• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurrygil

Ok kiddies, here we go!

Deluxe Bundle
w/ Nintendo Land
NSMBU
ZombiU
Scribblenauts Unlimited
FIFA13
Just Dance 4
Epic Mickey 2
Tank! Tank! Tank!
ACIII (maybe)

I'm going with the WD My Book 2TB HDD (On Amazon for $109)

Shazam! Wow. I'm getting a lot of stuff. ^_^

So if I already have a 500 GB HDD with some stuff on it, I need to completely wipe it clean in order to use it with the console? Is it just going to create a separate partition and wont read anything that isn't of that partition (and vice versa when reconnecting it to PC)?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So if I already have a 500 GB HDD with some stuff on it, I need to completely wipe it clean in order to use it with the console? Is it just going to create a separate partition and wont read anything that isn't of that partition (and vice versa when reconnecting it to PC)?

we aren't sure yet but most likely it'll wipe it clean.

Ridley327

It sounds like that the Wii U is going to completely take over the HDD when you format it, so get that stuff off of there ASAP.

beanman25

nice surprise from Amazon. refunded $10 on scribblenauts because the price went down. I had no idea it was a $49.99 game, so I'm pretty happy, haha

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Why in the hell is someone getting a hard drive bigger than, like, 250gb for the Wii U? 2TB drives? Are you guys nuts?

What am I missing - are they allowing people to install games to the HDDs or something?

Ridley327

Why in the hell is someone getting a hard drive bigger than, like, 250gb for the Wii U? 2TB drives? Are you guys nuts?

What am I missing - are they allowing people to install games to the HDDs or something?

I would imagine that they're going to be downloading a lot of retail games; with the games being on 25GB discs and at least one of them filling up a lot of that space, it adds up pretty quick.

This is the same type of thing I said when I got my 20 gig harddrive Xbox 360.

Then a month later I needed an upgrade.

inc77

Has there been any confirmation on what retail games will be immediately available on the eShop? I know Japan is getting pretty much all of it, but has there been any word on the US eShop?

Personally I have a spare 2 TB drive I haven't used lying around. I'm going to enjoy never having to worry about how much I've downloaded though :)

PhantomR

Banned
Has there been any confirmation on what retail games will be immediately available on the eShop? I know Japan is getting pretty much all of it, but has there been any word on the US eShop?

Yeah, that's the big question.

The fact that EA announced that none of their games will be available day 1 on the eShop is annoying. I didn't buy that hard drive for nothin :\

inc77

Yeah, that's the big question.

The fact that EA announced that none of their games will be available day 1 on the eShop is annoying. I didn't buy that hard drive for nothin :\

Yea, I am on the same boat. I'd rather go all digital if I could. Am afraid of picking up Assassin's Creed 3 this Sunday only to come home and see its also available on the eShop.

Banned
My body is - ah fuck it I hate that overused meme

My eb games is splitting two lineups, one for preorders, one for losers who didn't ;) they are opening early at 9am so ill get up at 8, get some Tim Hortons breakfast and eat it in my car lol. Then lineup.

Preordered:

Wii U Deluxe
New Super Mario Bros. U
Madden 13 (already have it thanks to origin store)
Black Wii Remote+
Black Wii Classic Controller Pro
Black Nunchuk
Black Wii U Pro Controller

Over $450 I spent, but I used $226 of trade credit towards all of this.

My second wave will be during boxing week, I will inevitably get gift cards and I will use it towards ZombiU and Darksiders II.

Third Wave will be Q2 and I will get The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, and Pikmin 3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone play that Transformers Prime game on Wii? I know IGN said the 3DS version was pretty good, but I might get the Wii U version as my first game since I enjoy the show.

Zomba13

Ok. Ordered the ZombiU bundle with TTT2 and ME3.
I plan on trading in or selling ME3 ASAP

Might get a HDD for it at some point. I can't see myself going DD for retail games (especially as I'd probably be able to get physical copies cheaper from online retailers) but I'll probably need a HDD if it has a good lot of digital only titles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it's expected to be Nintendo's big first quarter title; they've already sent out the pre-order cards that have the exclusive minifig attached, so they're going to be pushing it really hard.

Also, because Lego just release a Lego game this week, and it's on regular Wii.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Same reason I have a 32GB SD card in my 3DS. I'd rather have too much space than too little.

One day I hope to have enough money stockpiled to be able to buy the premium version of a launch console and basically all of it's launch games. One day...

Argh, GameStop rumors have me nervous. My GameStop refuses to answer the phone too. I've gotten texts from them about games being available, but I'd rather just pick it all up on Sunday.

Alec

:( 3DS doesn't completely take over SD cards. But that is different I guess...

Yeah, 3DS uses FAT32 so it can be shared with computers.

As someone who just filled up the 4GB SD card that came with the 3DS XL, I'm not taking any chances on running out of space with the Wii U. I've got a 1TB ready to go.

I've had a 1TB in my PS3 since launch and it's only got about 250GB left on it...so I can definitely see myself using that much space.

Anyone know if the Wii U shop cards are out yet? Points or $ amounts?

They are indeed out, and they will be in dollar amounts. I'm not 100% sure, but you should be to also use the red 3DS eshop cards on your Wii U as well. (Otherwise, the new card is orange and has both the system and the handheld on it.)

Ein Bear

Have just realised that Nintendo have dropped their weird spelling of 'Pack':

qG5z7.jpg

i59rY.jpg

phiJa.jpg

AQzw6.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
Deluxe Wii U
ZombiU
NSMBU
Darksiders II
Black Ops 2

All pre-ordered and fully paid.

Also, what rumour?

Effect

Okay. I'm going to cancel one of my NewEgg preorders and pick it up on the day I get my system rather then waiting until getting it in the middle of the week. Once again got a non-answer from them for when it would be shipped out or at least processed. Just need to decide between them. Black Ops 2 or ZombiU.

Any advice on what should be gotten first and which one I should wait to arrive in the mail? Looking forward to both equally and I can't make up my mind.

BlankaBR

Banned
Okay. I'm going to cancel one of my NewEgg preorders and pick it up on the day I get my system rather then waiting until getting it in the middle of the week. Once again got a non-answer from them for when it would be shipped out or at least processed. Just need to decide between them. Black Ops 2 or ZombiU.

Any advice on what should be gotten first and which one I should wait to arrive in the mail? Looking forward to both equally and I can't make up my mind.
Get BLOPS 2 more bang for your buck, you will finish ZombiU and than its over

Linkhero1

As someone who's playing through BlOps II, go with ZombiU. At least it's something new and you won't get pissed off at multiplayer.

It depends. What have you thought about previous CoD's?

Zombi U will no doubt be way fresher and more original, while Black Ops 2 will be more of the same.

Thraktor

Well done on the OT, Rösti, clear and well laid out with lots of info.

It's strange to think the console's just over two weeks away from sitting under my TV (EU here). It was announced a full year and a half ago, and I've spent an absurd amount of time since then speculating about it here on GAF.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I'll probably go with 500 gb myself. If the average game is around 10 gb, well, that's enough for me. 2 tb? No.

Effect

I've enjoyed the past few Call of Duty games. MW3's maps were horrible though. I hadn't considered the issues the multiplayer might have that first few days. So perhaps ZombiU might be the better choice. Then again everything with the CoD online could go surprising well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom