• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Kayo doesn't really look human in that gif. Something about the way it is drawn looks more like a wolf or something. Reminds me of Yuki from Wolf Children... ^^;

Yea Satoru's smile also looked slightly wolfish due to the slightly pronounced canines. I liked it as it gave the character animation an unusual style in that moment.

So the 2million 1:1 Megumi figurine is so successful that they are making another 10 of them.

czsl8u3wcaesiobi8jbt.jpg

best girl

Qurupeke

If what gets adapted is indicative of the medium I would have to disagree. I would be up for any recommendations if there are some hidden gems.

I'm half joking. Yeah, there's a lot of trash and SAO clones, but some of my favourite animes, like the Monogatari series, Baccano and Kokoro Connect, are light novel adaptations. Mangas may have more high quality adaptations, but it's not like every LN is trash, as people like to say here.

Also, the light novel veloxStrix was talking about, is highly regarded but it probably won't get an adaptation.

pbayne

If what gets adapted is indicative of the medium I would have to disagree. I would be up for any recommendations if there are some hidden gems.

I think they do somewhat deserve the bad reputation they have but there are a lot of great shows that have come from light novels too:

Haruhi Suzamiya
Full Metal Panic
Kino's Journey
Hibike Euphonium
Boogiepop phantom
Spice and Wolf
Toradora
Baccano
Fate/Zero

And not sure is they're classed as light novel or just novels but

Welcome to the N.H.K
Hyouka

Edit: Oh Katangatari as well

Just T

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu: 2

Great episode, the Anri, Erika, and Izaya scenes were really good. Kasane is an intriguing character. Looking forward to how Anri and Haruna’s confrontation next episode will turn out. Wonder what Celty will do now that her head is in the open and how Izaya will react, though can’t imagine him being too bothered about it.

Dimension W: 2

Very enjoyable episode. Loser is an interesting character and got a little info on Kyouma’s backstory. Some decent action too, like the style switch in there. And was not expecting a dimension collapse to turn out like that.

Fireblend

Banned
(Erased 3)

Erased continues to knock it out of the park, damn. And I really am starting to think Kenya may also be a time-traveler? If he isn't I hope the show justifies his suspicions on Satoru in some other way than just "he's super intelligent!". I also kind of don't like the time traveling aspect of the show, or at least I hope it doesn't get in the way of the character drama or the overall mystery (It's ok if they use it to introduce new clues, it'd be disappointing if the murderer turns out to be a time-traveler or weird paradoxes start happening or something like that) but I guess that may be a direction they'll take so I'm keeping my expectations in check. I seriously felt dizzy during some scenes in the first half of the episodes, and that ending was super heartwarming. Can't wait for more.

Fake edit: Also I'm glad Satoru told that bully girl to fuck right off about the money business. Felt so good.

duckroll

Mononoke - Episode 3-5

Trapped on a ship - check (Katachi)
Passengers with secrets - check (Kotowari)
Wakamoto - check (Makoto)

Time to draw forth the Sword of Good Anime.

pbayne

Bakemonogatari 1

Huh? Feels like ive skipped over four seasons of content.

Nah it actually wasn't that hard to follow. How is Araragi not a quivering wreck if that is what he has to put up with within only the first episode. Nice to finally have some context for these characters that ive heard endless things about for years.

How important are the flash text cards? Like im not gonna stop the episode to read them every minute or so

Bakemonogatari 1

Nah it actually wasn't that hard to follow. How is Araragi not a quivering wreck if that is what he has to put up with within only the first episode. Nice to finally have some context for these characters that ive heard endless things about for years.

How important are the flash text cards? Like im not gonna stop the episode to read them every minute or so?

You aren't supposed to stop to read the flash cards.

Perfect Insider 2

I don't like Moe at all. If she's been attending university for a while, as seems to be the case, I can't believe she's so sheltered that she doesn't know how to use a knife or understand that food can be bought from a store. It's not as if her butler drives her to classes and picks her up right away afterwards, so she should have some normal interactions with various people. Also, the way she pushes herself on the professor romantically is kind of creepy. Plus the episode contained another underage seduction scene when the thirteen year old Shiki tried to seduce an older married man in a car he was driving. What is the author trying to say here?

Sonicmj1 asked the other day if there were any other anime characters with lips similar to Satoru's mom in Erased, and considering he seems to be fan of Perfect Insider I'm a bit surprised he didn't remember these two characters:

Although I suppose they aren't likely to appear much.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Bakemonogatari 1

How important are the flash text cards? Like im not gonna stop the episode to read them every minute or so

Let us just say that Monogatari has a very odd adaption of its arcs.

kewlmyc

Assassination Classroom S2 Episode 3
download.png

Good show continues to be good. Itona should make a fun addition to the class.
Humor was a bit off this episode though.

I heard that the anime skipped Takebayashi's arc, which sucks if true. It's literally the only character development he gets.

Divine Gate Episode 3
tumblr_o1czvfRbxf1qbxqfpo2_540.png
tumblr_o1czvfRbxf1qbxqfpo1_540.png

Akane needs to get more involved and warm Aoto's heart. He's missing so much stuff just because he's never had warm food before. And worst now he's talking to himself on tracks and stuff. Im glad they did mention it as I was wondering, is anyone seeing this new guy just holding a conversation with himself in the middle of the track?

tumblr_o1czzprcYl1qbxqfpo2_540.png
tumblr_o1czzprcYl1qbxqfpo3_540.png

Hopefully we get way more action next episode. I want some more of that epic fire stuff. Though Im not opposed to more joking scenes of Akane and his smile and laugh. Great unique personality among every.

And Oz for great costume.
tumblr_o1cziqzz021qbxqfpo1_540.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Perfect Insider 2

I don't like Moe at all. If she's been attending university for a while, as seems to be the case, I can't believe she's so sheltered that she doesn't know how to use a knife or understand that food can be bought from a store. It's not as if her butler drives her to classes and picks her up right away afterwards, so she should have some normal interactions with various people. Also, the way she pushes herself on the professor romantically is kind of creepy. Plus the episode contained another underage seduction scene when the thirteen year old Shiki tried to seduce an older married man in a car he was driving. What is the author trying to say here?

I will advise you to abandon ship now but I suppose you will have to see how everything unfolds.

Just T

Gintama: 306

Nice episode, more neat speeches. Kagura still not on Kamui level but those scenes in the forest were dope. The Gin and Takasugi team up was too, he got his payback. Then all them together in the end was a nice set up, shame Gin and Takasugi aren’t in their best shape. Also sucks Katsura isn’t around. The Ginpachi-sensei segment was hilarious.

blurr

Perfect Insider is worth watching.

Very good sense of mystery, interesting lead character and lots of thought provoking conversations.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Perfect Insider is worth watching.

Very good sense of mystery, interesting lead character and lots of thought provoking conversations.

The mystery was alright I will grant you but dear god no, the MC was boring, he was boring by design as his personality was aloof and blunt to the brink of anti-social tendencies and the conversations were ponderous and dull for the most part.

blurr

The mystery was alright I will grant you but dear god no, the MC was boring, he was boring by design as his personality was aloof and blunt to the brink of anti-social tendencies and the conversations were ponderous and dull for the most part.

Not MC, the woman, Magata Shiki was a really interesting character.

I came across the name of the guy who worked on ED3 (Halicali - Tip Taps Tip) of Eureka 7 but his name slipped my mind, anyone remember?

I've been rewatching that ED for a while now, it's an excellent piece of work.

dan2026

So I see this ERASED series is based of a manga that hasn't finished yet.

Does that mean its crappy anime original end time?

Qurupeke

So I see this ERASED series is based of a manga that hasn't finished yet.

Does that mean its crappy anime original end time?

lol This question starts to be really common.

The answer is no, the manga is ending around the same time as the anime and we're getting the manga ending.

pbayne

Bakemonogatari 3

Episode completely sold me on Aaragi. Im enthralled by the guy now. I thought he was just gonna be harem guy and not do much and that the other characters were the real focus but fuck he's so charming and funny.

Some of the reaction faces he pulls when talking to crab girl(im not gonna attempt spelling her name) were amazing. And the joy he took from smacking snail girl, so boss.

Do people not consider this like a slow or bad season of the show(I gather this and nise are the ones people aren't too hot on)? But this is really awesome so far

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Not MC, the woman, Magata Shiki was a really interesting character.

I came across the name of the guy who worked on ED3 (Halicali - Tip Taps Tip) of Eureka 7 but his name slipped my mind, anyone remember?

I've been rewatching that ED for a while now, it's an excellent piece of work.

Oh her, I have opinions on this, very loud and angry opinions but that will wait for another day.

Puruzi

Banned
Bakemonogatari 3

Episode completely sold me on Aaragi. Im enthralled by the guy now. I thought he was just gonna be harem guy and not do much and that the other characters were the real focus but fuck he's so charming and funny.

Some of the reaction faces he pulls when talking to crab girl(im not gonna attempt spelling her name) were amazing. And the joy he took from smacking snail girl, so boss.

Do people not consider this like a slow or bad season of the show(I gather this and nise are the ones people aren't too hot on)? But this is really awesome so far

Lots of people think Bake is the best or second best

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Bakemonogatari 3

This season is well liked but is kind of trumped by later seasons, you will know when you get to the bad season.

Qurupeke

Bakemonogatari 3

Some of the reaction faces he pulls when talking to crab girl(im not gonna attempt spelling her name) were amazing. And when the joy he took from smacking snail girl.

Bake a bad season? Definitely no. And it isn't slow at all.

Araragi is great as a main character. The cast is relatively small so in every arc you'll see about 2-3 of the characters having pretty much all the dialogues. Most of the stories will be on Araragi's point of view, so he will be involved a lot in them, it's just that most of the stories aren't about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom