• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
CZRJhkGXEAE0bp1.jpg:large

Momo...
Momo >
Mika >>> Rin

Mailbox

i would like to note that of all the characters whom had red eyes in the past, only one of them had no reason to have red eyes in the moment.

It was a character in episode 2, but considering the last shot of episode 3 (and how oddly forced it seemed) it feels like a red herring.

ibyea

Banned
Erased - 3
This was a great episode that was equal parts disturbing and heartwarming. The disturbing part is of course the child abuse scenes, which are very intense. The lesser disturbing part, which is disturbing by implication, is the knowledge of Satoru's friend, who is a completely innocent person, being arrested and then eventually sent to death sentence.

I am impressed with how cinematic and crisp the show looks at times. That ending scene with the mountain trek and "Christmas tree" was just amazing, and it really was the emotional break needed after the very rough first half.

Clov

Sentai has released their May slate. A few interesting things in there! Azumanga will be getting a DVD release as part of the Sentai Selects line. Strawberry Marshmallow on the other hand is getting a BD release. The title of the collection, "Strawberry Marshmallow TV" seems to imply that they have (or plan on getting) the OVAs. The second half of Shirobako will release then, along with season 2 of Higurashi (which will be sub-only, unlike the first season).

On a bit of an unexpected note, Maiden Japan has licensed Gunbuster The Movie, and will give it a sub-only BD release that month. Personally I'll keep waiting for the OVA, even if some pesky music rights issues are in the way at the moment. It'll come here eventually, I'm sure.

Why the fuck is Yui in there? Who masterbates to her? What next, masterbating to the characters of Hidamari Sketch? Also, poor Momo, she doesn't deserve this
At least it wasn't Mikan.
Also, who is the black haired girl on the right?

Shibuya Rin from Im@s Cinderella Girls

Assassination Classroom Episode 25
tumblr_o1bnt6Mmhl1qbxqfpo2_540.png

Who better to welcome one to school that Maehara, lucky.

Itona Episode was a blast, mainly because Terasaka crew always bring the laughs and their all so good with their interests. Terasaka for best bro too.

Erased 3

Well, that was pretty disturbing. Child abuse and bullying. I'm still trying to figure out what the title's significance is. Wondering what kind of ending this will have. I hope it's not the obvious of him saving the girl, going back to the present time where the girl now exists, and the girl and him are married or something.

There are a few heroes or at least protagonists with red eyes, but they tend to be villainous in nature.

Alucard from Hellsing. Sebastian from Black Butler.

JCG

I am already quite happy with my two copies of Gunbuster (the Bandai Visual DVD and the BD compilation film that comes with Diebuster), but it's very good to know the show is available again in any form.

Cornbread78

Erased 3

Well, that was pretty disturbing. Child abuse and bullying. I'm still trying to figure out what the title's significance is. Wondering what kind of ending this will have. I hope it's not the obvious of him saving the girl, going back to the present time where the girl now exists, and the girl and him are married or something.

He could also die in her place in the past as well and "Erase" himself from history. Not really sure, but there are a ton of places this could go in reality. There has to be a time jump back into the future at some point and I'm really interested to see how that is integrated. (Pizza, manga, H.S girl,
mom dying
) so many posibilities.

Erased 3

Alright, all my worried and hesitations about this show are completely out the window. Like Duckroll said, the dude in charge of adapting this/screenwriting it/whatever is putting in fucking WORK. The direction is fucking stellar, the voice acting is top notch and it is smoothing over any wrinkles in the manga I worried about.

Damn yo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks for all the examples of bad characters with red eyes folks. I'll have the tvtropes page up in a jiffy,

Jarmel

Banned
I think the first real misstep I've seen from Erased is probably that quick ending scene. Just totally unnecessary.

Oh and the show isn't exactly being subtle about who is behind this which makes me wonder whether they'll reveal it early.

Squishy3

Erased 03

Yup, still amazing. I'm not sure on who people are thinking the show is obviously hinting to be the killer, though.
The mom's boyfriend? The teacher?

And yeah, the after-credits scene felt unnecessary in the context of this episode.

I think the first real misstep I've seen from Erased is probably that quick ending scene. Just totally unnecessary.

Oh and the show isn't exactly being subtle about who is behind this which makes me wonder whether they'll reveal it early.

While I agree it was a misstep, they probably used it in order to hook the audience even further. I mean I ain't suprised why they would add a cliffhanger like that especially since things like that are a norm for mystery shows.

Also from what I hear from others the manga isnt subtle about who the killer is as well because it really isn't the focus of the series. It mainly focuses on the character drama and their motivation. The mystery of the killer isn't the main hook.

I just hope they can competently fit the source material into 12 episodes since it seems the manga has fat that can be trimmed off.

Hattori

Banned
[Mobile Suit Gundam] - 2

I finally got to see the infamous Char in action. I can see why people like him. He's got that mysterious cool going for him.

---------

just watch the op & ed + a few cuts on the sakugabooru and imagine what could've been
I just might

duckroll

With Funimation stepping up their distribution of films in the US, and them having the license to Garo already, hopefully they will pick up the film. At least with Funimation I know their films will be shown in my city, unlike with Aniplex.

Can't say that helps me much! I might actually have better luck with Aniplex! ~_~

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 48

What's this, a good Precure finale? I don't believe it. I called way back when that their identities would be blown to Noble Academy. Pity it didn't happen sooner. Kanata and Shamour get to do stuff. So that's what Yui's arc was building up to. Uh, that was actually pretty cool of her. It helps that she has plenty of experience. I guess the side cast ended up being decent looking over them. I do like that they're directly helped by the dreams they fought to protect. Shut gets to act cool too. I always knew he was the bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom