• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Gate ep.15
Itami you crazy bastard. I guess it's time to kick some
dragon
ass next week! At least we got Rory back this week for sone fun. This gonna be good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
dv3YRPh.jpg

They make the academy look respectable by comparison.

Their trophy isn't a patch on our one.

Cornbread78

Heavy Object ep.15
Uh-oh, looks like Quenthar screwed up and she's ready to rumble. I'm still not sure how he broke into
that moving object
but that ojo-Sama laugh is annoying as hell. Hope he gets his because like McGiverx there is always a way, lol.

Oh and dat dirty Major.

pbayne

Bakemonogatari End

Marathoned the hell out of the rest of this after work, so good.

Obviously lttp but the show is dripping with style. Usually im wary of SHAFT but here everything they do just works.

I can't think of a single character I didn't like. Highlights being Araragi himself, Kanbaru and Hachikuji. Kanbaru was just the best bro-chick ever and I think I enjoyed her friendship with Araragi the most as there was no real romantic undertones for the most part and the interplay between them was so much fun. Plus the BL stuff put her over the top.

Episode 12 was the high point, really beautiful transition into the ending, and I was surprised how invested I got in Senjogahara and Araragi's relationship. Like I wrote it off as a harem romance that probably wouldn't go too far but no it actually had some nice depth to it. I've seen some gifs of future events that...make me raise my eyebrow as to how faithful Araragi is but ill cross that bridge when I get to it.

So yep loved it. Id assume Shinobu's arc is next. Going forward I could guess where some problems might arise. 1, Character overload, if it continues to add more characters every arc then obviously not all of them will be hits and others will get neglected. 2, longer arcs. Like its hard to not like a character when you only focus on them for 1 or 2 episodes. If they have to carry 11 or 12...I dunno maybe it would work..

P.S. What the hell with that white car constantly showing up? If that isn't something...SHAFT better not be trolling.

Futurecard Buddyfight:100 (hundred) Episode 41
CZXUxXlWQAEv992.png

Wow Master Protection from the Inverse Omni Lord had one of the most annoying abilities in the whole game especially when it crossnize...

At least Tasuku Ryuenji is epic incarnate.

Rakugo 03

Really like the OP, very jazzy. The ED is quite good as well. Oh and I liked this episode a lot. Much more character driven, with less lengthy Rakugo. Hoping for more episodes like this one. Rakugo is fun and all, but I feel like maybe because I don't understand the language it isn't as good as it would be to someone who can understand what they are saying.

Aki-at

Assassination Classroom S2 - 3

Good episode, though not as funny as last week's episode. Also does anyone know if this season will wrap up the series since the manga seems to be concluding soon too? I might be able to hold off reading the last few chapters if that's the case.

Shirobako - 22

GYKMr0L.gif

This scene slayed me. I was thinking the second half of the show didn't quite gel with me like the first half but recent episodes have really picked up. Also Sugie is like the lifeblood for the production company ha.

Good episode, though not as funny as last week's episode. Also does anyone know if this season will wrap up the series since the manga seems to be concluding soon too? I might be able to hold off reading the last few chapters if that's the case..

I think theyd have to do some rushing if they wanted to put two semesters into this season to close of the series. I think its unlikely.

I think we wouldnt really know until they get halfway through.

Tuck

Good episode, though not as funny as last week's episode. Also does anyone know if this season will wrap up the series since the manga seems to be concluding soon too? I might be able to hold off reading the last few chapters if that's the case.

Shirobako - 22

GYKMr0L.gif

This scene slayed me. I was thinking the second half of the show didn't quite gel with me like the first half but recent episodes have really picked up. Also Sugie is like the lifeblood for the production company ha.
That scene almost justified the inclusion of that garbage tier character.

But not quite.

Link Man

Banned
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shiju 3

A good episode, and I am enjoying it, but bracing myself for
the inevitable love triangle that's going to tear Bon and Shin apart

Moaradin

What's up with the hate for her?

She's like the worst example of the things I dislike about Shirobako. I really like the show but it's like they weren't confident the show would be interesting enough with it's premise, so they needed to put in these dumb "cute" anime tropes that don't fit in at all. I didn't like the main character designs, but dumb moe girl's entire character is trash. Nobody would hire someone like that!

Aki-at

Honestly I thought she was mute at first but in the end she's their to give Ema some more lines. Surprised she hasn't tried to kill Miyamori if a casual conversation between Ema and Mii can set her off heh.

Overall though I'm not sure I'm feeling the new additions to the team compared to the first half, Honda and Kinoshita interactions were great and neither Sato or Ando have really done much for me to like/dislike them. At least Hiraoka gets more interesting later on but overall, it's not as enjoyable for me in the second half.

Also poor Shizuka always getting screwed over :<

I think theyd have to do some rushing if they wanted to put two semesters into this season to close of the series. I think its unlikely.

I think we wouldnt really know until they get halfway through.

Oh right, hm, I might hold of then. I'd rather watch the conclusion then read it since I got into the anime first.

Jintor

yeah she doesn't get much dev beyond that and since she mumbles that basically becomes what most of her scenes become about

Utena 11

USO DA

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 2

My God is the character animation really good. I'm in love with the show and how expressive it is. The characters are full of personality and really add to the show. I loved how the episode delved into the past and showed the differences between the two. Seriously Deen is on a roll.

I honestly can't decide between this or Erased on which is the better show.

Quasar

Droppin Rakugo. It's a well made show but I can't find the appreciation for Rakugo to keep me interested.

Its kind of unfortunate. Shows being too unusual to the point they cant really catch an audience, whilst everyone gripes about anime being too samey. That happened to me with Aku no Hana. I recognised its qualities, but just wasn't for me.

I kind expect this to crater as badly. Unless there really is a thing for Rakugo in the Japanese otaku audience.

She's like the worst example of the things I dislike about Shirobako. I really like the show but it's like they weren't confident the show would be interesting enough with it's premise, so they needed to put in these dumb "cute" anime tropes that don't fit in at all. I didn't like the main character designs, but dumb moe girl's entire character is trash. Nobody would hire someone like that!

Don't get stressed out. Do some angel calisthenics.

jKCCtzA.gif

Narag

Its kind of unfortunate. Shows being too unusual to the point they cant really catch an audience, whilst everyone gripes about anime being too samey. That happened to me with Aku no Hana. I recognised its qualities, but just wasn't for me.

I kind expect this to crater as badly. Unless there really is a thing for Rakugo in the Japanese otaku audience.

Acknowledging a show isn't for you, even if well-made, isn't for you isn't unfortunate at all. Everyone benefits over the cut ties as opposed to forcing one's self to sit through something they don't care for the sake of the zeitgeist or simply just fitting in. That's more likely to breed enmity than it is to successfully sway you down the line. It also enables the scenario where if you don't want to revisit it down the line, it'll be on your terms with no pressure in doing so.

Who's Digibro?

Oh hey, the guy from Mother's Basement is in it.

Some really obnoxious youtube commentator who did a video for every episode of Asterisk War to tell people it was a LN adaption. He's also the one that talks the most and loudest while bringing up dumb issues. Especially in the Erased portion.

Quasar

Acknowledging a show isn't for you, even if well-made, isn't for you isn't unfortunate at all. Everyone benefits over the cut ties as opposed to forcing one's self to sit through something they don't care for the sake of the zeitgeist or simply just fitting in. That's more likely to breed enmity than it is to successfully sway you down the line. It also enables the scenario where if you don't want to revisit it down the line, it'll be on your terms with no pressure in doing so.

Well its unfortunate in that so few shows like that get made. And people will just retreat to formula. Which is the problem we have. Though thats not something specific to anime or japanese pop media.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Koukaku no Pandora Episode 3:

Well, looks like this is my guilty pleasure for the season, yea, it is trash but at least it is interesting and different even if it is a throwback to the early 2000s fetish work. At least it isn't another set of ragged recycled light novel tropes pressed off the assembly line.

Koukaku no Pandora Episode 3:

Well, looks like this is my guilty pleasure for the season, yea, it is trash but at least it is interesting and different even if it is a throwback to the early 2000s fetish work. At least it isn't another set of ragged recycled light novel tropes pressed off the assembly line.

I also enjoy fisting.

Actually, I couldn't live with this one. Something to do with the general ugliness and poor sound design killed my enjoyment of it. Decided to replace it with Nurse Witch Kumugi-Chan which is.. slightly better.

Fairy Tail Series 2 Episode 93

The ED song is starting to grow on me, Ill be there for you!

I like their underwater exploration part. I didn't actually read this far so this is all new for me.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Bakemonogatari End

Marathoned the hell out of the rest of this after work, so good.

Obviously lttp but the show is dripping with style. Usually im wary of SHAFT but here everything they do just works.

I can't think of a single character I didn't like. Highlights being Araragi himself, Kanbaru and Hachikuji. Kanbaru was just the best bro-chick ever and I think I enjoyed her friendship with Araragi the most as there was no real romantic undertones for the most part and the interplay between them was so much fun. Plus the BL stuff put her over the top.

Episode 12 was the high point, really beautiful transition into the ending, and I was surprised how invested I got in Senjogahara and Araragi's relationship. Like I wrote it off as a harem romance that probably wouldn't go too far but no it actually had some nice depth to it. I've seen some gifs of future events that...make me raise my eyebrow as to how faithful Araragi is but ill cross that bridge when I get to it.

So yep loved it. Id assume Shinobu's arc is next. Going forward I could guess where some problems might arise. 1, Character overload, if it continues to add more characters every arc then obviously not all of them will be hits and others will get neglected. 2, longer arcs. Like its hard to not like a character when you only focus on them for 1 or 2 episodes. If they have to carry 11 or 12...I dunno maybe it would work..

P.S. What the hell with that white car constantly showing up? If that isn't something...SHAFT better not be trolling.

Right, requisite warning about Nisemonogatari, if you found some of the stuff in Bake off putting then that shit is going to be amplified. I know certain people detest this warning but it exists for a reason.

Garo the Animation 16

This episode was kind of bad. Michio Mihara, Shun Kudo, and low-quality Korean outsourcing from UEC combined for a perfect storm of clumsy execution. I'm really disappointed in how low quality Mihara's work has been since he left Yuasa. This is probably my least favorite episode of the entire series.

At least the last scene promises some building intrigue in the overall plot.
Of course Mendoza isn't dead.
If only the execution had been better so that reveal could have had the impact the reveal at the end of episode 13 did.

Dimension W 2

Now that was a fun episode. The action scenes were pretty great and the CGI was actually good, props to Orange.

That ending though......

Dagashi Kashi Episode 3
CZXyWA4WkAAHsGD.png

Best episode thus far, To really saves the anime and with Coconuts, the anime actually becomes really amazing. He needs to stick around more as I cant help but pay attention when both are on screen. Unlike when its Hotaru focused and Im just paying attention to everything else but her.

Also I had the same moment as To did when a coworker brought back china candy that had an edible wrapper and I didnt know. I didnt know such a thing existed.
tumblr_o1dwzwRjFW1qbxqfpo1_540.png
tumblr_o1dwzwRjFW1qbxqfpo2_540.png

e_i

Pandora in the Crimson Shell episode 3

That was a pretty good episode yeah. Loved the wifi fingering yeah. Yeah.

Dagashi Kashi

Also! I totally called it when I said that the OP for the first episode was just a placeholder. Feel did the same thing with Oregairu at first. Small victory for me... yay... ;-;

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 3:

I warned this place that people were going to start dropping this show in earnest sooner rather than later given all of the barriers to entry. Still, there is enough universality within the core narrative to keep this show compelling.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G GIRS Crisis Episode 8 (engDub)
CZX5M4gW0AAEPE1.png

Poor Kamui he even gets bad grades.

Oracle Think Tank has great cards, I love the Magus cards (Lozenge Magus, Paisley Magus, Octagon Magus, Rhombus Magus, One Who Views The Planet Globe Magus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom