• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe how much quality Erased is. I'm still so in awe with the latest episode. It's nice to get shows like these every once in awhile to remind me of why this medium can be more than just a nightly time killer.

Cornbread78

Emma A Victorian Romance S2 ep.8-9
Well, looks like William finally manned up and is making decisions for himself to move forward. Too bad these selfish devisions are destroying his family name. I'm surprised he made the decision to go see her at the end. The final three have to come to a tragic conclusion.

Jarmel

Banned
ktbBHsR.jpg
CguSJGH.jpg
That pressure when you got a useless teammate you wanna drop but can't.

I feel bad for some anime if they are really just viewed as a way to pass the time. Why watch them?

For exactly that, to kill 20mins of my time with some entertainment. Once in a while we do get gems like Erased though, and those I look forward to watching every week. The rest is... kinda just there? I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this.

Today, I was roped into rewatching Eva. Now, I like Eva.. probably as much as the next guy, but I NEVER want to rewatch it ever again.

Don't watch the third movie. Or at least not yet. Felt like the most pointless 2hrs of my life. That sure did kill my time, in the worst way possible.

John Blade

Emma A Victorian Romance S2 ep.8-9
Well, looks like William finally manned up and is making decisions for himself to move forward. Too bad these selfish devisions are destroying his family name. I'm surprised he made the decision to go see her at the end. The final three have to come to a tragic conclusion.

You almost there Cornbread78. Wish you do a let's watch on this series but I guess not everyone will like watching this anime show. As for me, I am just convert one of the anime I got today into my HDD so I can watch it later. Also, slowing down a bit on watching anime as I have few stuff at work which need to look into. Sigh...guess it's life.

That's not a very effective way to sell someone on watching a show!

I mean, it's exactly the sort of murder mystery series you were asking for a little ways back, complete with the traditional detective denouement at the end. It's interestingly and atmospherically directed in a great period setting, and the characters are pretty interesting. As long as you don't mind sitting through an extended lecture on Japanese folklore, you should enjoy it!

duckroll

I mean, it's exactly the sort of murder mystery series you were asking for a little ways back, complete with the traditional detective denouement at the end. It's interestingly and atmospherically directed in a great period setting, and the characters are pretty interesting. As long as you don't mind sitting through an extended lecture on Japanese folklore, you should enjoy it!

Where are the robots or dinosaurs though?

Where are the robots or dinosaurs though?

Duckroll if you want to watch something with robots and dinosaurs, watch Shin Getter Robo V.S. Neo Getter Robo.

It's four episodes of SUPER ROBOT ACTION with dinosaurs piloting giant robots fighting humans piloting giant robots! That's literally all you need to know about it. The rest of the show speaks for itself.

Why? Pretty good series for a rewatch I'd say. Good direction and it matters little if you already know where Eva ends up.

Eva is a show with many great moments and some near-perfect mech battles interspersed between some interesting character development and some stretches that are absurdly dull. Those dull stretches really killed me this time around.

Narag

Erased 2-3

Still don't care for the central gimmick or the mystery but the show's well made enough to be interesting from a technical perspective. There's something compelling about watching an adult infiltrate the secret world of kids and trying to understand that it though.

MAL continues to be useless for judging the quality of shows.

I go by far more scientific reasoning when judging a show.

Like my heart.

But is Metropolis actually good?

Yes. :c The animation is fluid, the lighting is beautiful, the CGI blends seamlessly into the hand drawn elements. An absurd amount of detail builds the city of Metropolis, and the characters that fill the city are full of life. It's hard not to care about them - the protagonists, antagonists, and everyone in between. The ending is probably the reason why it's so low, but even that is handled better than most other movies.

I only have four anime that I would say deserve a 10. This is one of the them.

Edit: That's a lie. I have like.. fifteen anime I think deserve 10s. :c Probably only four tv series though.

Gintama deserves to be there 5 times though

Gintama's a good show but having it take up 5 spots on the list is dumb. That'd be like if my favorite game ever list went like

1. GameCube Resident Evil 4
2. PC Resident Evil 4
3. DOS Doom
4. Wii Resident Evil 4
5. 360 Doom
6. SNES Doom
7. 32X Doom
8. 360 Resident Evil 4
9. Jaguar Doom
10. PS2 Resident Evil 4

As fantastic as Gintama is I don't know if I'd rank it in the top 5 of all time. Not even sure if top 10.

We all know Naruto, one piece and death note deserve those spots

Gintama's a good show but having it take up 5 spots on the list is dumb. That'd be like if my favorite game ever list went like

1. GameCube Resident Evil 4
2. PC Resident Evil 4
3. DOS Doom
4. Wii Resident Evil 4
5. 360 Doom
6. SNES Doom
7. 32X Doom
8. 360 Resident Evil 4
9. Jaguar Doom
10. PS2 Resident Evil 4

Somewhere out there is a person with Minecraft for their entire 10 list. :c

Considering how much I played Star Fox 64 when I was a kid, I'm surprised my hands aren't serious malformed because of that godawful controller.

Cornbread78

Cat Planet Cuties ep.4
Oh no, our kitty alien cutie has been kidnapped by a religious psycho group of wannabe cat people! What's worse is, she might go in heat while in captivity. This is definitely a big problem when Japan is trying to negotiate a peace treaty with the cat people. Needs more SoL cuteness.

Did you start watching this because I was talking about it a few days ago or coincidence? :p

VoE is my absolute favorite mecha anime.

No, I'm simply watching this to sate my mecha thirst, lol.

I don't have much to say on the plot as of now, other than it's pretty Shoujo-y. But the mecha designs and animation is fantastic.

JulianImp

Myriad Colors Phantom World #3
So yeah, the show's transparent as hell with its plot points. It does look good, though.

Also, Mai-oneesama sounds way too much like mayonnaise-sama.

Ojisan and marshmallow #3
So intense. A cute ecchi-comedy that basically manages to do the same thing other shows such as TLR do in about seven times less air time, and without the need to actually censor lady bits everywhere to get its point across (even though Mr. Mustache is completely oblivious to it).

Erased #3
Now this was good. May this show keep up the pace and never crash and burn, because it's definitely one of the better things I've watched in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom