are pivotal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those still waiting on the game to unlock can use the VPN trick if they wish to play it now.

Edit: I just bought a Space Marine key myself (thanks to noise36 for the heads up).

JaseC

Salazar said:
It involves an element of risk, no ?

Perhaps, but the accounts of those who used it to play DE:HR earlier than intended seem to have escaped the wrath of Newell and his knife collection.

Truant

JaseC said:
Perhaps, but the accounts of those who used it to play DE:HR earlier than intended seem to have escaped the wrath of Newell and his knife collection.

No issues here. Unlocked the game with VPN on, went offline-mode untill the game actually unlocked in my region. I'm using Steam in online-mode right now. No issues.

JaseC

Truant said:
No issues here. Unlocked the game with VPN on, went offline-mode untill the game actually unlocked in my region. I'm using Steam in online-mode right now. No issues.

See, a case in point! :)

Salazar

JaseC said:

I will grit my teeth and hold out.

My mind is strong. My soul is secure.

Someone do me a grand, billowing favour and tweet Raph van Lierop, asking if the co-op can be solo-ed. I'll gift two (good) Steam games to someone who gets an answer.

Dina

NullPointer said:
Prepare for battle brothers.

fo2b95.jpg

I'll know little of factions, but The Black Librarians have the ballest (?) colourscheme of them all.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Glass Rebel said:
They will fix it. Believe.

They can do whatever they want to the matchmaking, it doesn't change the fact that the multiplayer is peer to peer instead of dedicated servers. The PC community will abandon this right quick.

Salazar said:

Someone do me a grand, billowing favour and tweet Raph van Lierop, asking if the co-op can be solo-ed. I'll gift two (good) Steam games to someone who gets an answer.

Shot him a tweet, I'll let you know if he answers.

zon

Ordered a cdkey from cdkeyshere for £14.99. Quite a difference compared to the €49.99 Steam wants me to pay.

Come friday I shall kill, burn and purge the enemies of Man. For the Emperor!

Salazar

Pylon_Trooper said:
Shot him a tweet, I'll let you know if he answers.

Sterling. They do say "up to four players" - which suggests that one doesn't need a full team in order to start a game. Which would be a slightly silly impediment to place before a game that is already going to be pressed by competitive online MP alternatives.

Glass Rebel said:
I know, but is there really no chance that they put it in in a later patch?

They've been pretty damned emphatic that this set-up is how it is going to be. Of course, it wouldn't be a good look for them to come out pre-release saying "yeah, we're just going to give this a shot". But they seem set on this - probably THQ rather than Relic, that is.

wilflare

Salazar said:

you are really generous oO

Salazar said:
They've been pretty damned emphatic that this set-up is how it is going to be. Of course, it wouldn't be a good look for them to come out pre-release saying "yeah, we're just going to give this a shot". But they seem set on this - probably THQ rather than Relic, that is.

*sigh* Oh well. To Level 41 it is then.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Still waiting for my key, damn. Too bad it will be offline mode until thursday, but I'll have to cope with it.

Sinatar

Salazar said:
Elaborate. Evidently, it fucks orks up.

spacemarine2011-09-060gult.jpg

It's like a fiery plasma shotgun of death.

Man they gave me the Thunder Hammer and it was god damned amazing. Just absolutely wrecks shop, then they bloody take it away and not only do they take it away but they don't give you your power axe back, oh no, it's chainsword time again.

Bastiches.

Salazar

Sinatar said:
It's like a fiery plasma shotgun of death.

Man they gave me the Thunder Hammer and it was god damned amazing. Just absolutely wrecks shop, then they bloody take it away and not only do they take it away but they don't give you your power axe back, oh no, it's chainsword time again.

Awesome. I prefer the chainsword to the power axe - but then again, that was in the demo, and I expect the melee to be a little more demanding in the full game.

Is it the same giveth and taketh thing with the guns ? Seems like you should just upgrade to the beefier stuff - because who the hell prefers a bolter pistol to a melta ?

¨Multiplayer please be good. please be good. please be good.

Im so sick of tagged on multiplayer modes. I dont mind team deathmatch simple games. they just need to have good flow.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
zon said:
Ordered a cdkey from cdkeyshere for £14.99. Quite a difference compared to the €49.99 Steam wants me to pay.

Come friday I shall kill, burn and purge the enemies of Man. For the Emperor!

Awesome, never heard of that site before and have ordered from there! Cheers.

Sinatar

Salazar said:
Awesome. I prefer the chainsword to the power axe - but then again, that was in the demo, and I expect the melee to be a little more demanding in the full game.

Is it the same giveth and taketh thing with the guns ? Seems like you should just upgrade to the beefier stuff - because who the hell prefers a bolter pistol to a melta ?

No they've left the guns be. The melta is great but it's very short range and has low ammo so you can't exactly rock it all the time. It also seems that each gun is assigned to a specific slot so you can't replace whatever gun slot with what you find, like the Melta has to go in slot 3 and replace the Stalker Bolter. The Lascannon also goes in slot 3 replacing either of those.

That being said, the Lascannon is by far the best gun I've found so far, it's incredibly powerful.

Reached Level 4 in MP and spent some time with the customizer. It's nice I guess but I prefer my Space Wolves pre-order skin. Playing with a controller on PC is not enjoyable at all in MP.

Now waiting for that Relic guy to answer about the co-op. Also, fuck Yoshinori Ono. I don't know why I followed him on twitter.

Top Bottom