• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

Joni

The way they sell it sounds like that injuries shouldn't go beyond the severity of getting punched in the face with a sock 'em bopper. Even in fiction, getting knocked out and receiving a shallow cut should be at around the same level of severity but they aren't treated as such here.
William flew backwards from getting shot and it felt like he got shot.

duckroll

I get that. But those are the exceptions to the rule. Putting aside the handful of malfunctions we have seen vs. the hundreds of ongoing loops, guests are in no danger from hosts. That includes the rope hanging, getting your head knocked a bit, getting punched by Confederates, etc. There was a line somewhere about the last park incident (death?) having been 30 years ago from the present time period.

I dunno, I think it's weird people are arguing against the established fact that the park is literally running in safe mode fur guests, barring the rare malfunctions (which still haven't gotten anyone killed on screen).

I don't think anyone is arguing against that, it's just that what the show says and what the show shows differs enough that it's clear that part of the intent is that we wonder whether any specific thing is part of the game, or a potential defect that could be an actual threat. When you have hosts getting more and more aggressive, going off script, and then starting to actually hurt people, everything starts bleeding together. The horse was clearly part of the game, and you can see the tells when you analyze it. But I don't blame people for having the first impression of "shit that looks really dangerous", because the narrative creates that messaging deliberately.

I'm sure this has been discussed 100 pages back, but I jsut watched the episode last night. Is it just me or is Teddy actually Wyatt? Like they're the same person?

Solo

I'm sure this has been discussed 100 pages back, but I jsut watched the episode last night. Is it just me or is Teddy actually Wyatt? Like they're the same person?

"They can't see what hurts them".

Seems like that extends into memory too. It's either Teddy or Dolores who kills everyone, or both, but that's too painful to accept, so enter "Wyatt".

Mega

Banned
William flew backwards from getting shot and it felt like he got shot.

He had a light, sore bruise. It wasn't pain on the scale of an actual gunshot wound.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that, it's just that what the show says and what the show shows differs enough that it's clear that part of the intent is that we wonder whether any specific thing is part of the game, or a potential defect that could be an actual threat. When you have hosts getting more and more aggressive, going off script, and then starting to actually hurt people, everything starts bleeding together. The horse was clearly part of the game, and you can see the tells when you analyze it. But I don't blame people for having the first impression of "shit that looks really dangerous", because the narrative creates that messaging deliberately.

I don't blame people for having the initial impression either... I only see an issue in someone continuing to fight against the established logic in this fictional world. It's like TWD and how the zombies should have long been decayed and gone... but they haven't and you just have to accept that they persist somehow. And that show has put in far less effort at explaining its oddities than WestWorld.

I agree that we're misled into not knowing what is or isn't off script (like we're being misled with the various time periods). That monster boss fight seemed real and very dangerous that I wondered if MIB could have really died from some of its attacks. Probably not.

Zoe

Seems kike that extends into memory too. It's either Teddy or Dolores who kills everyone, or both, but that's too painful to accept, so enter "Wyatt".

It also works well as a part of the guest's narrative as well, though I'm not sure a guest would benefit much from seeing him make that revelation.

He had a light, sore bruise. It wasn't pain on the scale of an actual gunshot wound.

The technology seems to have gotten better over the past 30 years such that they don't seem to make an impact at all anymore.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wyatt definitely has to be a charater that we know, a character that important can't just be some rando we've only seen for a few seconds.

Seems like that extends into memory too. It's either Teddy or Dolores who kills everyone, or both, but that's too painful to accept, so enter "Wyatt".

There's that, but there was a lot more clues. Like the girl kills him and she says "We're glad to have you back, but you're not ready. Maybe in the next life." Then kills him. Then she says "When Wyatt returns...". Then we see the flashback of Teddy killing everyone.

If you go even further back, you recall that Teddy's entire mission is to find Wyatt because he has Dolores, and now here Dolores is at the same scene where wyatt (and I guess Teddy because of the flashback) kills everyone, and she's looking around like she remembers stuff, and it's the same scene she drew in her picture and called "her home".

Zoe

If you go even further back, you recall that Teddy's entire mission is to find Wyatt because he has Dolores, and now here Dolores is at the same scene where wyatt (and I guess Teddy because of the flashback) kills everyone, and she's looking around like she remembers stuff, and it's the same scene she drew in her picture and called "her home".

Dolores isn't supposed to be involved in the Wyatt narative. MiB said he had her to give Teddy the motivation to join him.

Without Dolores, Wyatt is just a past he has to atone for.

Dolores isn't supposed to be involved in the Wyatt narative. MiB said he had her to give Teddy the motivation to join him.

Without Dolores, Wyatt is just a past he has to atone for.

MiB also said "I never understood why they always paired you guys off."

Referring to Teddy and Dolores.

I still feel like that line has a deeper meaning.

f0lken

Wyatt is Dolores and the memory of Wyatt killing everyone in that town is actually a memory implanted by Ford of Dolores going rampage and killing... well everyone in that town including Arnold.

Also I rewatched the episode and I loved the moment Arnold with a soft, tender voice speaks to Dolores when they met. A tottaly different attitude than Bernard's personality that speaks tons of Arnorld's

I just thought of this. Why hasn't Ford tried to create a sentient Horse or other animal? I'm just saying, why do the smart androids gotta be humanoid? He can give intelligence and make a talking Horse if he felt like it. Just a thought..

f0lken

I just thought of this. Why hasn't Ford tried to create a sentient Horse or other animal? I'm just saying, why do the smart androids gotta be humanoid? He can give intelligence and make a talking Horse if he felt like it. Just a thought..

images

Zoe

But he has? Everything there is artificial except for the flies.

Edit: nvm, misunderstood

Because as a human we barely understand our own brains, and in many cases fully don't (re: dreaming). We have even less understand of how an animal's logic centers, instincts, and everything else dictate their way of thinking.

It would be much harder to evaluate consciousness on something we don't even know how to evaluate the original creation.

Solo

The Vanity Fair article is pretty good at laying everything out. It's mostly all been discussed here, but it's nice to see it concisely in an article:

If we believe that we’re seeing multiple time periods in the park, then one of the cleverest tricks Westworld has pulled on its audience is presenting characters who don’t age and, sometimes, wear the exact same outfit. This was often true of Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) until this episode. If we believe her travels with William took place 30 years ago, shortly after the park opened and Arnold died, we can identify that version of her now by the gaping wound on her belly. We can identify her current progress by the lack of any wound or blood on that jaunty striped shirt. And, finally, we can also identify her earliest, pre-William self by that old blue dress. There are three versions of Dolores, and three identifying markers.

So we believe that Ford is one step ahead of everyone else, and that he, perhaps, put all this in motion by introducing the reveries and monkeying around with Dolores’s programming. His reveries have created far more rebellious robots than there were last time. Angela makes it clear that if a robot were to rise up again, there would be a host of vengeful Hosts ready to stand by his or her side. So we have to believe that Ford knows exactly what’s going on with Maeve. Teddy’s description of how Wyatt (a.k.a. Dolores) convinced him to help slaughter an entire town should sound very familiar to Maeve fans: “He told me he needed me. I couldn’t resist. It was like the devil himself had taken control of me.” Doesn’t that sound a lot like what Maeve is doing with Hector? Does this story always need a conscious female robot and her willing, handsome sidekick in order to work, and is Ford trying to recreate the bloody incident of decades past in the hopes of pushing Delos out?

But if we are going to talk about Bernard’s loop, then we should re-visit Dolores’s as well. I’ve long speculated that her terrible loop (where she’s raped or forced to watch her family die nearly every night) is some kind of punishment. If she killed Arnold and, perhaps, did something equally destructive with William (“You people keep spreading over it like a stain, someone’s going to burn it clean,” she threatened Logan), we might see why Ford—in all his petty, god-like rage—would want to punish her for eternity. After whatever went down with William, it looks like Teddy was added to the loop as a jailer of sorts to keep Dolores on the farm. Ford says as much to Teddy (who used to be a sheriff) when he’s programming in the Wyatt backstory. Ford gave Teddy William’s milk can meet-cute, and, cruelly, even programmed their script with some of the dialogue from her relationship with Arnold. Dolores is stuck with a pale imitation (sorry, Teddy) of the two men who meant the most to her. And until he frees her by setting Teddy off on a new path, Ford is content to gleefully watch her suffer.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/11/westworld-recap-season-1-episode-9-well-tempered-clavier

Y'all are looking for impact-injury realism on a show with sentient androids, clones and DisneyWorld for psychos. Really? I think this is just one of those things you have to accept within the show's internal logic. A logic that states that hosts can't hard guests....much.

This is what I meant a few weeks earlier by "people won't accept another LOST". The zeitgeist has changed, and is changing rapidly (look at US 'belief in evolution' graph). People now expect rules to be set and actually govern the depicted diegesis. The whole 'oh you can knock someone out without damage' is one of those now increasingly archaic relics that can longer be used so liberally, since we all know now (and can pretty quickly be pointed to) that head injuries are more likely to have lasting effects than a lot of other injuries.
Additionally, it's a weak writing exit to either hide information or create artificial emotion stakes where none exist. Video games like Crysis 3 do this almost every other level because the writers didn't know how to connect dot A to dot B. I remember that game very specifically pissing me off on that end. But movies and shows where the writer can't write a decent exit tend to pull that a lot too. I haven't kept count over the years, but I'm fairly sure the Winchesters in Supernatural don't even have brains anymore from being knocked out so much.

I will give the show the benefit of the doubt there because it was shot in 2014 (before The Martian's success, I guess), but between the sudden jump in grounded realism of The Expanse and other shows (the actual language of the Dothraki in GoT and another in Defiance, despite being the same guy responsible) and science education apparently going up (I suspect Youtube plays a part there), there is no more room for fucking around on a sci-fi show if you want it to be high-concept. Either you go all the way or you stay home, but that's how it's gonna be from here.

I mean, we have deep learning machines now that will likely be credited for discovering the 9th planet (or brown dwarf, whatever it will turn out to be) when applied to astronomy and the search for that now fairly certain body of mass. We have self driving cars, an end to most jobs, and other things. No show that still plays by old-fashioned rules is not going to stand out like a sore spot when the future drives by you every other day. People adjust quickly, even if they don't realize it. That's whole point of a cultural zeitgeist: you can't capture it, predict it, calculate it, or return to it, but it's there as a distinctive part of a unique place in time.

Of course, the writers could argue this argument in reverse too: being knocked out may be considered part of the Westworld experience. I don't think that's convincing, but they could hand wave it away by saying that brain damage can be repaired in this future. Buuuuut then you got yourself another problem, which is that death can be repaired too, eliminating Arnold's death and the entire threat of it for humans. So that's not an option. The better thing would have been to avoid the issue altogether.
I'm all too aware of the writing frustration of discovering that a central pillar doesn't work because of 'science thing x' when you just build the whole story on top of it. The real question is of course whether you've drawn attention to it. In Westworld's case, they unfortunately have by saying there are safety rules, but rarely putting them into visual action so that the viewer would have an understanding of how they work. Can't have that cake and eat it too.

zeemumu

I think I have more of an issue determining how much a host is allowed to hurt you. Cutting you, even non-lethally, seems to be out of the question but that's on the same level as being knocked out in the movie world (at the least). If they just upped the stakes for MiB then that makes a bit more sense.

I was joking before but I'm locking in my "Dolores is Wyatt" insane theory

overthinking their world's futuristic medical capability is a wash with me. i just roll with whatever the story's throwing at me, because on the most fundamental line, if they could print 3d bio body, aging would be somewhat 'solved' in their future. clearly, though, then we would only get young(ish) actors cast in westworld and we would not get anthony hopkins acting in the series, which is badbadbad

:3

so i was not really joking before when i said that the robots' violence algorhythm was probably perfect. i think it has to be, for this wagon to keep its wheels...

Matty77

I was joking before but I'm locking in my "Dolores is Wyatt" insane theory
I think this is true. Just not in a literal sense. Do I think we get to a Wyatt reveal and it's her like the Lawrence is ellazzo reveal?no.

Do I think "Wyatt" is just a placeholder in Fords narrative recreating the massacre and it's really her actions? Yes.

TL;DR I think it's going to be less she is Wyatt and more there is no Wyatt then or now it's just a construct in the memories ford implanted.

zeemumu

I think this is true. Just not in a literal sense. Do I think we get to a Wyatt reveal and it's her like the Lawrence is ellazzo reveal?no.

Do I think "Wyatt" is just a placeholder in Fords narrative recreating the massacre and it's really her actions? Yes.

TL;DR I think it's going to be less she is Wyatt and more there is no Wyatt then or now it's just a construct in the memories ford implanted.

Yeah. A lot of Wyatt's story matches her flashback hallucinations

overthinking their world's futuristic medical capability is a wash with me. i just roll with whatever the story's throwing at me, because on the most fundamental line, if they could print 3d bio body, aging would be somewhat 'solved' in their future. clearly, though, then we would only get young(ish) actors cast in westworld and we would not get anthony hopkins acting in the series, which is badbadbad

Maybe aging could just be a choice.

Joni

There doesn't seem to be anti-aging technology, they can just keep humans alive longer. Delos might want the hosts to introduce immortality.

it could be. seems like MiB and Ford and Theresa would be rich enough for the procedures but they all chose not to go for it. I don't mind it. Would be cute if Charlotte came out and said she's actually as old as.... uh, that wont work, cuz then she should have recog Bernard/Arnold

.... and anyway, she doesnt have the acting chops to convince me she's as mature and sophisticated as Theresa/Ford/MiB....

IN ANY CASE. it is just something that i thought about, because the tech is clearly there, but i dont mind the 'supposition' that most of the older decision makers in westworld are opting out of it.

it's a bit of a stretch but not too big for me to leap across :>

There doesn't seem to be anti-aging technology, they can just keep humans alive longer. Delos might want the hosts to introduce immortality.

ford can reprint arnold as bernard, so theoretically, people can print their younger selves' bodies to transition into, say face transplant and all that, should be plausible tech in their world.

Platy

We don't know how advanced the Medicine in their time is. Maybe they can heal almost any damage quickly. Just have a E.R. nearby anda good checkup at park leaving.

Than the weirdness is why not allow for guns to fire ?

Why don't just dissable insta kill shots and allow arms and legs for example ?

Joni

ford can reprint arnold as bernard, so theoretically, people can print their younger selves' bodies to transition into, say face transplant and all that, should be plausible tech in their world.

They could, if we didn't know Ford managed to keep the host-technology to himself. I think it doesn't exist yet, but that it will come, that Delos wants it.

It is a little weird that most of them don't know what their co-founder looks like.

They were two nobodies inventing something, and when it came out, only one guy was left. Almost nobody was around before Arnold died. Arnold and Ford make the technology, something goes wrong, and then Delos buys the park and everyone starts getting hired.

I dunno about anti-aging technology. The age of the humans and the agelessness of the hosts is the main crux of the story and its twists. To toss in that anti-aging technology as part of the universe would just complicate things more. The show kinda already threw people for a loop by introducing old bill, but then revealing that they achieved a quantum leap to lifelike hosts still using mechanical parts shortly after old bill.

They could, if we didn't know Ford managed to keep the host-technology to himself. I think it doesn't exist yet, but that it will come, that Delos wants it.

plausible, but i think what delos is really after is the macguffin code, something inside the hosts' codes or something. some programming stuff.

i think the 3d bio-printing is probably something that could exist outside of delos, but it's just an opinion. there's nothing really off the show that says it is one way or another.

zeemumu

They were two nobodies inventing something, and when it came out, only one guy was left. Almost nobody was around before Arnold died. Arnold and Ford make the technology, something goes wrong, and then Delos buys the park and everyone starts getting hired.

This is next level tech, though. Even in-universe. Surely at least one person aside from Ford knows what Arnold looks like.

Joni

This is next level tech, though. Even in-universe. Surely at least one person aside from Ford knows what Arnold looks like.

Probably. But how many of them would be working for Delos 34 years later? It is not like Bernard is running around the world, he is stuck in Westworld where only his coworkers see him. Even in real life, I'm betting more Microsoft employees will recognize Bill Gates than Paul Allen, especially if you had young Paul Allen walking around instead of what he looks like now.

zeemumu

Probably. But how many of them would be working for Delos 34 years later? It is not like Bernard is running around the world, he is stuck in Westworld where only his coworkers see him. Even in real life, I'm betting more Microsoft employees will recognize Bill Gates than Paul Allen, especially if you had young Paul Allen walking around instead of what he looks like now.

But with all the commotion over his code due to recent events you'd think someone would do a quick google and maybe see a picture.

No, that's already excluded entirely by Ford and presumably William aging into MiB, as well other humans clearly still being threatened by violence. Being able to repair any kind of body damage, not just random tissues or aging or any other partial aspect, but ANY kind would immediately void the entire premise of the show if we assume Man vs Bots is the primary plot.

That line by Ford is probably more of a 'for the future' or intent than actual outside world. Also, MiB is probably dying. Ford pointed out his "urgency" in completing the maze.

I don't think the writers have any kind of consistent idea of what the outside world is like or capable of. They didn't have to think about it since this entire show has so far been entirely confined to the park. And while we might get a shot of the outside for two seconds, I doubt we're going to see much of it in the finale. There would be little story point to do so as well.

Also a more generic issue with Michael Crichton and other writers working on the "special exclusion case" scenario (which is statistically and evolutionary impossible): it's like asking why no other genetics company simply made their own dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. You can bitch about patents all you want, but in reality nobody cares (see China). So other parks would have been build either at the same time or around it. Westworld faces the same problem, which is only kept at bay through the apparent genius of Arnold and Ford keeping the whole thing so isolated nobody can crack it. But that's not very realistic to have remained the case in 30 years, especially if we assume Westworld starts in our near-future.
Interesting exception to this was The Sarah Connor Chronicles, where the tech race towards AI becomes an actual point in the second (and alas also final) season. That was actually interesting for a show to take seriously and weave into the story rather than just ignoring it.

I have a certain affinity to this topic of serendipity and science studies, for what it's worth mentioning.

edit:
also, when we're talking about rules, and diegesis, and setups and payoffs: it's kind of shitty when a self-closed story puts its crucial information outside of the actual story. This happens in video games a lot, particularly Halo 4 was a joke because of it, but it's very frustrating to see it with this show too: telling us, as viewers, that the board is coming to witness Ford's new narrative should have established ages ago when the whole 'new narrative' setup even started. We have to learn that through an email from the marketing website? Similar to the location of the tower in episode seven. That all should have happened a lot sooner.

Mega

Banned
Someone earlier used the example that not knowing what Arnold looks like is the same as if Steve Wozniak died and all images and records of him were suppressed before Apple released their first computer. And then almost 40 years passed and literally no one is around who could visually identify Bernard as a robot clone.

So yeah, this is another thing about the show where there's no need to dwell on and get hung up over it. I have seen a couple of really old pictures of the two men who founded the company I work for and yet if they joined tomorrow as new hires I would think nothing of it because my brain would most likely gloss over the similarity and at best think the resemblance is pure coincidence since I've seen random people in public who look like friends, family and coworkers. I'd have to go back and find the pictures and make the connection for whatever reason. And the characters in WestWorld can't even do that (no name, no picture, no history, etc).

But with all the commotion over his code due to recent events you'd think someone would do a quick google and maybe see a picture.

A quick Google of what? "Google, who is Arnold?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

It seems almost certain that William is the MIB.

So, was Arnold real or not? Or was it Bernard since the beginning? Dolores killed Arnold, so ford build him another assistant?

Arnold got killed by Dolores, perhaps she was instructed by Ford to do so? It has been established that Ford is unable to code as well as Arnold did, they fell out after they disagreed on wether to make the robots as human as possible.

Ford made Bernard after Arnold passed, I don't know why nobody knew that he had the same likeness as Arnold.. but we don't know exactly how much time passed either. (30 years?)

Disregard my post if completely wrong.

So, was Arnold real or not? Or was it Bernard since the beginning? Dolores killed Arnold, so ford build him another assistant?

Arnold was an actual person. Go back and watch the "interviews" with Dolores. Notice how not-Bernard acts different than any other interaction we've seen with him. He talks different. Uses different inflection in his voice.

After 15 years, Ford decided he missed having Arnold around so he built Bernard.

I would say it's more "The Commisar Vanishes" or to name a guy: Trotsky.

Obviously a Stalin figure today would be seriously overpowered in their ability to hide their partners, as someone pointed out with Disney's partner (who I'd frankly never heard of, so it's not impossible).
But you would think MiB or anyone else would find it reaaaaally weird if they couldn't even Google the guy's face. And presumably, Arnold's death happened 34 years before the present, with William at 30 years before the present, meaning there is little reason he and / or others would not be aware of Arnold's face.

What I think we're supposed to believe and 'have picked up on' is that Elsie and the other crew members, including Bernard, don't know who Arnold is, or the precise origins of the park, other than Ford having made it. MiB is the only 'external' person who knows about him, I think.
I don't remember if Theresa knew about him. Or right, she asked before she died. Makes the whole reveal seem quaint when she could have just googled the guy. "oh hey that's Berna- oh crap". Apparently she didn't get a picture, and we didn't see that visually happen. We're supposed to assume the board and / or Ford has purposely hidden that information and nobody bothered to ask "wtf Ford?". It's really silly now, actually. So now we have to assume even more by assuming some ridiculous NDA that all workers have to sign, which is all something the show could have just shown or said during that whole stupid Maeve plotline. Or Elsie's for that matter.

Like just a quick insert (a visual shot of a memo or piece of paper or otherwise information that was framed into the filmed scene, but required info for the viewer) of a search on Arnold with a different face or no face, would have been enough to visually establish Theresa couldn't have known. But we didn't get that shot, so now we're playing the game of tossing the idiot-ball to whichever character didn't google him.

| Praxis | said:
Just caught up on the latest episode, loving this show so far.

I can't help but think of the Hardcore History episode "Profits of Doom" particularly the part about the printing press. Before books like the Bible were mass produced and reading and writing were reserved for the minority in charge, they could pick and choose the rules that suited them best and it was easy keeping the population in the dark and controlling them with something as powerful as religion. I doubt this is a purposeful influence of the writers of the show, but it does make me think of it.

Also, a theory I have:
Bernard is a robot and is either the likeness and/or personality of Arnold. He didn't know Hopkins had a partner before he said and he seems to be Hopkins second in charge when other lesser involved people including the woman (can't remember her name) that Bernard sleeps with and Ed Harris know about Arnold and his demise. It would be a good reason as to why all record of him was wiped from the company records.

He would also be the perfect intelligence provider to Hopkins, he would only have to access Bernard's data (the same way Bernard is doing with Dolores) to know so much about that woman's plans.

And it's a cruel twist that they kept his child's death in his memories because that's what drove him to create sentient robots in life, possibly in a twisted attempt to create his son again in robot form. It wouldn't be good enough to just have a 'dumb' robot replacement.

Probably really dumb theories that have already been debunked in this thread, but I haven't read any of it so forgive me if this has already been discussed dozens of times.

Quoting myself from weeks ago because I just watched the latest episode and my theory was more or less correct. Haven't followed this thread at all, so forgive me for patting myself on the back when a lot of you probably had the same theory.

Just give me this one.

This was posted a few pages back, but I wanted to bring it up again since people seem to be hitting some bumps on some current theories.

Quotes revolving around Arnold:
https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/..._clear_up_some_misconceptions_about/?sort=new

Elsie: He's talking to someone. He carries on practically an entire conversation.
Walter: I need more milk, Arnold.
Elsie: Who's Arnold?
Bernard: You had a partner?
Ford: Yeah. When the legend becomes fact, you print the legend. My business partners were more than happy to scrub him from the records, and I suppose I didn't discourage them.
Logan: Supposedly, this place was all started by a partnership. And then right before the park opened, one of the partners killed himself. Sent the park into a freefall. I mean, I don't know any of the details. I don't even know his name.
William: You must have a team of lawyers looking at this place.
Logan: Yeah, well, they came up empty. He's a complete mystery. Not even a picture.
Ford: Analysis. When was your last contact with Arnold?
Dolores: Last contact: 34 years, 42 days, seven hours ago.
Ford: Yes, Dolores. The day Arnold died. And you have no records of any contact with him since?
Dolores: No.
Ford: What was the last thing he said to you?
Dolores: He told me I was going to help him.
Ford: Help him do what?
Dolores: To destroy this place.
Ford: But you didn't, did you? You've been content... in your little loop. For the most part. I wonder... if you did take on that bigger role for yourself, would you have been the hero... or the villain? ...That's enough, Dolores. I'm sorry for bothering you, but... there's no one else left who was there, no one who understands as we understand.

-griffy-

Banned
Oh wait, that convo with Dolores and Ford about Arnold. I wonder if Arnold must have orchestrated his own death by Dolores/Wyatt/Teddy proxy, because he saw what the park was becoming and what Ford wanted of it, and thought he could sabotage the park before it even opened by forcing the hosts to kill him, thereby proving they are too dangerous, and causing the financial backers to drop out. But what ended up happening is they were too greedy and put in place the story that Arnold killed himself and scrubbed his existence from the records in an effort to bury the true nature of the accident. Meanwhile Ford carried on, got a god complex, and kept the source code on site to combat Delos and ensure his own power remained in tact.

Leonsito

Great chapter, but as a lot of people said I hope the Maeve plot is part of the new Ford narrative, because it would be stupid if she's doing all of this without him knowing anything.

I guess they can reveal that Ford new narrative is the robot uprising, the AI becaming self-aware, or something like that, although I think it was Arnold who wanted they robots to became more alive, and Ford just want them to stay that way, as robots.

Btw, what if the Dolores-wounded/Logan and William/Escalante-buried plot is in the future timeline, after the MiB/Ford events? Have we seen something that makes that impossible?

Raven117

Is the picture that Logan gave William the same one that Abernathy finds in the soil in the first episode?

Looks like it.

Like you Leonsito, there is just too much happening without the park knowing when it comes to Maeve. Its borderline silly at this point.

Flo_Evans

Looks like it.

Like you Leonsito, there is just too much happening without the park knowing when it comes to Maeve. Its borderline silly at this point.

People know, she has just threatened or manipulated them once they found out.

Eventually she is going to run into Ford though.

smisk

Did not realize that photo was the same one Delores' father found, OR that the blond chick who knocked out MiB was the same one who welcomed Will to the park...
I feel like I need to watch the whole series again.

Top Bottom