• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im debating whether I should go to the Nintendo World Store tonight to try to buy a deluxe... Does anyone one know if I would be able to get one at this point from that store?

GAMERG0D

Ugh I have to wait until 11 AM...I'm only getting Mario and the Deluxe console. Aren't they going to have game demos on the eShop for Wii U?

Am I the only one disappointed we aren't getting either The Wonderful 101 or Pikmin 3? It seems to me those are two of the games that best shows the usefulness of the touchscreen part of the Gamepad in single-player gaming.

So, just for the hell of it, I tracked the location of my order from gamestop. as it turns out, my deluxe system arrived in Chicago earlier this afternoon. 10 minutes away. Scheduled delivery: Monday by 3pm. Argh.

Oh well. I'll be going out tomorrow morning to pick up NSMBU, and possibly Scribblenauts, so I'll be all set to game when it arrives, which will hopefully be early (every other order gamestop has shipped to me has arrived between 8-10am). Conveniently, I wound up with the day off from work too, lol.

milsorgen

Banned
So, just for the hell of it, I tracked the location of my order from gamestop. as it turns out, my deluxe system arrived in Chicago earlier this afternoon. 10 minutes away. Scheduled delivery: Monday by 3pm. Argh.

Oh well. I'll be going out tomorrow morning to pick up NSMBU, and possibly Scribblenauts, so I'll be all set to game when it arrives, which will hopefully be early (every other order gamestop has shipped to me has arrived between 8-10am). Conveniently, I wound up with the day off from work too, lol.

Can you go down to the processing center or w/e with appropriate docs and get it ahead of time?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Tempted to go buy one at midnight from Shoppers and just sell off my Futureshop preorder. An additional 12 hours early. Bwahaha.. but I'll probably be too lazy.

zroid

Banned
Ugh I have to wait until 11 AM...I'm only getting Mario and the Deluxe console. Aren't they going to have game demos on the eShop for Wii U?

The only demo confirmed for day 1 is Rayman Legends, I think

Tempted to go buy one at midnight from Shoppers and just sell off my Futureshop preorder. An additional 12 hours early. Bwahaha.. but I'll probably be too lazy.

Are you getting the Basic? I was told Shoppers doesn't have any Deluxe units yet. Was planning to go at midnight too, but foiled. :(

HylianTom

Banned
Can you go down to the processing center or w/e with appropriate docs and get it ahead of time?

If it's UPS, you can call their distribution center and ask if they can change your shipment's status to "Hold For Pickup." Sometimes it works, and you'd be able to go to the distribution warehouse to get your prize.

TriGen

I'm getting the following...

Deluxe Wii U (So Nintendo Land obviously)
NSMBU
Little Inferno

I'm going to wait to see what else I might want. Those are my essentials. I was thinking of making NSMBU a DD but now I'm wondering if I should wait to see how everything shakes out with the servers/patch, and just go retail. I have to play Mario on my Wii U first, so I can't risk anything.

Yep, with my Wii U and games shipped, this is my official launch:

Wii U Deluxe
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Darksiders 2
Zombi U
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Downloadables"

Trine 2 (want to beat Trine 1 first though)
Mighty Switch Force

I think I'm forgetting one or two others, not sure. I don't have the list in front of me to check, hahaha.

Teknoman

Am I the only one disappointed we aren't getting either The Wonderful 101 or Pikmin 3? It seems to me those are two of the games that best shows the usefulness of the touchscreen part of the Gamepad in single-player gaming.

I wouldnt mind at least getting demos of them.

Fox Mulder

I'm getting the following...

Deluxe Wii U (So Nintendo Land obviously)
NSMBU
Little Inferno

I'm going to wait to see what else I might want. Those are my essentials. I was thinking of making NSMBU a DD but now I'm wondering if I should wait to see how everything shakes out with the servers/patch, and just go retail. I have to play Mario on my Wii U first, so I can't risk anything.

I'll buy digital only if it offers a savings over retail. Nintendo games hold value for awhile so you can always sell those later of your want.

Blasty

I just talked to Walmart.

The first time I called someone said to call back later.

The second time I called and ask if there was a midnight launch, she said she has to ask management.

Now, I just called, and wow... I asked if there was a midnight launch, they said tomorrow night... I'm just going to take that as a yes.

Asked this over 10 pages ago and didn't get any info so I'm gonna ask again...

I want to buy a hard drive for Wii U and not sure if it has to be USB 2.0 only or can it be 2.0/3.0? Cause I see some are label as 2.0 only and some are 2.0/3.0 and not sure which one to get.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I don't know shit about stuff like that :D

TriGen

Asked this over 10 pages ago and didn't get any info so I'm gonna ask again...

I want to buy a hard drive for Wii U and not sure if it has to be USB 2.0 only or can it be 2.0/3.0? Cause I see some are label as 2.0 only and some are 2.0/3.0 and not sure which one to get.

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I don't know shit about stuff like that :D

Either will work. As long as it supports 2.0 it's fine. A 3.0 backwards compatibale with 2.0 will work.

P90

I'm disappointed. But, tbh, With P4G on the Vita and the WiiU launch games, I will be set for awhile.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The only demo confirmed for day 1 is Rayman Legends, I think

Are you getting the Basic? I was told Shoppers doesn't have any Deluxe units yet. Was planning to go at midnight too, but foiled. :(

Nah, buying deluxe. :(

Just called the 24/7 SDM near me (125 Queensway) and like you said, only two Basic units on hand for the launch. Probably a good place to pick one up though, if someone was without a preorder. I don't think a SDM this far outside the core is going to get a line, or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom