• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robot

I pre-ordered on September 15th from Toys R Us online before they were sold out of their launch stock, now I'm being told that it's backordered. I really, really wish I pre-ordered from Gamestop before they sold out. Toys R Us is an awful company.

I keep hearing that these orders are shipping on Monday. Where'd you see it's back ordered? My status is still preorder.

Toki767

Man i wish i pre-ordered one when i had the chance :(

Oh well.. Guess i will have to wait and get one when? January? February at the latest?

Call around the non-gaming stores to see how their stock is. Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Sears, etc...

I bet at least one of them will have a few more than their actual pre-orders.

Mrbob

I have purchased:

Wii U deluxe so I guess I get Nintendoland
Super Mario Wii U

Then a bunch of Wii stuff purchased since it's dirt cheap right now through Toys R US:

Zelda Skyward Sword
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Flingsmash with motion plus (For controller)
Punch Out
Sin and Punishment

Cost me roughly 110 for all the above.

Still need a nunchuck. I'll probably get that tomorrow.

radcliff

The Gamestop where I pre-orderd the Wii U is opening an hour early for those who pre-ordered the system (10AM). I will be picking up Mario, COD, and either Zombi U or Ninja Gaiden 3 (pending reviews). I was told they got enough systems to cover pre-orders.

hiryu64

iMwggEbB2NYQZ.png

I MUST CONSUME...CONSUME U

Launch:

Deluxe Wii U
New Mario U
ZombiU (but am seriously considering cancelling and getting something else. Maybe Scribblenauts U or Sonic Racing).

So Giant Bomb's NintendoLand, ZombiU and NSMBU Quick Looks go up at 3am. What do you guys think the best time to start drinking would be?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Going w/ Super Mario Bro U and Nintendoland.

Right now, just debating whether or not I should just go to Walmart at midnight and pick it up instead of waiting til morning.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I have Assassin's Creed III and I'll have Nintendo Land with the Deluxe bundle.

Getting New Super Mario Bros. U later on in December, once I'm done with Assassin's Creed III.

netBuff

So Giant Bomb's NintendoLand, ZombiU and NSMBU Quick Looks go up at 3am. What do you guys think the best time to start drinking would be?

I think that for relaxing times, you should make it Suntory time (now is always the best time to start drinking. I, unfortunately, have to keep my drinks chilled until Novemer 30).

steveovig

I have purchased:

Wii U deluxe so I guess I get Nintendoland
Super Mario Wii U

Then a bunch of Wii stuff purchased since it's dirt cheap right now through Toys R US:

Zelda Skyward Sword
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Flingsmash with motion plus (For controller)
Punch Out
Sin and Punishment

Cost me roughly 110 for all the above.

Still need a nunchuck. I'll probably get that tomorrow.

How much was Punch Out? Less than $20?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
From the store, I'm only picking up the Deluxe bundle and nothing else. I'm counting on being able to download NSMB U when I get home (or some time in the next day if the servers start dying) and maybe ZombiU if I'm feeling adventurous. Hopefully that demo is up right away.

Toki767

According to my GameStop, if you pre-ordered the Wii U, you have 48 hours to get it. If you don't get it within 48 hours, they will sell your system to someone else.

newsguy

I have a question about the gamepad. Does it allow every game to be played as if it's a handheld, ( no TV at all just playing the full game on the pad only) or is that up to each individual dev? I want to play games like NBA2K on the pad since 1 game takes 45 minutes to complete and that way my wife can watch TV simultaneously.

taoofjord

No one knows but it's some strange, adorable and depressing (non)game by the makers of World of Goo.

I've played the beta on PC. As long as you don't expect a full-on game like World of Goo I think you'll really enjoy it. It's basically a sandbox/toy with challenges that unlock more things you can play with. You experiment with combining different objects to make new things happen. The fire/burning mechanic is well done and the story is surprisingly interesting. The presentation is absolutely fantastic with some great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and incredible music. As far as something to pickup Sunday morning on the eShop I'd say it's a must if that kind of thing interest you.

I have a question about the gamepad. Does it allow every game to be played as if it's a handheld, ( no TV at all just playing the full game on the pad only) or is that up to each individual dev? I want to play games like NBA2K on the pad since 1 game takes 45 minutes to complete and that way my wife can watch TV simultaneously.

Up to the individual developer but it takes only two lines of code to make it happen and many games support Off-TV play as of now.

Not all though.

All I'm getting is the black bundle. I'm hoping NSMBU will be available for purchase/download tomorrow, and if it is I'll set up my Wii U like my 3DS to make Nintendo think I'm in a place that doesn't pay tax. Every penny saved counts. Nothing else at this point looks even remotely interesting, or are simply games I've already played on other platforms.

zroid

Banned
No one knows but it's some strange, adorable and depressing (non)game by the makers of World of Goo.

You can actually play the PC beta if you pre-order it now. There are impressions in the Nintendo Downloads thread. Seems pretty basic but with cool atmosphere and mystery.

I'm probably going to get it.

I've played the beta on PC. As long as you don't expect a full-on game like World of Goo I think you'll really enjoy it. The fire/burning mechanic is really fun, it's a fun toybox of sorts with fantastic presentation (an intriguing story, great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and incredible music). As far as something to pickup Sunday morning on the EShop I'd say it's a must if that kind of thing interest you.

I was leaning that way already but sold.

I know quality and that developer is quality.

Not at all bothered it's not a game game like World of Goo, it still has the personality of the developer in spades from what I have seen.

Eurocult

Just confirmed with Gamestop that both* of mine are in stock and ready to be picked up tomorrow.

*one for me, one for my roommate. Can't be bothered with gouging/flipping.

milsorgen

Banned
Payed off the rest of my reserve at lunch today.

Q4bkf.jpg

Between this and the 3DS I've about shot my gaming wad for the rest of the year, lol.

Quick poll, what games are you getting guys ?

Me:

Mario
Dark Siders 2

Undecided, one of the following:

ZombiU
Batman
COD

New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land

Renting (In Gamefly Queue):
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Darksiders 2
NBA 2k13
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Up to the individual developer but it takes only two lines of code to make it happen and many games support Off-TV play as of now.

Not all though.

Note that's only two lines of code to get the picture sent to the Gamepad. Depending on how much the game uses the Gamepad it could be a LOT more work to change the game design to not require two screens in that mode.

Lucent

okay I want a Nintendo Direct at midnight with something Shocking please.

so sleepy trying to hang on so I can maximize my wake time tomorrow

LOL! You guys are crazy. =D

But yeah I'm hopefully gonna have a good day tomorrow. As long as Best Buy doesn't screw over pre-orders, I should get mine tomorrow and hopefully find a game to rent. Gonna have a game night at my friend's house and gonna have some people over. Probably have some Papa Murphy's pizza.

LOL! You guys are crazy. =D

But yeah I'm hopefully gonna have a good day tomorrow. As long as Best Buy doesn't screw over pre-orders, I should get mine tomorrow and hopefully find a game to rent. Gonna have a game night at my friend's house and gonna have some people over. Probably have some Papa Murphy's pizza.

Some people are picking up theirs from Best Buy right now from what I've heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom