• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I've been working on this pretty much all day and am quite tired. There may still be some smaller inaccuracies with the lists of games available at launch day. I'll fix this tomorrow (Swedish time) and also post the contents for the Japanese release, as well as some minor extra things.

Standard greenish? The only boxes I've seen (in real life) are pretty much just straight-blue.

Often you come across something like this which definitely doesn't look like usual blue, much lighter and closer to something green (hence much worse imo), but maybe it's just bad pics.

Is there a Rayman Legends OT? I played the Wii U demo today at BB and I loved it.

Coming next year (hopefuly Q1). Nintendo oddly threw it on all demo units because they wanted to get a 'perfect demo' that allowed for co-op through multiple control types or single player with either, and also to show some serious love to Ubisoft and to stress that the Wii U can output some absolutely stunningly gorgeous HD res art.

Rösti;44346169 said:
I've been working on this pretty much all day and am quite tired. There may still be some smaller inaccuracies with the lists of games available at launch day. I'll fix this tomorrow (Swedish time) and also post the contents for the Japanese release, as well as some minor extra things.

GJ with it dude! I feel like there are one or two more confirmed day 1 eshop titles on top of Little Inferno.

Jtrizzy

Yes, in the sense that the eShop isn't going live until the 18th.

Everyone gets to bombard the eShop together!

Hmm. Wonder how big the file size will be for nsmbu, and even if its small, will the servers be so slammed that it takes hours to download even on a good connection.

backlot

Often you come across something like this which definitely doesn't look like usual blue, much lighter and closer to something green (hence much worse imo), but maybe it's just bad pics.

Still looks blue to me. It's probably just the lighting or picture quality that's making it look off to you.

No midnight launch at my local Best Buy, which is fine with me.

Always some kid at any gaming event that thinks he is your best friend because you both have handhelds.

backlot

Always some kid at any gaming event that thinks he is your best friend because you both have handhelds.

Oh man, I know that kid. I was playing Link to the Past on my GBA at the Wii launch and he had to tell me all about how he already beat that game. Then he pulled out his DS and demanded another group of people let him play Mario Kart with them.

Hmm. Wonder how big the file size will be for nsmbu, and even if its small, will the servers be so slammed that it takes hours to download even on a good connection.
Today's Nintendo Direct said:
- NSMBU is ~2GB, Nintendo Land is ~3.2GB. So, both won't fit into the Basic set at the same time.
According to the recent Nintendo Direct which talked about downloading/USB Hard drives and various other online features.

Jtrizzy

Well I could deal with dl'ing 2 gigs at midnight, assuming the servers aren't fucked, which is probably a pretty safe assumption. Will Walmart or GameStop refund my money if I tried to return nsmbu unopened the next day with a receipt?

I preordered mine from Walmart and am worried that it will never show up ever. It says it should be here by November 27th, but I have a feeling it won't ship for months.

No idea why, I just have a terrible feeling about this.

Blasty

I ended up canceling my online Toys R US preorder in favor of Walmart. Although, Walmart won't let us pay off the whole thing. I'm first on their list so hopefully I get mine.

I preordered mine from Walmart and am worried that it will never show up ever. It says it should be here by November 27th, but I have a feeling it won't ship for months.

No idea why, I just have a terrible feeling about this.
The last console I preordered at Walmart shipped on launch day and they weren't even obligated to honor my order (it was the 360 stealth page debacle) so I wouldn't worry about it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
No midnight launch at my local Best Buy, which is fine with me.

Oh god, this exact thing happened to me at the LOZ symphony. My girlfriend thought it was hilarious.... I didn't.

Rösti;44346169 said:
Thanks for the ot, it's pretty awesome.

MicH

Is a 2TB harddrive really necessary? It seems like a lot to me, but perhaps it's a good idea if you go digital and some of the file sizes are big (as in Tekken 17 gb big :p)

I'm using an old 500 gb hard drive, I believe that should be enough. Never filled my 160 PS3 :p Though I am quite undecided about whever I'm gonna go full on digital or not. It's so much more convenient, but so much more expensive (god damn it, NoE)

beanman25

Is a 2TB harddrive really necessary? It seems like a lot to me, but perhaps it's a good idea if you go digital and some of the file sizes are big (as in Tekken 17 gb big :p)

I'm using an old 500 gb hard drive, I believe that should be enough. Never filled my 160 PS3 :p Though I am quite undecided about whever I'm gonna go full on digital or not. It's so much more convenient, but so much more expensive (god damn it, NoE)

I'll be using my 250gb drive. About half left on it. Should be enough for a while.

RkOwnage

There are some shady people working at my Gamestop. I preordered my Wii U @ 12:30pm on 9/13, the day they announced the pricing details of the system. I was told that day I was the first person to preorder the system, which is fine, as long as I was within the first 10 people, I really wasn't concerned.

Today I went in to pay off ZombieU and NSMBU, and was told they had limited amounts and not all preorder people were guarunteed to get a Wii, when I showed him my receipt and told him I was told I was the first preorder, he responds with:

"Oh, we'll see, we can't guaruntee it to you, we'll have to see..."

Way to add some unnecessary stress to my weekend, pal. And so much for pre-order guaruntee.

D-e-f-

Banned
Rösti;44346169 said:

Thanks for all the hard work :)

Guys I'm kinda broke.

Same :(

May need to try and cash in some early bday money or something ...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'll be using my 250gb drive. About half left on it. Should be enough for a while.

unfortunately you may not want to do that since the wii u reformats your drive. after that you cannot use the drive with a PC unless you reformat it again. we are still not sure if you are able to partition the drives though.

ROFL, I'm sure with some phone calls, people could get this guy into trouble if he did indeed steal these copies. I really don't know how else he'd have so many copies of one game, not even launched yet. Still funny though.

He has stacks of a couple other games too!

MYE

Guys, I'm kinda looking for a HDD that will look good next to the Wii U system when displayed vertically.

dscf8063.jpg

Maybe something like this but with a vertical stand

Makes me wonder why nintendo doesnt release an official line of HDDs that complements the design of the system. I'd buy it even if it was a bit more expensive.

I'm so pumped. I have a Deluxe console on preorder from Toys R Us' website. Not getting my hopes up for it going out before Monday, but at least I opted for one-day shipping.

AzaK

Snagged this today!

Nice! I would have loved that for Aus/NZ launch but I think we get that next year - stoopid Nintendo. In fact, based on the OP we're getting WAY fewer games at launch.

QUOTE=MYE;44348000]Guys, I'm kinda looking for a HDD that will look good next to the Wii U system when displayed vertically.
[/QUOTE]

You could not bother about aesthetics and just hide it in the cabinet out of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom