• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuro

Better hardware = HTC 8X

Better software = Lumia

If you don't need Nokia apps then get the 8X.
Thanks, my mom liked the nokia apps(Whats this about offline gps maps?) as well as the phone aesthetically more than the 8x(Not to mention cheaper) and theres a buy one get one free deal here so I think she's going to do that and then I'll get the extra phone(which works for me as I've had this dumb phone for 3 years). I'm not too big on phone apps so I'm just happy to have a nice camera for once.

Are there any cross compatible stuff with windows 8?

PG2G

Looking forward to the Qualcomm keynote, since that is probably what we'll be seeing in our phones later this year.

Found this

Well the Snapdragon 600 is essentially a beefed up S4 Pro; Quad Core Krait CPU and Adreno 320 GPU now clocked higher for a announced 40ù speed boost compared to the S4 Pro.

The Snapdragon 800 is where the fun begins…This new SoC will pack new Krait 400 CPUs and and new Adreno 330 GPU. The whole packaged is promised to be 75% faster than the current S4 Pro. It will also have support for WiFi 802.11AC, QFHD video encoding and should start appearing in devices in Q3/Q4 of 2013 while the Snapdragon 600 will hit the market in Q2 2013.

Sooo... 75% faster than something that is 100% faster (twice the cores and a better GPU) than what we have now.

Update on the previous problem I had with the app "Cocktail Flow" that seems to crash on me before is now updated and that fixed my problem. But then a new one crops up for a different app ;___;

Can anyone check in Whatsapp that if they can attach any pictures from "Screenshot" folder? I tried to attach some screenshots and it just close me out back to the previous menu. :\

hwalker84

Looking forward to the Qualcomm keynote, since that is probably what we'll be seeing in our phones later this year.

Found this

Sooo... 75% faster than something that is 100% faster (twice the cores and a better GPU) than what we have now.

Give me the Snapdragon 800 with Nokia or Surface branding.

dLMN8R

Better hardware = HTC 8X

Better software = Lumia

If you don't need Nokia apps then get the 8X.

Completely disagree here. After using my Lumia for the past couple months, the 8X's I've used just feel cheap. The weight on the 920 feels perfectly natural now, and the incredible camera and super sensitive touch easily make the hardware capabilities superior too. Not to mention the fact that the 920 has double the storage of the 8X.

Milchjon

Spot the error:

imm711_thumb.jpg

Good news, the webshop who made the error of selling Lumia 920 contract for too cheap will honor it! I just got a 6 euro Nokia Lumia 920 with 200 minutes, 1GB internet for 26 euros a month! And now the waiting game..

Congrats, you lucky bastard.

Thanks! Lucky, and somewhat sly :p I've heard that other people who also profitted from the error got contacted by the webshop cancelling the order and that it might happen to me too, but today I called them and I think a newbie answered and I made him send me an email confirming that I will be getting the cheap contract :p So even if (or when) they call me and try to cancel/ change my order, I can give them the finger and redirect them to their own email.

Now when I get the thing I'm selling it and buying a Sony Xperia Z.

just kidding

or am I :p

Thanks! Lucky, and somewhat sly :p I've heard that other people who also profitted from the error got contacted by the webshop cancelling the order and that it might happen to me too, but today I called them and I think a newbie answered and I made him send me an email confirming that I will be getting the cheap contract :p So even if (or when) they call me and try to cancel/ change my order, I can give them the finger and redirect them to their own email.

Now when I get the thing I'm selling it and buying a Sony Xperia Z.

just kidding

or am I :p

I'll give you €10 for it. You'll be making a profit.

WP Blog: Huawei joins the Windows Phone 8 family with the Ascend W1

The Ascend W1 a 4” device that packs a 480 x 800 display, a dual-core 1.2 Ghz Snapdragon processor, 5MP rear and .3MP front-facing cameras, and 4GB of internal storage. You can add another 32GB via the built-in MicroSD slot to give yourself plenty of space for your music, videos and movies. Huawei also included a 1950mAh battery (pretty big for a phone of this size) that the company says is good for a monster 470 hours of standby time. That figure makes it #1 in stand-by battery life out of all of dual-core Windows Phone 8 devices on the market.

Huawei_2D00_W1red_2D00_photography_2D00_combination_2D00_20121225_5F00_3F1F574B.jpg

Huawei_2D00_W1white_2D00_photography_2D00_combination_2D00_20121225_5F00_10C8624F.jpg

DSC07346_5F00_5747E308.jpg

DSC07348_5F00_4FBF044C.jpg

Subitai

Only if the carriers care to push them. Speaking of which, the 822 sold better than the 8X on Verizon.
That's me! Any word on a "922" coming to Verizon?

I couldn't afford to wait for something that looked nicer. I'm pretty pleased so far with my 822 even though I see I am missing a little stuff when I read through WP-Gaf threads.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I just got a replacement 920 and in my Games Hub my friends list doesn't show up? Never had that happen before.

Edit: Finally synced my friends. Just took a while for some reason.

buhdeh

It's pretty much 100% confirmed at this point the event is about Instagram for WP.

"We wanted to make Instagram even more accessible to users. We are introducing Instagram for iPad, Android tablets, and BlackBerry 10" *10 minute demo later* "We have also developed a WAP site for our users to access on any device."

kn1ves24

I know this has probably been discussed before but are there any alternatives to xbox live music on the WP platform?

I loved the Zune service on WP7, but without a proper app for collecting/organizing music AND syncing it to the device all in one go the xbox music service kinda falls flat for me. Even if I try to just do everything from the phone the playlist creation is half baked and its just too tedious to find new stuff. Also album art and artist pictures almost never work or sync right.

Back when I was using iOS I used rdio and really liked it. It basically had everything I wanted, easy playlist creation, syncing to the device, multiple platforms supported. The app on WP is another story though, it constantly goes to "buffering" for songs that are stored directly on the device.

Is Spotify not available on WP? or are there other services out there that I am missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom