• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Someone tell me please, which episode of G-Reco was it that Bellri's mom entered orbit on a glider? want to resume watching, forgot where I was uh.

lol Congratulations are in order I think. Now watch the movie and tell me if its any good.

Thanks, that's my plan. Will post impressions after watching it.

To Outer Space everyone of us!

clint-eastwood-nodding.gif

Assassination Classroom - 02

Hmm, I'm not feeling this that much, I just don't seem to find it that much entertaining nor funny so far. Just meh. Maybe this new character coming up can make some impact on me.
Sensei and baseball-kun stuff was nice though. I heard this has some good stuff from mango people, so I'll probably keep chugging anyway.

Clov

Aniplex's announcements are out. Koimonogatari finally releases here on February 24th. As for the other, less important announcements, there's a domestic version of Madoka Rebellion coming out with a dub, so you can get that if you didn't want the import last time. There's also another Kill la Kill volume, two Nisekoi volumes, and a new BD collection of Durarara.

fertygo

Death Parade - 02

Info dump episode, I do feel its not necessarily needed to take the whole eps, but I guess what else that you can put there.

Nona is as awesome as expected, and its should've more merrier with extra judge for next game!

And I think the flawed and vague judgement concept is intentional, like everything about the concept in religion.

Quasar

So during the ANNCast for 1/16/2015, ANN conducted an interview with Funimation and a moderator over at Fandom Post who goes by the name WTK summarized the whole thing. Some interesting things here:

Underperforming titles: HAL, A Certain Magical Index (high streaming #s), A Certain Scientific Railgun (high streaming #s); did Index S2 on BD based on fan feedback

That's a bummer. Especially if there's any more Index-verse content incoming.

Though really I kind of expect that to be the norm. High streaming, low disc sales as only collectors feel the need to own media.

digital copies on BD/DVD? A: discussed, no answer

I am kind of surprised they haven't jumped on board offering (I guess) ultraviolet codes for the BD releases. Or something similar to the new Disney system.

Clov

I thought JoJo did have a dub? Or is that only Part 3

It's only a few episodes of Stardust Crusaders that was dubbed, as a way for Warner Japan to shop the series around to see if anyone was interested. At least, that's what I heard.

They likely don't show subtitled content on Toonami because that's not what their target audience wants.

Garo - 14

A nice little sidestory. I liked the idea of involving the horrors in beloved tales of their world, and the rivalry between them.
The end was kinda abrupt though. The moment I saw German at that castle next to the bandit daughter I just started laughing, thinking he did something with her. Oh, and I guess seeing Ema was nice, that whole minute that was spent on her and Leon.

Rainy

Banned
Cinderella Girls 2

Enjoyed the second episode as well. The other girls seem pretty cool.
Can't wait to see what happens with the preparation for the concert.

Don't even know what girl I like best yet, Anya looks cute though.

KLK is their most requested show by a large margin. It had to happen at some point.

Well it's good for them then. I kinda doubted it would ever show because of how sexual it is but I guess not. Maybe they can do PSG next lol

They don't show subtitled content on Toonami because it's a ratings kiss of death

They never even tried it tho
Don't they have dead hours in the A.M. with nothing but Naruto and InuYasha reruns?

Hmm, I'm not feeling this that much, I just don't seem to find it that much entertaining nor funny so far. Just meh. Maybe this new character coming up can make some impact on me.
Sensei and baseball-kun stuff was nice though. I heard this has some good stuff from mango people, so I'll probably keep chugging anyway.

I think it will really take off about halfway through, once all the intro stuff and what not.

Mature

Don't they have dead hours in the A.M. with nothing but Naruto and InuYasha reruns?
You'd be surprised what kind of ratings Inuyasha can get at any hour. It's bizarre.

And, yeah, subtitles are always a ratings kiss of death on television. It's just one of those things, I guess.

Grexeno

They've never tried it because there is already plenty of evidence from other networks that that is what happens, I imagine.

And no, the current lineup does not have classic Naruto and classic InuYasha on it.

Crocodile

There are better shows Toonami could have gotten but if this gets them ratings so be it.

Re-watching this with the first timers in the Toonami thread will be hilarious though. I'm already looking forward to the reactions :)

Can't wait for the Ragyou/Satsuki scene and word getting out they didn't watch past the third ep or something so never saw it coming.

LOL

Eh, it's just kinda boring. Dropped it after the first half where some student gets Baseball tips from the teacher; as if anyone cares. It's simply not really funny outside of the premise itself and I'm also not expecting to get really clever and fun to follow assassination attempts. I mean what is this shit, throwing a baseball? Even after just episode 1 it's clear that wouldn't work.

There's also a bunch of, from me usually despised, very short flashbacks to some tragic and import background story for teacher Koro.

Oh and in case you didn't already understand it, Koro is totally destroying the earth if they fail, he even destroyed the moon already!! Also it's totally ironic that this monster is actually a great teacher. Because...because he wants to destroy the earth, get it? Yet he happens to be very ambitious about his job!

I haven't started the second season yet

welp!

Honestly second season of Tokyo Ghoul is much better than first season, considering the Author of the manga is the one who wrote the alternative route for season 2. Instead of cramming 78 chapters into 12 episodes it's an anime original. Also the OST is God tier and the pacing is much better than first season, plus we get to see the Author's beautiful art in the ending.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 26

Much like the first ep of this season, kinda meh. Since this was covered in the OVA already, have some familiarity with it. Hopefully the stuff I haven't seen delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom