• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Shopto seem to have a pretty good deal. ZombiU bundle + ME3 + TTT2 for £365.86. Sucks that I don't want ME3. I wonder how much I'd get for trading it in on day 1?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Found out today I got my $100 referral bonus from my friend starting at work here, guess it's going towards the launch haul.

Wii U Deluxe & NSMB U are pre-ordered at Best Buy. I'll also be picking up Zombi U, Sonic & All Stars Racing Trasnformed, and a White Pro Controller on launch day. My partner is in town, so I expect we will play a bunch of Sonic & NSMB U Sunday night. Can't wait.

Jtrizzy

Don't think we know what's eshop ready retail wise. I hear you on gamestop though. I did the line wait at Walmart for the Wii and wanted to avoid that this time so made sure to preorder. Not only is my gamestop not midnight launching they aren't even bothering to open early so 11 am sunday for me
Yeah mine isn't opening early either. I'm gonna try the Walmart route, if that doesn't work ill just have to wait.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Snagged this today!

PZYGO.png

Boerseun

Banned
Awesome thread! *thumbsup*

I can't wait to get my hands on this baby. Heck, making a "to buy" list seems futile when there are so many awesome titles available during the launch period. I'll definitely be getting Black Ops 2, Zombi U and New Super Mario Bros. U, but then there are so many awesome other games left. It's a fantastic conundrum to have, isn't it?

Snagged this today!

Great stuff! I reckon that's another one I'd love to have.

Ashler

Ordered my 2Tb HDD. Gonna go out all digital for the Wii U.

.. Now I just gotta wait for the damned thing to come out in Europe. :(

Hylian7

So I never got to preorder anywhere in time. Is there anywhere I could line up Saturday night/Sunday morning and possibly get the deluxe bundle?

Bog

Junior Ace
Madden and ME3 are on the shelf at TRU, so I'd say its safe to move them from "launch window" to Nov. 18 in the first post.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
That pic has Pikmin 2 right next to the Wii U games. It wants to be a launch title too!

As much as I would love for Pikimin 3 and Legends to be at launch, I'm already buying six games and my wallet couldn't take anymore. :p

So I never got to preorder anywhere in time. Is there anywhere I could line up Saturday night/Sunday morning and possibly get the deluxe bundle?

Best Buy. Mine is supposedly getting three times as many WiiU as they have pre-orders, and the majority of those extras are the deluxe bundle.

Ordered my 2Tb HDD. Gonna go out all digital for the Wii U.

.. Now I just gotta wait for the damned thing to come out in Europe. :(

did the same today and plan to do this as well

so the only retail disk I will have is my copy of Mass Effect 3 / Nintendo Land boxed

hopefully everything else I want can be downloaded on the 18th without issues but there should be a major rush on the eShop on launch day so who knows if I'll want to wait

Nintendo better have the servers ready

Alec

did the same today and plan to do this as well

so the only retail disk I will have is my copy of Mass Effect 3 / Nintendo Land boxed

hopefully everything else I want can be downloaded on the 18th without issues but there should be a major rush on the eShop on launch day so who knows if I'll want to wait

Nintendo better have the servers ready

I'm buying everything in a box on launch night and then waiting to open them until I can see the digital offerings. If everything is on the store, I'll return everything and trade in the physical Nintendo Land.

luffeN

YES! I'm not sure if I should buy NSMBU in retail or in the eShop. It's already expensive retail, and I fear for the eShop price... but I need to know!

Yep! Since I need some games day 1 for recording and I don't want to pay 60 @ GS if I can get it for less on the eShop.

Jtrizzy

I want to know if nsmbu will be available to download at midnight. I'd much rather have the digital version. Is there an embargo on the friggin e shop lol?

JaseMath

If I have a Wal-Mart layaway for a Deluxe, will they sell it if I'm not able to be there Sunday to pick it up?

Because I probably won't be. :*(

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Why is it that some boxes (like yours) look like a darker blue compared to the standard greenish?

Standard greenish? The only boxes I've seen (in real life) are pretty much just straight-blue.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Can anyone recommend a good 2TB Hard Drive for use with a Wii U?

Ridley327

I want to know if nsmbu will be available to download at midnight. I'd much rather have the digital version. Is there an embargo on the friggin e shop lol?

Yes, in the sense that the eShop isn't going live until the 18th.

Everyone gets to bombard the eShop together!

King_Moc

Banned
Shopto seem to have a pretty good deal. ZombiU bundle + ME3 + TTT2 for £365.86. Sucks that I don't want ME3. I wonder how much I'd get for trading it in on day 1?

That's the one i've gone for. Not that bothered about ME3, but it's basically free in that pack. I played the first 2, so i'll probably get round to it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom