• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
heads up:

in europe the lovefilm app got an update and is now up and running.

...more or less...i'm stuck on a gray loading screen.

update is 59 MB.

It doesn't show up in the store for me :'-(

What's this thing about anyway?

Edit: I just read in Miiverse is Uk only, nevermind. Spain gets no love :'-(

panda21

It seems like nanotechnology assault has issues with the game pad getting disconnected occasionally for a split second and then the sticks get stuck out of center.

My game pad seems to get disconnected more often than it should, seems to be correlated to having my phone nearby. It's within sight of the wii, about a meter and a bit away, and still gets disconnected :S

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Pretty sure Nintendo has recommended that you don't use sticks.
I don't see why not if you know the device was tested to perform adequately. I'm currently using a class-10 SDHC over a SanDisk SDHC reader, but I did my homework and measured the actual read BW of the card before plugging it in - 15.5MB/s seem to be good enough for the purposes of WiiU.

No, through Friends. When I register a friend I just add their name and that's it, no way to enter a msg with it.

Do it through Miiverse. If you use the Friend List, I don't think they receive notification. They have to know you're adding them so they can add you back.

Miiverse allows you to leave a message and it also notifies them.

Miiverse will only allow me to send a msg to friends I have registerd, there's no option to add a friend.

Edit. Found it in the user menu section

The ones I have in my friends list that I added says, ' this is a provisional registration'. What does this mean?

I'm guessing this is the same as on the 3DS where it means you've added them, but they have not added you back. You would need to tell them that you've added them since they don't receive a notification.

This is why the Miiverse way is better.

This... was really disappointed when I found this option only to find out it turns back on in a button press. It more or less necessitates getting a pro controller at some point.

The only other option is to turn the brightness right down.

I must be lucky with my gamepad battery as it's never gone more than 50% left yet I've definitely put in more than 3 or 4 hour sessions between charges.

The only other option is to turn the brightness right down.

I must be lucky with my gamepad battery as it's never gone more than 50% left yet I've definitely put in more than 3 or 4 hour sessions between charges.

Play it 5 more minutes... I never see the pad on 1 bar, and once it reaches 0 it's dead within another 5-10 minutes. The last "half" of the charge depletes much faster than the first.

Excuse the quality of the picture

But anyone know what the heart next to the Yeah means? Never seen it before

4aVeY.jpg

Maldoror

Hmm not sure, sorry. What is the box with a tick on it on the far right?

The box means you own and have played the game of the community you're in.
The heart is nothing special. The "Yeah !" button just changes depending on the Mii's facial expression. I've also seen "Oh yeah ?", etc.

The box means you own and have played the game of the community you're in.
The heart is nothing special. The "Yeah !" button just changes depending on the Mii's facial expression. I've also seen "Oh yeah ?", etc.

The heart means nothing?! It means she's in love with him!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FUCK the 'close software' button being the biggest ass button RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE HOME MENU.
So many times I've tapped that when I just wanted to close the home. Should swap 'Close home menu' and 'Close software'...
While I haven't accidentally closed a program yet I can see how easy it is to do. They really should swap the close Home and close Software buttons around.

I think they will tag almost anything that gives a hint to the future. Eatchildren got his post flagged in Zombi when it was just a pic of his inventory screen being full of stuff, but I guess it shows you future weapons you get along the way. I'm assuming a post about hidden characters in Smash Bros U might get flagged for a while as well. Or maybe an item you get in Zelda.

Spoilers should allow for more flexibility. At the moment all you know if that the post has a spoiler but not what the spoiler is about. You should be able to give a spoiler post a heading so those reading it know what to expect.

Oh and LoveFilm doesn't allow for screenshots so the only shots in Miiverse are people whose app doesn't work. Funnily enough I wanted to post the exact same screenshot.

Alcibiades

Looks like Japan Friday morning launch is only ~8 hours away or so. Last chance for Wii U to get started with a bang.

Are there any midnight launches with maybe a Shiggy or Iwata appearance or something like that?

So I called around to Don Quixote, Tsutaya, and Geo, but none of them are doing sales at midnight. It's gonna be a long night. Maybe I should sleep or something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, I noticed that one of my friend's Miis is sparkly on the Plaza. Anyone know why? Are there emotions that peoplpe have applied to their miis? How have they done that?

If this when they are saying their message? Their animation reflect the emotion of the post.

I've seen :D = a little dance with flowers and stars
and :S = someone looking down in the dumps.

Alcibiades

There better be some awesome images of people standing in line. Japanese gamers love that shit.

I'm eagerly awaiting photos of frenzied fans in weird outfits and homeless being paid to wait in line. This is Nintendo. This is Japan. It is a new Wii system. This better be big.

wagamer

I'm not able to install the day 1 update. On the first try the download was interrupted but continued where it left off, however the install went to 99% and ended in an error. Tried again, the download starts from zero again, completes normally but again the installation fails. Have tried this a few times, now the install jumps straight to 30% and ends with an error. No error code, just telling me to restart the console.

Anyone else had this and got it resolved? I formatted the console and am trying again, but I'm not having my hopes up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom