• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Whaaaat, for real? Is this just speculation or did the author say so.

Lol I totally failed after watching episode 2 today. Just finished reading all the manga chapters. It was too hard to resist.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1167141

I got lazy, but it's in the OP.

Okay, here's the post/link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...me-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329

Director Tomohiko Ito posted on the official Twitter account of the ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) anime on Thursday that the show will portray the original manga's ending, although the manga has not yet ended. The anime is listed with 12 episodes, and is slated to end on March 24. The May issue of Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine (where the manga is serialized) is slated for March 4.

Towa no Quon 3

This was like... a quarter of a good episode? Maybe a third? I really like the concept, between having other parallel story between the hero group and villain group and having a dream world built on traumatic memories, but the direction was only sporadically able to execute it properly. The really stylized flashback sequence was quite good, and provided the most visual interest in here, but a lot of the other scenes had bland direction and low quality character art. The cat-and-mouse game didn't feel tense enough. Kenji Kawai's soundtrack didn't do this episode any favors either; it's not good enough to properly support the emotional tenor of the most serious scenes.

From a writing perspective, it was a clever way to reveal Quon's backstory though.

Yeah. Noitanima so 11 episodes

No, Erased is 12 episodes.

Rainy

Banned
Shirobako 15

Man I knew that agent with the book company would come back to bite them :(

Besides that, it was interesting seeing other aspects of production! Though the two imaginary dolls get annoying after a while.

Exokell

Banned
I stopped watching anime long time ago but I just watched first episode of one punch man and I really liked it. Do I like anime again?

I stopped watching anime long time ago but I just watched first episode of one punch man and I really liked it. Do I like anime again?
You like good anime. I think we all have those moments where no anime looks appealing and then we watch something and get hooked again.

You like an anime at least. Anime isn't a monolithic entity, so it's not as simple as saying you like or dislike all of it.

From what I hear NoitaminA usually does 11 episodes but this is an exception.

Most noitamina shows are 11 episodes (or 22 if it's 2-cour), but there are other examples of 12 episode noitamina shows: House of Five Leaves, Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama, etc.

Did you read Nana to Kaoru: Black Label? That's a spinoff that is after the main series. NtK and Prison School aren't really all that alike.

Yeh, Nana to Kaoru, that's it. Not the Black Label spin-off, though, unless I'm mistaken.

And yes, they aren't similar. Nothing is it appears. I mean I'm not even asking for anything to be closely to it but just well written erotic content that also happens to be hilarious in some way. But it turned out—who could've possibly known—there's hardly any of that.

Sakura

For some reason I confused Kono Subarashii Sekai with Mushoku Tensei, and had been looking forward to it, but it's not that :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I should watch food wars / lie in april instead of stuff from this season right?
Except Haikyu and Erased of course.

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah I don't dislike the new animation so much as the fact that it doesn't really care to "say" anything. It's just a long sequence of the Garo armor being formed, with some nice artistic touches here and there, but compared to the first OP it is super unambitious. Both the new OP and ED blow too in terms of songs. I didn't think the ED song could get worse, but damn was I wrong. :(

If you want some laughs, go watch the Crimson Moon OP.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wait, Ajin is entirely in CG?

No wonder everyone is completely ignoring it.
It's being "ignored" because Netflix is sitting on it and not releasing it. Given the popularity of other Polygon Pictures shows like Knights of Sidonia, Ajin will also be successful.

It's being "ignored" because Netflix is sitting on it and not releasing it. Given the popularity of other Polygon Pictures shows like Knights of Sidonia, Ajin will also be successful.

I have to wonder how successful KoS was. Netflix is continuing to buy anime to dub, so it must have done at least okay.

That said, as much as people don't like BBR/BRCK (Yeah that sounds right.), Ajin CG looks bad in comparison. Doesn't suit the art well...

tumblr_o14ngqjcUT1v5z13bo1_500.gif

I'll watch it on sakugabooru.

I like Seraph of the End. But mostly in a "it's so bad, it's good" kind of way.

The second season becomes mostly good though, save for some really stupid moments.

Your decision to just watch the animation might be for the best.

Do we really have to start posting Ajin gifs here? They're opening up the old wounds Polygon Pictures inflicted upon me. Come back soon and save us, Studio Gooneys!

kewlmyc

Is Seraph of the End actually good? I checked out almost immediately when the plot started off with a disease that killed off anyone over the age of 13.

Is Seraph of the End actually good? I checked out almost immediately when the plot started off with a disease that killed off anyone over the age of 13.

The first season is a mess, the 2nd pulls itself together enough to be a really mediocre shounen action show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom