• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Man, animator incomes REALLY SUCK. I couldn't even pay the rent to my apartment with that much :( Even if they've got some other income source that's just awful.

Watching Jack again with anime knowledge

nmwe9cx.jpg

My Neighbor Not-Totoro

I found Jexhius in Samurai Jack
mTEVqFQ.jpg

continues to be best anime

Man Jack was more anime than I remember. Right now AOTY 2016 is Samurai Jack '16 to lose

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gennedy loved anime. You could tell by all the anime he put into Dexter's Lab.

Phatmac

This looks like the kind of show that you know will terrible, everyone knows will be terrible and yet everyone will get hyped and then 7 episodes later will go "OMG, I can't believe how terrible it is!"

See also: Almost every Kyoani LN adaptation.
I don't expect much but it has some cute girl in it so it can't be that bad.

Towa no Quon 2

Still pretty solid. It had little of the incredible action flair that the first episode had, and looked noticeably rougher all around, but compensated for that with a pretty interesting story structure. I liked having the dual investigations from opposite sides into the serial murders, and Kaoru's character was interesting enough to sustain the focus on him. Now Quon is kind of an annoying character, so I'm worried that when we inevitably go into his backstory things will go south, but for now I'm still engaged.

John Blade

I just watched thi one a couple months ago and a couple of those rainy shots in the garden were almost photo-realistic they were so good. Another bitter-sweet film by that guy. You can tell he hates happy couples and happy endings in general since his tone towards relationships is that they will only bring pain, lol.

Yea, I heard about this from people here about the creator. Not saying I hate this method but it's a bit different when watching. At the end, the storyline is nothing too crazy but it's simple enough to follow. Also, yes, the animation look beautiful. I guess now, I need to look into finding all his work on DVD or Blu-ray now.

Taruranto

A boy with inhuman regeneration skills saves a girl that is about to fall. Sounds similar to an other anime I know.

That one about a guy who spends most of his time cheating on his girlfriend and molesting little girl(s) (but it's ok because she's a 1000 old vampire)?

It's pretty bad.

pbayne

That one about a guy who spends most of his time cheating on his girlfriend and molesting little girl(s) (but it's ok because she's a 1000 old vampire)?

It's pretty bad.

Ever now and then someone reminds me of why I won't watch Monogatari

Gintama 304

New OP better be filler cuz its bad.

This series really knows how to get violent at the plot important times. Gintoki rage mode next week?

Myriad Colors Phantom World 01

KyoAni...kind of sucks at OPs.

So this is what a show made exclusively for doujin artists looks like. I got 5 minutes in and started skipping around, a record previously set by Terra Formars, although this show is way better then that. At some point, watching this limbo scene I wondered if it were worth it to watch this myself or let others screencap it and I can watch it on Twitter and I think the latter will save me time.

Oh well. At least we're getting more Hibike. Curse you KyoAni semen demons.

we were hyped for that shit at one time

Who is we?

Good Winter line-up

Shows I Will Be Watching:

Active Raid (could be okay)
Ajin (lots of potential to be great but...hestiant that it will be)
Assass Classclass (more Assass with the best arc, so it should be sick)
Ao no Kanata (probably bad but eh, give it a shot)
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (the manga is pretty boss so this should be too. Guy did Cage of Eden (or Cradle of Monsters? I forget) though so...he could fuck it up)
Bubuki Buranki (sounds like a mindless fun show, though a ten year old being taken prisoner could mean it's a little heavier than it sounds)
Dagashi Kashi (only reason to watch this is to support all the doujins that are/will come out)
Dimension W (manga is neat, should be a fun show, good action)
Divine Gate (sure)
DRRRRRRRRRR (DRRRRRRRRRR)
Gate: Season 2 (despite my dislike of how it's being adapted, it's still Gate. Need more Rory and Dark Elf hijinks)
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar (sounds neat. Probs will disappoint but the premise is cool)
Kono Subarashii (this will probably be LN wish fulfillment trash but eh, I'll give it a shot. Designs are alright)
Koukaku no Pandora (depending on what the tone of this show is, it could be a sleeper good show)
Luck and Logic (I have no standards)
Phantom World (see above)
Prince of Stride (I dunno, designs are cool, it's a show about WALKING FAST)
Reikanzan (this will be what I watch while doing other things)
Schwarzesmarken (looks like it will be either really really good or absolute dogshit. Take a chance!)
Shouwa Genroku (might be a very calm and nice show to watch)

And of course more Gundam: IBO and Heavy Object.

...might...need to plan how I watch this season out.

Line_HTX

I don't remember any instances of Araragi molesting Shinobu. Hachikuji is another story, though.

It would be better for the world if Ougi replaced Hachikuji altogether. Need more Ougi screentime.

Myriad Colors Phantom World 01

KyoAni...kind of sucks at OPs.

So this is what a show made exclusively for doujin artists looks like. I got 5 minutes in and started skipping around, a record previously set by Terra Formars, although this show is way better then that. At some point, watching this limbo scene I wondered if it were worth it to watch this myself or let others screencap it and I can watch it on Twitter and I think the latter will save me time.

Oh well. At least we're getting more Hibike. Curse you KyoAni semen demons.

What is this?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I looked it up and "Hokocho", aforementioned bishounen space warlord is Season 3 so that would be post Genndy, technically.

Moonlight

Banned
Those character designs for Haruchika have some very unsettling quality to them.

The Tamako Market OP is different as well. The problem here is that Tatsuya Ishihara does the OPs for all the shows he directs, and they have followed the same formula from Air down to the present day.
I was sure that Tamako Market happened before Chuunibyou, but I'm wrong, apparently. I guess I wanted to safely organize the period between Chuunibyou and Amagi as the time KyoAni wasn't making anything to my interest.

Ascheroth

Myriad Colors Phantom World - 01

-"Crap! This is turning into a super chlichéd dating-sim encounter."
-"It's common knowledge but I'll explain it anyway."
-Fondles herself to unleash her power.
-And the whole Limbo scene.

This is like some absurdist comedy or something. It looks pretty though.

I will fight anyone who has a problem with Hachikuji.

Now Sengoku on the other hand...

Hachikuji, Shinobu and Ononoki are good characters that are half ruined by Araragi being a fuckin creeper.

Nadeko is a terrible person but she's interesting and the twist on the saccharine moe girl is great.

Many of these perverted shows that act self aware haven't earned the "it's ok but it's self aware" tag. You can say it all you want and wink wink nudge nudge, doesn't stop you.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Not really sure what I am watching this season, I do not forsee it being much. I also forsee myself not even bothering with Myriad Colors Phantom World because seriously fuck Kyoto Animation Light Novel Adaptations.

Qurupeke

Myriad Colors Phantom World

If history repeats itself, front facing twintails will be the most powerful character.

Yeah, it's amazing how similar it is to Inou Battle. I guess every supernatural school harem is similar though, but even the characters in these are similar...

Hatoko on that swimsuit is still the best.

I watched 6 minutes of that phantom menace show, i'm done. Definitely not for me.

Jar Jar Binks ruins everything. :(

TUSR

Banned
Yeah, it's amazing how similar it is to Inou Battle. I guess every supernatural school harem is similar though, but even the characters in these are similar...

Hatoko on that swimsuit is still the best.

The most only memorable part about Inou Battle was Hatoko calling out Andou for being a chunni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom