• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

54AE4752430639002E

new GitS movie coming out this summer.

teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUEktyhOSxg

Oh god more Arise-esque garbage. IG aren't going to be satisfied until they run this one into the ground. Every instalment in the GITS anime franchise has been worse than the last and it looks like they want to continue that trend.
Diebuster is so much greater than Gunbuster. Maybe it has something to do with seeing Diebuster first but Gunbuster simply does not compare to it.

~wan wan

This is getting worse and worse. Please fix it.
That new Tokyo Ghoul OP is awful.

Garbage tier.

Ore Monogatari!! staff:

Director: Morio Asaka (Chihayafuru)
Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
Character Design: Kunihiko Hamada (Chihayafuru)
Studio: MADHOUSE

Cast:

Takeo Gōda: Takuya Eguchi
Rinko Yamato: Megumi Han
Makoto Sunakawa: Nobunaga Shimazaki

Morio Asaka? I'm there for this day one.

Although I guess this also means a longer wait until a new season of Chihayafuru comes along.

theres also hard sci fi which is more realistic. Lots of subgenres. So hard to pick a best one.

There's hard sci-fi, soft sci-fi, there's dystopian futures, space operas. Heck there's horror in frankenstein When one thinks of science fiction there are way too many possibilities of what it constitutes.

Ore Monogatari!! staff:

Cast:

MADHOUSE? Take me now! So fucking hyped for this. Now all we need is a proper horimiya anime and romance anime will be saved from melodramatic bullshit.

Tenumi

Banned
KanColle: 01

Yeah... thanks but no thanks. Not my cup of tea to be honest. Didn't really hook me into watching any more episodes of it.

Jex

[Shirobako] - 13

This show is now fully established. I don't feel the urge or the need to inform the general populous about how enjoyable this show is to watch how interesting it is to see a (fictionalised) representation of how anime is produced). It's still impressive that they do a great job balancing character development, 'plot development' and teaching the audience about anime all in a single episode that's actually fun to watch.

There's not really much more to say because this show has been incredibly consistent and it looks like it's going to continue in this manner for it's second cour. Rejoice.

Serious

Quick question.
Since Soukyuu no Fafner EXODUS is airing in ~ 2 hours, I was wondering.
Can anybody tell me if there is any point in watching this without watching the first season?
I've heard it's a direct sequel but that's kinda weird with such a huge time gap (10 years or something?).

The first season and movie are required. It's a direct sequel that takes place 2 years after the movie.

Saekano 0

Well it's a lewd show with a harem setup, with a lot of jokes about the genre despite playing right into the conventions. But I actually enjoyed it, and found a lot of the jokes pretty effective.

Ore Monogatari!! staff:

Cast:

As expected. If the manga is as good as people say, should be an enjoyable watch.

Shirobako 13:
Best anime of 2014 looks on track to be the best anime of 2015, too.

This episode was a perfect reintroduction to the series after the long layoff. It's nice to see Aoi moving up in the world, although her struggles are going to be much bigger now. She has a lot more responsibility, but despite how overwhelmed she is, we can see that she's a good choice for the job. She does a great job at getting Kinoshita into shape for the planning, and she deals with people very well. This is going to be a good position for her.

Ogasawara's decision to step back from character designing was a surprise, but it lets Iguchi go through a new experience, and she seems to be doing fairly well at it. This show really excels at giving a lot of the characters an arc and having them have to learn how to hone their skills. It's also nice to see more of Ogasawara's personality, which we've seen a bit of in the last episode and a few other times. Despite how quiet she normally is, she definitely has a lot worth listening to, and she should be a good mentor.

I like how the arc is already showing us the difficulties of working on an adaptation, between not being able to get a hold of the writer, the uncertainty of where the story is going and how it should end, as well as the need to make sure you do right by the original manga. It should be interesting to see where the rest of the series goes.

Shirobako continues to just be a really excellent show. There's only so much that can be said about it at this point, because it's really just a consistently great show week in and week out. We don't deserve something this good.

Mature

Hmmmm. Now I'm curious what's the top rated sci-fi anime. I mean I'm sure Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Yamato 2199 will be there.
Cowboy Bebop probably has the most realized and full science fiction setting in anime. It's also just beautiful to behold in all of its dirty analog glory.

But outside of Bebop, Magnetic Rose is probably my number one.

2014 Fall Preliminary First Volume Sales

*9,588 *3 Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru [BD+DVD] 
*8,592 *3 Psycho-Pass Season 2 [BD+DVD] 
*7,912 *2 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*7,732 *2 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD] 
*6,299 *2 SHIROBAKO [BD] 
*5,324 *2 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
*5,161 *2 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,198 *2 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*3,850 *3 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,540 *2 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD]
*2,948 *2 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]  
*1,755 *2 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD] 
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE [BD] 
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD] 
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD] 
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD] 

Source with some updated numbers in the comments.

Tokyo Ghoul √A - 01

Really good start to another season. Kaneki's a badass and YES.......

They calmed down on that censorship.

Fuck that OP tho

1f8fa.png

Blusby

Absolutely disgusting.

*6,299 *2 SHIROBAKO [BD] 
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD] 2014/12/19 

Told you guys Yuuki Yuuna won't lost to Crossange
And sadly after yesterday's restock, Shirobako is sold out again and need to wait at least 1 month for another restock lol.

Saekano - 00

It had some fun moments, like the characters putting their intentions behind the making of their game and the MC introducing the harem as if he was writing the script in real time.
But this was a prequel so I think it'd be unfair to rule it out as of now. I'll see how the 'first' episode goes before I decide. Hell, I may watch it through just for glorious Michiru

TUSR

Banned
Saekano - 00

It had some fun moments, like the characters putting their intentions behind the making of their game and the MC introducing the harem as if he was writing the script in real time.
But this was a prequel so I think it'd be unfair to rule it out as of now. I'll see how the 'first' episode goes before I decide. Hell, I may watch it through just for glorious Michiru

picked up.

*6,299 *2 SHIROBAKO [BD] 

The test has been failed.

We don't deserve Shirobako or Reconguista in G if it's going to be outsold by shit like Amagi Brilliant Park, Cross Ange or Psycho Pass.

iavi

Tokyo Ghoul √A - 01

Really good start to another season. Kaneki's a badass and YES.......

They calmed down on that censorship.

Fuck that OP tho

1f8fa.png

Seriously. That OP felt like an ED. No hype whatsoever

Episode was pretty dope, though. They took a surprisingly hard melancholic tone right out the gate

Jex

*6,299 *2 SHIROBAKO [BD] 
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]  

That's fairly depressing, all things considered. Apart from Shirobako selling a decent amount of units.

Joe Molotov

Saekano - 00

aYLE9Y2.gif

Rainy

Banned
Shigatsu 12

Decent episode. Nothing can compare to the Goosehouse OP but this one is alright. I actually like this ED better than the first one.

Kaori's parents are pretty funny. But that cliffhanger...death flags, death flags everywhere!

PK Gaming

Told you guys Yuuki Yuuna won't lost to Crossange
And sadly after yesterday's restock, Shirobako is sold out again and need to wait at least 1 month for another restock lol.

Yuki Yuna beat Crossange and Psycho Pass?

Niiiiiiice

Now I just need to watch the latest episode of Shirobako, and I might be able to turn this crappy day around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom