• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbayne

Nah, they'll just rush. I've heard that they've already done the whole 1st volume in the first episode.

Thats quite a pace. I guess its hard to judge what the effect the cuts have with only 2 episodes in and having not read the manga.

It didn't feel to me there was anything missing as in everything makes sense so far.

Cornbread78

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...me-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329

Director Tomohiko Ito posted on the official Twitter account of the ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) anime on Thursday that the show will portray the original manga's ending, although the manga has not yet ended. The anime is listed with 12 episodes, and is slated to end on March 24. The May issue of Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine (where the manga is serialized) is slated for March 4.

Boom

Qurupeke

Thats quite a pace. I guess its hard to judge what the effect the cuts have with only 2 episodes in and having not read the manga.

It didn't feel to me there was anything missing as in everything makes sense so far.

It's most likely what PdotMichael said. I try to stay away from such conversations in case of spoilers, but it seems the manga is actually a bit slow, so rushing isn't a bad thing in this case.

Funi's April releases.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise The New Movie-04/5/16
Maken-ki! Season Two-04/12/16
Black Butler Book of Circus–04/19/16
Kamisama Kiss Season Two-04/26/16
One Piece Season Seven, Voyage Six-04/26/16
Rage of Bahamut-04/26/16
Garo: Season 1 Part 1-04/26/16

kewlmyc

GATE 14

Holy Propaganda, Batman. But at least the show is getting pretty interesting now, so I'm not complaining. Glad that the prince got his ass royally handed to him, and I was surprises that the JDSF just decided to start bombing the shit out of the senate. Looking forward to next week.

Serious

Pandora 2

I'm really digging this one. Nene and Clarion are just fun to watch, Uzal's rather sociopathic, "because I can" tendencies are amusing. The action scenes and CG felt much better for me than the first episode's. Budget is low, but it looks a bit better during the action when it needs to be, while the slower comedy scenes try to compensate with silliness, which for me is working. Soundtrack's pretty awful though.

And yes, there is a bit of lewd. Can't say it bothers me in the slightest. Couple reasons for that, beyond having a high tolerance for ecchi. Nene's eagerness to it all is great. Nene is general is just adorable. More importantly, the show doesn't really linger on the scenes in question. Are they there, yes. But the show doesn't really play the "fingering" up that much, and the Pandora sequences go by fairly quickly. For me, fanservice becomes an actual issue when the show spends so much time on it that the comedy, action, story, whatever starts to suffer. I don't feel that's the case here.

Overreaction to an ending 10 weeks off is kinda hilarious.

YbsurRF.png

\m/

JulianImp

My Little Rika-chama Can't Possibly Be This Radical

...Seriously, I guess nobody in their right mind would hope for a "read the manga" ending, but based on what I've read in this thread it looks like the anime's adapting things at a fast enough pace to possibly cover all of the source material in the twelve episodes it's been allotted.

Gvitor

Kuroko no Basuke 01-13

So I decided to watch another sports anime, and since friends recommended this, I jumped in. I don't really care for basketball nor have I actually watched many full games like I did with volleyball before Haikyuu!, but this anime doesn't need any of that. It has the same hype building momentum Haikyuu! has and that's more than enough to cover for the lack of previous basketball knowledge, if that makes any sense.

At first I didn't like Kuroko much, mostly because he is the apathetic persona pretty much every anime has. I thought he was to Kuroko's Basuke what Kenma was for Haikyuu! Big difference is that Kuroko, despite talking in monotone voices and having that one expression, actually cares, and tells that. He, with these specific words, says he likes basketball, while Kenma doesn't sway from the "meh, I guess issokay" line regarding volleyball. All his interactions are great, both with Kagami and the Miracle Generation.

That's something I really liked, by the way. I was led to believe early on that Kuroko is a ghost, a phantom, a nobody, which is kind of ridiculous even if that is his "ability". I thought he was mostly ignored and not considered in the same "generation miracle" level since he didn't get the fame. But soon we get him interacting with Kise and Midorima, and we get to see that those who matter actually considered him: his team. Yeah, Midorima and him don't see eye to eye, but Midorima respects him and that's enough. He doesn't pretend he doesn't exist. It's weird that I got this feeling, because the intro says (and I only really noticed the wording after I started realizing this in the anime itself) "Despite being relatively unknown and lacking a game record, there was one more member recognized by the five prodigies".

One thing that didn't clicked is the dialogue during the matches. Thoughts and flashbacks are one thing, but actual dialogue is kind of ridiculous because of the time slots. Sure, Haikyuu! has some of this as well, but they don't feel as long. People talked for a minute in the last 3 seconds of the Seirin x Shutoku match. It was a great scene, though.

They also could use a little more time developing the other characters in the team. I don't know the name of any of them aside from Kuroko, Kagami and Hyuga, and I'm pretty sure I knew the names (and more) of all of Karasuno's team by this point in Haikyuu!

Kuroko no Basuke 01-13

They also could use a little more time developing the other characters in the team. I don't know the name of any of them aside from Kuroko, Kagami and Hyuga, and I'm pretty sure I knew the names (and more) of all of Karasuno's team by this point in Haikyuu!

You dont know furihata and koga?! :(

Garo the Animation 8

Heh, of course that would be how German lost his clothes. Of course.

From a writing perspective, I'm impressed that the show had two episodes with started and ended with the same scene and diverged in between to tell two contrasting stories. I'm also impressed that this episode balanced quite well the absurdity of German's situation and serious moments deeply relevant to the overall plot.

Quasar

Worth noting that this seems to only be relevant if you're in canada

Though it could be relevant for other non US countries given currency fluctuations. I know the Australian dollar is about the same now versus the USD.

That said I'm surprised they haven't done this across the board. Make new episodes accessible freely but after a certain point make them premium only. Like they do with manga.

Erased 02 :
is slowly but surely profiling into becoming the best anime of the year(s) 2015/2016, and maybe the decade - for me.
It's just really well shot, no over-used camera gimmicks or just plain bland shots and it's so rare in today's anime that I cherish it a lot.

Also great pacing, interesting plot, really really good voice acting with nicely written characters that don't make you feel like you heard the protagonists voice acting those 'one-trait' characters before a thousand times already.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 02

I think I'll give this one more shot next week because I'm still not finding myself very engaged.

Love Live 02

The mystery of how the fuck you pronounce μ's has finally been answered for me

pbayne

Kuroko no Basuke 01-13

(snip)

Yeah you could put Haikyuu and Kuroko side by side in comparison they incredibly similar in terms of how their stories progress(although most sports anime that ive seen have the same structure.) Even the team members from both sort of overlap with each other.

About the dialogue in matchs I guess its a cost saving measure. A way to animate a basketball game without actually animating it,if that makes sense. Its not until season 2 that they go all out with the animation in certain games but it is glorious when they do so.

And jesus if want ridiculous dialogue during a game watch Eyesheild 21. One play in American football=20 minutes runtime.

NOVID WAS RIGHT!

For all of the newcomers unaware of Novid's brilliance, here is a sample:

This whole thing with Oreimo exposes the dark truth of Heterosexual relationships - that they need a secondary crux for even a dude to even touch a woman in the modern age.

The whole gig was a "fetish", but back then (and still in other places) - the woman was given to man on a platter, or drunk forced into relations. Ever since the concept of respecting women as human beings came to the front - not in the Chivalric way of keeping the "fetish" alive, but in to giving women a chance to find there own way in life, these issues have popped up in ways in both the east and the west that have created this addictions and concepts as away to cope with the reality of the situation.

So you have the whole edifice coming down. Women's movement in both west and east (with a bit of free market machinations) has shown that the whole gig of heterosexual courtship is a illusion, and what shows like KNJ, Oreimo and the like say is that none of our concepts of law, religion, etc can solve these issues because the very basis of this is the self hatred of man towards himself and by extension, everybody around him. Man is the king of nothing and needs the illusions (even if they were created by media, social structures of how men relate to one another and so on) in order to live.

This is the reason why I see shows like Oreimo as the symptom of a larger issue and not nessaerly the cause. Basically, man could never be with women or even have sex with one unless given one, the woman being submissive to the man, or if Zizek is correct - man becoming apart of a nightmare where his desire is realized. The only reason we even are with females in the first place is that its acceptable by social rule and not by need. Anybody can have kids, but that doesn't even mean the two that brought the child in the world even really wanted to be with each other.

So, to even have sex anymore - man needs the fetish. That's were all the dark shit comes from. That's the true lesson of Oreimo, KNJ etc.

I really like it. In today's message board post world, it is getting rarer and rarer to see such a potent combination of surprised cat avatar, uppercase letters, and red text. A quality post. Post of the season, even.
Don't be so envious.

Tabi Machi Late Show 2

The title card being flicked downwards transitioning into Koizumi swiping her smartphone screen looking for status updates was a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom