• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
As of 40 minutes ago, there were reportedly 10 or 11 people in line at Yodobashi Akiba.

http://rocketnews24.com/2012/12/07/274279/

Haha oh wow, the look on that guy's face.

wiiu1ycozm.jpg

JaseMath

Finally picked up my deluxe last night. After about 2.5 hours of updating/transferring, I got to play for maybe 15 minutes before bed. :(

I look forward to tonight. BTW, add me guys!

nnID: JasonMCG

EDIT: Is there an official nnID thread?

hey, can anyone confirm if resident evil works on the wii u via the wii menu? a store near me is selling the game for £5 and I'd love to be able to play it but want to confirm it actually works first.

This is a super specific issue but maybe someone here has tried it out.

The Wii VC version of Punch Out! Had some obnoxious input lag to the point where it was borderline unplayable. Does this issue still exist on Wii U?

I know it's just running on a basically Wii emulator but I'm hoping it has somehow rectified it.

nickcv

nice... up to now i really have no interest in the game.
rayman origin's demo didn't click with me, i'm curious to try this one though

Spoilers should allow for more flexibility. At the moment all you know if that the post has a spoiler but not what the spoiler is about. You should be able to give a spoiler post a heading so those reading it know what to expect.

totally agree... at least there should be some kind of hint to understand if you already played that part of the game

zroid

Banned
nice... up to now i really have no interest in the game.
rayman origin's demo didn't click with me, i'm curious to try this one though

Give Origins a chance, if you can, it's pretty cheap nowadays. The demo(s) didn't click for me either but I bought it because I wanted something to play on the Vita and ended up liking it a lot.

Not the greatest 2D platformer of all-time (or this generation) as its most ardent fans love to claim, but it's a very solid game nonetheless.

Morts

I didn't realize they were doing play limits on demos again. Normally I wouldn't care (who plays a demo more than 1 or 2 times?) but in the case of a new system it'd be nice to have another proof-of-concept to show friends when they come over.

EDarkness

I didn't realize they were doing play limits on demos again. Normally I wouldn't care (who plays a demo more than 1 or 2 times?) but in the case of a new system it'd be nice to have another proof-of-concept to show friends when they come over.

I was under the impression that pubs decide the number of downloads. With "unlimited" being an option as well...

Are there any noteworthy eShop releases in the rest of 2012? I ask because I have 15€ sitting on my account and am tempted to get Mighty Switchforce HD.

enishi

NCL's site lies, saying the Wii U is now on sale:

wiiu_onsale.jpg

False for another 7 hours.

Actually they do, shops in Hong Kong and Taiwan got the units on Thursday and selling everywhere.

And the Japan server and 2.1.0 update is already up (around 8pm tonight)

Already Japanese folks posting on Miiverse. It's almost 1:30am here in Japan.

You probably see those people from either Hong Kong or Taiwan, or even Mainland China

moozoom

heads up:

in europe the lovefilm app got an update and is now up and running.

...more or less...i'm stuck on a gray loading screen.

update is 59 MB.

Yep, it downloaded the update and lauched an endless grey screen. At least it didn't freeze the console pushing home button let me quit the app.

Not as "instant" as it's advertised, so far. I'm curious about it as I don't have other cable tv or internet movie services (apart from itunes) but it has to be reliable and the streaming needs to be perfect.

Ninja Dom

I don't see why not if you know the device was tested to perform adequately. I'm currently using a class-10 SDHC over a SanDisk SDHC reader, but I did my homework and measured the actual read BW of the card before plugging it in - 15.5MB/s seem to be good enough for the purposes of WiiU.

My USB stock is up 24Mbps. I think it should be okay. But I will get a larger HDD.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
TalkTalk offered me a year of LoveFilm for free so the WiiU is a good opportunity to take advantage of that.

But no Girls Bravo? How bad is that?

Data Ghost

Not sure if this has been covered much on here, but Ive seen it mentioned in a couple of Wii U reviews.

I have the deluxe console and Im OCD with all my stuff. However there are quite a few scratches on it already. When I first set it up I used the feet to stand the console vertically. I took great care putting them on too. However upon removing them both feet have scratched both sides of the console. Also finger marks seem really hard to remove even with a microfibre cloth.

The Gamepad is okay so far, but if I am OCD with my stuff I can only imagine what some Wii U's will look like after a couple of months.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So it looks like the YouTube app had a small update.

Verdict: It still sucks to navigate and it's slow to boot up.

AndTAR

Anyone have any games they regret purchasing so far? Wish they could have a do over?

Assassin's Creed 3. The framerate is just horrible; it meets the target of 30 when you look at the ground or sky, but pretty much never during normal gameplay. Feels like N64 Ocarina of Time at some points.

From what I understand though, it doesn't perform much worse than the PS3/360 versions. (Doesn't make it any better, of course.)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mine will arrive on Monday :\ without ZombiU, 'cause they received less games than preordered due to distribution issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom