• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think AoT S2 will be better produced and will generally look better. They pushed it all the way back to Fall of this year so they don't have the 'rushed' excuse.

Then again it's also Wit so who knows.

Logic says after the success of the first season they will have more budget in the second season, which should give better production values. But who knows, anime business is weird.

Mature

I do think AoT S2 will be better produced and will generally look better. They pushed it all the way back to Fall of this year so they don't have the 'rushed' excuse.

Then again it's also Wit so who knows
How was Seraph of the End's production?

Qurupeke

I also don't have high hopes for Ace Attorney. It just can't work good enough in that format. The trials may be fun but they'll have to cut a lot of parts to make them possible, so it won't be as rewarding as in the game to find out the suspect. Also, the game is pretty static so I have trouble imagining how this will look. The story is great though, so at least, if the direction is good, it won't be bad.

Quasar

I also don't have high hopes for Ace Attorney. It just can't work good enough in that format. The trials may be fun but they'll have to cut a lot of parts to make them possible, so it won't be as rewarding as in the game to find out the suspect. Also, the game is pretty static so I have trouble imagining how this will look. The story is good enough though, so at least, if the direction is good, it won't be bad.

Having never played any of the games I don't really know what to expect. I know I normally avoid lawyering tv shows.

Having never played any of the games I don't really know what to expect. I know I normally avoid lawyering tv shows.

Ace Attorney works on the goofiest judiciary system in existence where every case has to be finished in three days and you can whip and throw coffee at other lawyers, so expect that

For anyone who didn't bother to continue watching Lupin after the initial episode I'd recommend to watch at least episode 13. Episode 10 with the wine party was also really good.

For those who watched all the episodes in a few bursts, which episodes did you like the most?
I hope it's at least 13

One thing I really like about the series is that it's able to end episodes in a very satisfying manner, even if an episode isn't that good the conclusion is super satisfying most of the times. The haunted house episode comes to mind. This is mostly due to the OST I guess.

Qurupeke

It's not your typical law stuff, don't worry. It will be more like a mystery show with comedy I guess, where the character has to find the killer, but the mystery is essentially solved thanks to testimonies and evidence in the courtroom.

Ace Attorney works on the goofiest judiciary system in existence where every case has to be finished in three days and you can whip and throw coffee at other lawyers, so expect that

That reminds me that Franziska Von Karma won't appear till season 2. :(

convo

Not really that related but Nintendo did say that licensed anime are gonna happen.
I suspect there are going to be better options than the 3ds shop 240p resolution for the Shaft Palutena short.

Not really that related but Nintendo did say that licensed anime are gonna happen.
I suspect there is gonna be better options than the 3ds shop 240p resolution for the Shaft Palutena short.

I'm surprised it took this long, aside from Pokemon anime and Zelda/Pokemon manga of course. Other then that...there was the Fire Emblem OVAs and that Shaft Palutena thing.

I expect Animal Crossing because that series is massive in Japan. Maybe Splatoon as well, but Smash would be awesome.

Having decided to never make another Metroid game, Nintendo decided to turn the series into a slice of life about Samus and her roommates.

Weirdo and potential lizard man Tomonobu Itagaki to make his directorial debut.

Qurupeke

I suspect there are going to be better options than the 3ds shop 240p resolution for the Shaft Palutena short.

We need more Shaft Palutena.

Having decided to never make another Metroid game, Nintendo decided to turn the series into a slice of life about Samus and her roommates.

Would watch.

Crocodile

I'm still behind on Lupin III 2015 but I've been really enjoying so far so its good to see others feeling the same :)

Ishii please go.

The man knows his audience - that's the exact type of thing you would say if you want lapsed Western anime fans to pop boners and give you Kickstarter money :p

No lies detected :p

Just a QQ: Was there an update on Under the Dog that prompted this aside or just another work Ishii is/was working on?

Then again it's also Wit so who knows.

Well, Hozuki was solid, Empire of Corpses looks good, and apparently Seraph S2 was mostly solid. So we'll see.

I have zero hope that the PW anime will be good. I'm expecting another Danganronpa anime. Acts as a decent summary of the game's story and that's it.

Unlike Danganronpa, Ace Attorney has a skilled director handling the anime, so there's some hope for it.

Crocodile

There are about a million IPs Nintendo has that would make great anime. It's just a matter of the tone, budget and talent they want to assign to them. You could have Kirby Right at Ya! redux or something like an Aliens TV show with Samus at the helm or a grand fantasy anime with the Fire Emblem/Kid Icarus cast, etc.

I was with you until the last sentence which I feel is a reference to something I don't get

I'm surprised it took this long, aside from Pokemon anime and Zelda/Pokemon manga of course. Other then that...there was the Fire Emblem OVAs and that Shaft Palutena thing.

I expect Animal Crossing because that series is massive in Japan. Maybe Splatoon as well, but Smash would be awesome.
I can only picture Smash anime being the next BlazBlue anime, sorry. Maybe it can even have Faylan to make some of it worth watching.

Are there any plans for a S3? It was a fun series, but I wasn't very satisfied where it left off.

It already went slightly pass the manga.

There's nothing left to adapt right now. I would like to see more, but unless they veer off into non-canon territory, probably shouldn't expect more.

So
before any of the fights take place? Interesting

Yes, it's more or less just the introduction of Kizu but still pretty dense at content and amazing scenes. I went through the 5 stages of grief straight after the movie because waiting another 6 months for the next Kizu part is a nightmare.

How much time did they put on Araragi describing Hanekawa's underwear? lol

Kizu doesn't have any monologues so the scene was quite similiar to the one in Bake but only more amazing because of the banter between Araragi and Hanekawa.

Clov

It already went slightly pass the manga.

There's nothing left to adapt right now. I would like to see more, but unless they veer off into non-canon territory, probably shouldn't expect more.

Ah, that's too bad. Oh well! I still have those little parody specials from the BDs to look forward to.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Only good Metroid game:

I2DQrbM.png

Qurupeke

re4 is a transformative game in a once great franchise whereas prime was a mediocre fps made for a mediocre series

First we had all those posts saying Senjougahara is the worst and now this. This is a bad day for this thread.

Kizu doesn't have any monologues so the scene was quite similiar to the one in Bake but only more amazing because of the banter between Araragi and Hanekawa.

I just wonder how much action will be in the movie. The novel seemed a lot more heavy on dialogues/monologues but it doesn't seem to be the case...

javac

I'd love to see a 12 episode series of this. It could be really colorful and fun.
Yeah could be really fun, just imagining it now, no discernible dialogue, just inkling speak. One episode on Inkling Girl/Boy getting a new weapon, one on Callie and Marie arguing with one another as sisters do, obvious concert episode, an episode around Annie and Moe and the other shopkeepers, a silly Cap'n Cuttlefish backstory episode, 3 mins each, would be so cool and fresh :p

Clov

Yeah could be really fun, just imagining it now, no discernible dialogue, just inkling speak. One episode on Inkling Girl/Boy getting a new weapon, one on Callie and Marie arguing with one another as sisters do, obvious concert episode, an episode around Annie and Moe and the other shopkeepers, a silly Cap'n Cuttlefish backstory episode, 3 mins each, would be so cool and fresh :p

I'd love to see some stuff with the Octarians and Octolings as well! I want to see what sort of antics they'd be up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom