• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Pandora ep.2
Yeah, no. They toned down some of it, but the power-up gimmick is still there. It's a shame because the show could be some fun, but man, 2#%$^ #^#$^&

Norn9 Episode 2
tumblr_o0ylbzpYuf1req4eqo1_540.png
tumblr_o0ylbzpYuf1req4eqo2_540.png

Well 2/2 I wonder, hopefully we eventually see everyone shirtless at some point in time.

nice plot with Kakeru still leading for best one.

norn travels through time or did the boy somehow randomly get there?

Pandora Ep. 2

If I ever watch something this garbage ever again, I'll probably just die so.. I guess that's a good thing. This probably has some of the worst sound design of anything I've ever seen in my entire life, including Uwe Boll films.

jbug617

Banned
Gate S2 2

Felt good to see the
Prince get smashed by the SDF
. Have a feeling that the
Prince is going to end up kidnapping someone from the SDF side.

Phatmac

That beat down of the shitty prince was pretty amazing. I'm always surprised that the army continues to easily defeat the kingdoms' warriors like nothing. We still need more Rory for me to truly enjoy this show. Lastly, can someone tell elf girl that her dad is dead already? Her shtick is getting really old.

It is full of stupid weird stuff
A character named Iceman Hotty,
a myth about how the world was created in a basketball game between the gods.
A sneaker for a mech (seriously, all of them are wearing sneaker)

Oh shit Iceman Hotty! I remember now!

It's like all the old trauma coming back!

Garo Crimson Moon Episode 13

Goddammit Crimson Moon. You suck ass for so long, and suddenly you give Raikou a pretty awesome armor upgrade that makes him look like a 10 foot tall Samurai.

I mean, the way he got the armor was stupid and rushed, but at least it looks cool.

...and it also means I'm kinda hyped for the second half.

I shouldn't be, but I am.

Goddammit.

I understand light novels like to give out fancy silly names, often to make a character sound more extravagant than they really are.

But the villain of the week in the latest episode of Heavy Object is called Sladder Honeysuckle.

Sladder Honeysuckle.

Heavy Object Episode 14

Wow that was the closest call for everyone yet. I enjoyed it
the steel net part, then Qwenthur arm yet again, I think thats the second time he's injured it. Havia for the saving win

Laughed a whole ton at the last few minutes. Havia on Qwenthur and both panicking so much, lol.

I understand light novels like to give out fancy silly names, often to make a character sound more extravagant than they really are.

But the villain of the week in the latest episode of Heavy Object is called Sladder Honeysuckle.

Sladder Honeysuckle.

Pssh that's barely Gundam or Bleach tier.

Call me when someone has a name that matches Allelujah Haptism or NaNaNa Najahkoop

Sladder Honeysuckle.

I see that the writer for the LN this was based on must have been a fan of Gundam or something because that's a Tomino name attempt if I ever saw one.

Pssh that's barely Gundam or Bleach tier.

Call me when someone has a name that matches Allelujah Haptism or NaNaNa Najahkoop

Please, those ain't got nothing on Shot Weapon.

Sladder Honeysuckle.

Kamachi loves to give his characters dumb names.

Tomino's character naming knows no bounds guys.

The following are 100% legitimate character names from actual shows.

Fatman Big
Killer The Butcher
Kitty Kitten
Kids Munt
Amandara Camandara
Full Flat

Cornbread78

Gate S2 ep.2:
You get what you deserve:
J0IdHTb.gif

(and this was just the beginning...before best girl took over, but we'll have to wait for better gifs on those moves...

3LeAFsr.gif

Yeah, that was a good episode. It's funny how the old gang just isn't around much for the first 2 episodes, but we've got a lot more world building while we're at it. Looks like even more $hit is going to go down next week with yet another price.
I'm guessing the princes are going to try and kill Pina at some point soon as they were referrign to her as a traitor. They will probably try to kill the Emperor as well

Numerous BL doujin and BL fics use that concept as a prompt. The guys play games (usually Smash Bros or Mario Kart), then the game gets intense, one falls on top of the other, passionate make out session occurs

Hilarious. The funny part is this is the type of stuff my boss used to tell me about his husband. Well, after he made him bring him a sandwich of course so he could finish his raid in WoW. art imitating life of the other way around? friggen' DTL.

Tomino's names are ridiculous and funny but Kubo's names for the current antagonists in Bleach sound like they came from Captcha like Askin Nakk Le Vaar, PePe Waccabrada and NaNaNa Najahkoop

Jaxec

Gate S2 Episode 2

Prince got a well deserved beat down with Kurobayashi laying the smackdown. But most importantly of all still not enough Rory.

Oh and going with crazy character names there's actually a guy called Welldone the Pussyhand in Mardock Scramble.

pbayne

Ajin 1

The streak of pretty decent CG is broke. A shame because the sound design was on point and the premise is decent.

Ill give it another few episodes.

phaze

I'm currently going through Eureka 7 and it's pretty good but WTF at the metaphysical nonsense of
"too many intelligent people=exploding universe."
This kind of premise seems to require a little better elaboration than they've given so far.

There won't be any.
Tomino's character naming knows no bounds guys.

The following are 100% legitimate character names from actual shows.

Amandara Camandara

Someone needs to ...
Gundam 00.

He has an evil split personality named Hallelujah.

Maybe watching Wing wasn't that bad of a choice after all ...

Non Non Biyori Repeat 06
I wasn't feeling this season a whole lot but this episode had some of my favourite comedic bits in the entire series. Natsumi getting progressively more roped in into a conversation about Precure and everyone trying to hide their disappointment about the failed fireworks outing just got to me.

GATE S2 Episode 2

I think I read the manga and then forgot because all of this seems reaaalllyy familiar. Gate is my show that I just watch. Not much really going on, just stuff moving around on screen.

Cornbread78

GATE 2

It's not just me right? So far this season Itami has become a lot more responsible and doesn't goof around as much.

Oh no, you are right.. The comedy bits are gone and we have a much darker tone now.. They have even kicked out his "harem" girls from the show for the most part; but we got a ton of the best girl:

18am9qn.gif

Ascheroth

Sekkou Boys - 02

It's okay. Sugita still da best.

Heavy Object - 14

Sladder is basically a slightly twisted Qwenthur with a huge arsenal of toys. Lots of close calls this episode and I'm looking forward to more types like Qwenthur and Sladder appearing later, like it was hinted a bit this episode.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju Episode 2

Interesting rakugo this time. Though I liked a bit of the character backstory and development more.

More time as kids would have been nicer though
though as teens that moment in the preview when they make that bedtime promise, need
CYym3PIUwAEk5ql.png

Why is Erased only 12 episodes? Don't they have enough material for at least 24?

Not enough funding? Not enough faith on the source material? Some other show booked their slot? Quality over quantity? Idk, but the director is known for putting out good work so I am not too bothered. In the end, I'd rather say "Damnit, I wish I had more of that!" than complaining about how the show dragged at certain points. So far it's been on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom