• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hunter x Hunter 2x6

I continue to be amazed at how faithful this is to the adaption, especially visually. Every episode is packed with shots that mimic the manga panels almost identically. Its really a thrill

Andrew J.

HapCha Precure 09

Wow, way to rush to your dojo's defense, Fortune. There were two other known local Precures, and somehow you let three of them beat you to confronting the bad guys.

Seraph looks so good. The mika in the back and Yuu.
B6iwXGnCUAAUrxr.png:large

Seraph looks so good. The mika in the back and Yuu.

lol at the synopsis

One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.

how convenient haha. Adults are grossssssss

That's close to that one movie about vampires using humans as livestock that was bad and I don't remember the name of

Edit: Oh yeah Daybreakers, had to really shuffle my brain to remember that one

Is that the one with Willem Dafoe? I don't even fucking know haha.

My first thought went to "hey this guy's motivations sounds like Eren from Attack on Titan". Also it sells itself as Dark fantasy. Let's hope it doesn't jump the shark like Attack on Titan did (in the manga).

HEROMAN - 16

FsSbAJu.gif

Despite the worries I had during the beginning of this arc, the show managed to keep its footing really well!

My only complaint at the end of this arc is that
for some reason, the Dr. Minami's henchwoman apparently gets off scot-free. Like, shouldn't she be in jail with him and the others? Did she run away during the battle and forge a new identity or something? I don't know. Even so, it's not too big of a distraction.

In any case, the next arc seems to be a return to what I enjoyed about this show in the first place, so that's definitely a plus.

Show's back in its full awesome glory folks!

Quasar

Tigre-kun to Vannadis-chu 0-12 - Kawaii. Not much to add. Fun little addon. Don't normally like chibi series, but this somehow kept my interest.

Is that the one with Willem Dafoe? I don't even fucking know haha.

My first thought went to "hey this guy's motivations sounds like Eren from Attack on Titan". Also it sells itself as Dark fantasy. Let's hope it doesn't jump the shark like Attack on Titan did (in the manga).

Sad to say, but the series is really generic. Attack on Titan is far better and that's coming from a person who believes Attack on Titan is average.

So the only thing you can look forward to is the animation and maybe the OST.

JCG

This is nothing compared to table-kun, and that was years ago.

It's a very short scene, but if they showed this exactly like in the manga or with added detail, it could easily come across as slightly more explicit than what you're indicating.

I'm getting the impression that the Maria anime staff is wisely choosing to suggest rather than show certain things, going by the first episode, so they might either skip that scene or just make it more implicit.

Though it must be said that I did find table-kun hilarious enough to not be bothered by it back in the day.

My instantaneous dislike of geass artstyle thankfully spared me from learning what this name implies.

Shame, that allergy to CLAMP also means you probably didn't watch or read Magic Knight Rayearth either.

Tigre-kun to Vannadis-chu 0-12 - Kawaii. Not much to add. Fun little addon. Don't normally like chibi series, but this somehow kept my interest.

It's really a nice side show, the jokes work and that mini serie did serve as added character develloppement.

I love it.

John Blade

On Episode 13 on Full Metal Panic!. Liking it so far. Man...I am literally going through the show too fast this weekend.

For the Manga, is it worth reading it and how about the light novel as I did saw this when I check the wiki.

Mr.Jeff

Gundam Build Fighters - 01
Hmmmmm. I'm of two minds about this. I'm definitely enjoying the fighting sequences but I'm having the similar problem of a weird disconnect between the battles and reality that I felt in Summer Wars; the actions towards the fantasy aspect are too over dramatic and inconsistent with the real world. Like Reiji appearing in the booth from nowhere but literally no-one seeing him arrive.

Aside from that because no-one really cares about that. get rekt Gyankid. Your gunpla got fucked up as punishment for basically walking into someone else's house, bullying the shit out of them, breaking their stuff and then saying "hey, want to be my friend?". What a jerk.

Sei's pretty simple though. He went from wanting to be a fighter to just wanting someone to fight for him.

HEROMAN - 17

Oh man.

So it looks like Will this whole time has been destroying remnants of the Skrugg. That and he looks like a total badass villain (or anti-hero?) now.

He also said something about things moving around underneath them too. We talking the return of the Skrugg? The return of Kogorr? Sure looks that way from the opening!

Things are definitely getting more exciting and this arc only just started!

Mr.Jeff

I'm just lashing out at everyone since Mr. Jeff started bullying me.

You can't bully the willing Narag. As you found out with Sabre.

Gundam Build Fighters - 02
That was a pretty enjoyable fight. There was also some nice facial detailing particularly on Gorilla boy when he was getting angry.
Kinda a bit weirded out by Sei not being the one who's going to be battling at the moment. While I appreciate the building is an important part, it makes him feel a bit redundant for the fighting. It feels a bit like rooting for the Coach in Ippo when Ippo's doing the fighting.

Also, Ral just fucking loves Gunpla huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom