• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called the Walmart that has my layaway order, no midnight launch, and they're not sure if they're gonna start selling them at 8 or 9 when the layaway desk opens. At least she made it sound like everyone who ordered one is getting one.

Soon.

TriGen

I'll buy digital only if it offers a savings over retail. Nintendo games hold value for awhile so you can always sell those later of your want.

I don't trade-in or resell much, and I definetly would keep a game like Mario. So basically with the 10% back on DD I would probably save on the digital version. Really, only Nintendo games that I know I'd keep would be the full-retail games I'd download. It makes some sense for me to download NSMBU, but still, it would suck if I get back home and there are some network problems because of people rushing the server.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
Well at least Rich seems confident the update will actually be out tonight:

Re: Wii U Update. Still reasonably optimistic it's operational by launch. For a variety of reasons. When, exactly, will be interesting.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Perorders seem to be guaranteed at the Walmart I'm at. Me and this woman are waiting for the few that are up for grabs.

No one that has a preorder is here.

RkOwnage

What is the consensus on Darksiders II? I am thinking about picking this up for WiiU to imitate a "Zelda-Fix" and was wondering if anyone played the PC/360/PS3 versions, do you recommend it? Your thoughts!

TriGen

Pre order?

Im looking at the other pages, looking for any pictures. Launch lines are really interesting.

I got a pre-order at GS, but Wal-Mart said they will sell at midnight so I might try to go there. If I end up with two I could always just gift/sell/take back. It probably won't work out and I'll fall back on my GS pre-order but we'll see if I can snag one at midnight.

Just read this preview in the LA Times, which seems pretty positive. From reading it, though, it's implied that the TV remote functions WILL work on Day 1, even though "TVii" (which I assume is more the TV/streaming aggregator software) has been delayed. Is this the general understanding?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Did you get a heads up that there would be a few available, or are you just lucky?
Yeah they told us there is only 4 deluxes and I was lucky only one mom was here. I called the electronics department and they said that.

This woman has been here all day and we are next to a work area door and she has talked to the workers a lot.

Just read this preview in the LA Times, which seems pretty positive. From reading it, though, it's implied that the TV remote functions WILL work on Day 1, even though "TVii" (which I assume is more the TV/streaming aggregator software) has been delayed. Is this the general understanding?
Someone in this thread already said as much.

Erethian

Yeah, there's the universal remote stuff and then there's TVii, they're separate things

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member

That was confirmed working last week. We don't even need the day 1 patch for that. TVii is just the service that pulls from all your sources and has the interaction ont he gamepad. Not sure how much interaction there will be with your cable box currently though.

xray49er

What is the consensus on Darksiders II? I am thinking about picking this up for WiiU to imitate a "Zelda-Fix" and was wondering if anyone played the PC/360/PS3 versions, do you recommend it? Your thoughts!
I put in30 hours on the 360 I liked it a lot my only problem was that it was buggy

Posted earlier but got a bit lost. Toys R Us tomorrow:

111812E_EM_TRU_WiiU_Electronics_07.jpg

Fox Mulder

I don't trade-in or resell much, and I definetly would keep a game like Mario. So basically with the 10% back on DD I would probably save on the digital version. Really, only Nintendo games that I know I'd keep would be the full-retail games I'd download. It makes some sense for me to download NSMBU, but still, it would suck if I get back home and there are some network problems because of people rushing the server.

I don't really either, but I think it's better to hold physical itrms that have real value instead of digital goods locked away on a profile.

I've only bought one or two retail games off Live, and that service has been around for 10 years now. I'll have to see what nintendo offers before I really invest in their service.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So, I get back from a crappy day of week-end work, to my father saying Gamestop called to say they won't have enough Wii U for every pre-orders, including mine.

I pre-ordered on the 16th, 3 days after the pre-orders opened, it's paid in full, I was below 20th on the list (somewhere between 10th and 15th, counting both Basic and Deluxe.

I'm fucking boiling right now.

A local store has a single copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii for $30. Is it worth picking up?

Yeah. Game is discontinued and the deal with Tatsunoko has lapsed. I grabbed it today for $24.99 at a Mom & Pop. Guy who sold it to me said they should have priced it higher than it was. He forgot to change it. Still sold it to me for that price. Grab it now.

antonz

Anyone see actual lines? i went to observe and no one was waiting at all.

Retailers got a lot smarter this time around with almost all of them doing preorders instead of random lines. Since its that way you probably wont see any lines until a few hours before from the super dedicated who must get it at the stroke of midnight.

Ehh......I guess Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is still available from Amazon at a better price. I heard it was going to become rare though since Capcom lost the license.

So I suddenly got a bit hyped over the fact that Wii U is released tomorrow in the US. I'm definitely gonna watch whatever Giant Bomb has planned as a "release party" for it. Do you guys have any more reccomendations on coverage to check out concerning it's release?

Yeah. Game is discontinued and the deal with Tatsunoko has lapsed. I grabbed it today for $24.99 at a Mom & Pop. Guy who sold it to me said they should have priced it higher than it was. He forgot to change it. Still sold it to me for that price. Grab it now.

Amazon had a better price, and I know it won't last long. Ordered. Thanks.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land

Don't trust anything else enough just yet, waiting on impressions.

Pretty much how I feel too, but I did get Black OPS 2. Everything else I need to see more before making any other purchase decisions. Besides that Black OPS 2, NintendoLand and NSMBU will last me a long time. No rush to get any other games.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Explain to me how a fucking Gamestop doesn't even get 20 freaking Wii U.

What the fuck happened in the production lines!?

Thoraxes

Lol, I just called my Target to make sure they set aside the consoles for the pre-orders lol

I figure if they haven't done it yet and a customer calls with a concern, they'll be sure they got it right.

The GS by me got about 30, 15 of each.

Fox Mulder

So I suddenly got a bit hyped over the fact that Wii U is released tomorrow in the US. I'm definitely gonna watch whatever Giant Bomb has planned as a "release party" for it. Do you guys have any more reccomendations on coverage to check out concerning it's release?

Giant Bomb sounds kind of cynical and down on the system since it was announced. I like them, but don't know how much I'll watch of them cover it.

antonz

Seems to be an issue of distribution of resources if your failed to get enough for preorders. They did claim they have 500,000 consoles which I still find hard to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom