• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I hear otherwise, I am going to assume AS is going to censor things.

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/556246870893543424

Can't wait for the Ragyou/Satsuki scene and word getting out they didn't watch past the third ep or something so never saw it coming.

That's why they picked up Tenchi Muyo! GXP, I think. They saw Tenchi Muyo and put it on the block. Of course they will probably be more careful now.
To date that's the only Tenchi Muyo show I watched.
Oh I guess I watched one episode of Ai Tenchi Muyo too

Kansoku

Koufuku Graffiti 02

It's a SHAFT show alright.

Death Parade 02

Exactly as I thought it was. I would say that this wasn't necessary, but seeing the discussion that took place here with the first episode makes me question that.

Also Nona is great.

Grexeno

Another shitty show airing on Toonami? Man, that lineup is getting depressing aside from Inuyasha and One Piece (and some shows airing too late in the night for anyone to even see).
Well, while you may personally dislike the lineup, it's doing just fine in ratings and that's what's going to matter in the end when it comes to future decisions about the block.

dan2026

Cant believe Toonami would get something as middling as Kill La Kill over something legitimately great like Hunter x Hunter.

KLK doesn't do anything particularly well and only has 1 or maybe 2 genuinely funny episodes.

Also Nona is great.

I would eat a slightly melted Terry's Chocolate Orange out of Nona's armpits.

Narag

That's why they picked up Tenchi Muyo! GXP, I think. They saw Tenchi Muyo and put it on the block. Of course they will probably be more careful now.
To date that's the only Tenchi Muyo show I watched.

I could swear that's the line they used for SAO lol

Cant believe Toonami would get something as middling as Kill La Kill over something legitimately great like Hunter x Hunter.

How's the HxH dub anyhow?

Moaradin

KLK doesn't do anything particularly well and only has 1 or maybe 2 genuinely funny episodes.

Everyone wants to see HxH on Toonami but we don't even know who has the licensing rights for it. We're not going to see it on Toonami anytime soon until it has a dub.

I don't know what's going on that nobody has dubbed HxH. The perfect fit for Toonami, really. I think there's some kind of rights issue blocking it, the same reason why they haven't shown any Gundam shows?

Grexeno

Everyone wants to see HxH on Toonami, but there is the small problem of no one has even announced that they have the rights, much less actually having a dub.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 53 (engDub)

Pretty great episode due to that which happened and everyones comments.
They gave no hints at all in previous episodes that that guy would be Tasuke Ryuuinji. It wasnt until Big Z started taking note that I was like it has to be Tasuku Ryuuinji.

Not as good as Gargantuan Punisher but the time stop mechanic is cool.

Clov

There is no Hunter X Hunter dub. Not for the 2011 version anyway.

That's their point. No dub means it can't air on Toonami.

I have no idea why nobody has licensed Hunter x Hunter for home video. I remember hearing something about someone getting the rights for it (which was why Viz couldn't get it), but nothing has come of that at all. It's a total mystery right now.

Grexeno

I don't know what's going on that nobody has dubbed HxH. The perfect fit for Toonami, really. I think there's some kind of rights issue blocking it, the same reason why they haven't shown any Gundam shows?
Yeah, Gundam was in complete legal limbo until a few months ago, but I don't know if the TV rights actually got picked up.

Narag

I have no idea why nobody has licensed Hunter x Hunter for home video. I remember hearing something about someone getting the rights for it (which was why Viz couldn't get it), but nothing has come of that at all. It's a total mystery right now.

I'm still shocked it showed up on Netflix as it did.

Theonik

That's their point. No dub means it can't air on Toonami.

I got it to save the world from its mediocrity.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fuck that, give me Build Fighters or give me death.

I hear that, but I base this on what RightStuf said back when they picked up Gundam. G-Reco is coming via another distributor and that makes me think it is being gear towards Toonami.

dan2026

Death Parade 2

1421457336363.jpg

Aniplex's announcements are out. Koimonogatari finally releases here on February 24th. As for the other, less important announcements, there's a domestic version of Madoka Rebellion coming out with a dub, so you can get that if you didn't want the import last time. There's also another Kill la Kill volume, two Nisekoi volumes, and a new BD collection of Durarara.

And yet still no announcement for a domestic Persona 3 release.

I might get Rebellion and the reissue for DRRR at some point, though.

Clov

And yet still no announcement for a domestic Persona 3 release.

I might get Rebellion and the reissue for DRRR at some point, though.

I wonder if they're planning on waiting until all three movies are out before starting the domestic releases.

Now that Koimonogatari is out the door, my next concern is with Mushishi. I'll be upset if it doesn't get a BD release.

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (Movie version)

- UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD -

Well, what can I say? This time I'll try to at least give my opinion on what happened. First, the redesigns:

Wing Zero: Terrible, what the hell were they thinking with those "angel wings"? It looked corny and too "hurr durr, symbolism".
Nataku: Ok, nothing to add.
Deathscythe: Finally looked badass as it should, the poncho disappeared and it looked like something Batman would use.
Heavyarms: You know what's better than two guns? Four guns.
Sandrock: Hated it, absolutely hated it. The OG one was beautiful, the colors looked awesome and matched the place where he came from. The new one looked like a 01 failed clone.

Now, the pilots:
Heero: Started to grow on me, not a very good character but at least it wasn't the worst.
Quatre: Not many changes, so I'll just skip him.
Duo: Still the best.
Trowa: Holy shit Trowa, have you been lifting?
Wu Fei: DEAR GOD TAKE THIS GUY OUT OF THE SCREEN, HE'S TERRIBLE.

The plot:
I could say that it was a bit better than the regular episodes, but saying that would be null, since anything can be better than most Gundam Wing episodes. Bringing back Operation Meteor 2: Electric Boogaloo was a mistake, IMO. And adding even another shitty little girl was even worse, how can they be so good in creating unlikable little/teenager girls? They must create a course on how to do that, they are pros. Besides that, plot armor (or should I say, Gundanium armor) was in full effect in the last stretch of the story, so anything that I thought could happen was wrong. How can they rise the stakes when nobody ever dies? C'mon. Wu Fei being a whiny little bastard and fucking things up again was so bad that I wish he just died already, goddamn how can one character be so far away from what I originally expected.

The action:
Wow, I must confess, even though sometimes it looked strange the animation was kinda good, much better than the original series. I know, it is a movie / OVA, so they can use more resources, but even then it was miles better. It surprised me, actually. At least I could watch Gundams doing gundam-ish stuff without getting too bored.

Final thoughts:
To all my friends that thought that I wouldn't be able to watch this series, I thank you for doubting me, it gave me strength to keep going. Now I can finally move on.

To watch more Gundam.

Well, while you may personally dislike the lineup, it's doing just fine in ratings and that's what's going to matter in the end when it comes to future decisions about the block.

And I'm happy that the block is doing well (Toonami was a big part of my childhood, and it's good to have a home for anime on mainstream TV in the US). But I do wish they could air more good shows. They were doing decently for awhile, airing stuff like Casshern Sins, Eureka Seven, Space Dandy, etc. I just think it's a shame that so much of the block is made up of bad shows.

Narag

Death Parade 2

As much as I like the arbiter stuff, I can't help but wonder if this episode could have been handled better whether it be something with a longer run time with elements from 1 & 2 integrated into one contiguous package or a more simplified yet fresh morality tale to be observed. Removing so much ambiguity just feels strange unless the viewer was meant to empathize with Decim after viewing events like he did.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Toonami announcement: Kill La Kill on Toonami

Oooooh shit!

Can't wait for the Ragyou/Satsuki scene and word getting out they didn't watch past the third ep or something so never saw it coming.

Yessssss. I can't wait for the reactions!

====================================

THE iDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS - 02

vdlNMxo.png

Bow to your true queen!

Another enjoyable episode. Mio has the energy needed to be a passion type idol and will no doubt become a valuable asset to the group as a morale booster. Anastasia and Ranko stand out from the majority of the cast for their beauty and style respectively, the latter getting special treatment with their introduction. The Kirari/Anzu combo is absolutely adorable, I really hope they get more screen time together in the future. Having Riina in the project is cool, but leaving her friend Natsuki out is just garbage.

cNlbYdx.png

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

This show would've been something else if they focused on the top tier idols. My god.

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 02

My favorite im@s so far are Russian girl and Chuuni Goth Lolita.

Those two are going to be the heavy favorites just because they stand out so easily. RIP everyone else.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A Episode 2

The title to Episode 3 is "Hanged Man." :0

VIOQlvu.jpg

Ishidaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Oh the suffering oh the suffering shall being.😬
Such brilliant foreshadowing I must say.

rPTSuwe.jpg

My boy Arima going hard.
A sneak peek of Arima was shown, gosh I can't wait to see more of this bastard. Akira is finally introduced whom is the daughter of Mado and has a wonderful personality. Yeah Amon I'm really sorry you got rejected but there's always a next time. Anyways things are about to go down with the CCG and the upcoming episodes are gonna be interesting.

Q8O544K.jpg

Also Suzuya who's voiced by Rie Kugimiya has finally appeared. I don't know why but I just can't get enough of him, he's just too awesome.
Gotta love this kid's creepy factor. I hope he gets some screen time.

60Ox0FO.jpg

This for some reason reminds me of Batman, I mean Kaneki is running on top of buildings.
I really hope we get to see some Aogiri missions, they sound really cool.

Last but not least we get this amazing tease...
44pJSvR.jpg

Yooooooooo 😍😍😍
Sweet Jesus those lips, my god this is too much for my heart to handle. Eto your just too much.

Anyways the OST, OP, and Ending were amazing.

Death Parade 2

As much as I like the arbiter stuff, I can't help but wonder if this episode could have been handled better whether it be something with a longer run time with elements from 1 & 2 integrated into one contiguous package or a more simplified yet fresh morality tale to be observed. Removing so much ambiguity just feels strange unless the viewer was meant to empathize with Decim after viewing events like he did.
It takes away the fun of the viewer when they explain everything to you. That better not be the purpose of black hair lady. If she's just there to explain the human element and nuances then the show will lose its biggest positive trait, which was discussion.

Narag

It takes away the fun of the viewer when they explain everything to you. That better not be the purpose of black hair lady. If she's just there to explain the human element and nuances then the show will lose its biggest positive trait, which was discussion.

I doubt that's the case. That bit seemed like it was there to make the viewer aware the arbiters aren't infallible in their judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom